• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Watch the police remove a Watertown family from their home, and then search it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmdon

NES Member
Disgusting disregard for the people of Watertown and their 4A rights.

The men are forced to exit with their hands on their heads.

[video=youtube_share;2LrbsUVSVl8]http://youtu.be/2LrbsUVSVl8[/video]

You put them in a SWAT uniform, and all of a sudden they become storm stoopers........kind of scary in my opinion.

Makes you wonder if some of the cops knew the house, and decided this was a chance to use the situation as an excuse to search the house without a warrant.

u wonder if some of the cops knew the house, and decided this was a chance to use the situation as an excuse to search the house without a warrant.

I am sure that was the furthest thing on their mind that day.

Regular old fashioned police work must seem pretty boring after getting dressed up to play soldier.

scary stuff. They just took among themselves to suspend 4th amendment at will?? Wonder how defensible this would be legally speaking if you refused. Also you better believe if i was in watertown that day i would be carrying in my home wonder how that scenario plays out. SWAT vs armed homeowner protecting him/her self

Poor dog is looks pissed they took his owner and then tied his leash to the fence. This looks bad

Given that fellow in Wellesley who lost his LTC a few years back for refusing to answer police questions, I can certainly see a person losing their LTC for refusing to let police in their home in a situation like this.

Better question. Say you were carrying. Super cop catches a glimpse. Do you end up hog tied on the floor before you can say LTC?

I went to pick up my wife at Logan Fri morning.

They had a roadblock set up coming into the airport. They wanted to search people's trunks. People were opening their trunks without even thinking. Good Sheep.

I refused. I told him I had checked the trunk before I left and was absolutely sure there were not fugitives in it.

The cop looked at me and my 2 kids sitting in child seats in the back and waved me by.

Having kids with you is great. No cop wants to deal with all the crap that comes with arresting someone responsible for kids.

Don

Let the floodgates open!!! This is just more evidence of the erosion of our rights. It will be slow but incessant but erode they will. Personally I would have had no problem letting them is to look for this guy but I don't want to be told I have to.
I'm betting no one refused them access. We just do what we are told......

I went to pick up my wife at Logan Fri morning.

They had a roadblock set up coming into the airport. They wanted to search people's trunks. People were opening their trunks without even thinking. Good Sheep.

I refused. I told him I had checked the trunk before I left and was absolutely sure there were not fugitives in it.

The cop looked at me and my 2 kids sitting in child seats in the back and waved me by.

Having kids with you is great. No cop wants to deal with all the crap that comes with arresting someone responsible for kids.

Don

A friend of mine who works for CSX said the railroad police are unlikely to arrest anyone with a dog. They don't want the hastle of dealing with a dog and the likelihood of being accused of animal cruelty.

This was in the other thread, it was postulated by a forum LEO who was there (In Watertown, not this house) that the occupants probably requested to be treated this way. [rolleyes]

Let the floodgates open!!! This is just more evidence of the erosion of our rights. It will be slow but incessant but erode they will. Personally I would have had no problem letting them is to look for this guy but I don't want to be told I have to.
I'm betting no one refused them access. We just do what we are told......

Why would you let them in if they asked nice?

Unless you actually suspected he was there.

The cop asked me nice to open my trunk. I KNEW it was empty. He didn't. Tough nuts for him.

What if just prior to this the cops got a 911 call saying they saw someone fitting the description of the terrorist entering that house. Wouldn't that pretty much throw the 4A argument out the window? Not saying that is what happened, but there is no way of knowing why they went full retard on that house, then packed up their crap and left the neighborhood entirely.

I heard that the ACLU has been contacted and are working on this

That is awesome. I hope it cost the town or state MILLIONS. This is beginning to remind me a lot of the Katrina aftermath.

- - - Updated - - -

What if just prior to this the cops got a 911 call saying they saw someone fitting the description of the terrorist entering that house. Wouldn't that pretty much throw the 4A argument out the window? Not saying that is what happened, but there is no way of knowing why they went full retard on that house, then packed up their crap and left the neighborhood entirely.

Repeat after me. I DO NOT CONSENT TO ANY SEARCHES.

I'm always inclined to give the benefit of the doubt (especially in individual situations with which I don't have all the info)... but I have some serious concerns over the way the whole thing was handled at a general level.

Mike

Can somebody tell me what the back story is here and explain why they were removed from the house? It wasn't in the video, but it sounds like it must have already been posted here, and I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom