Warren Tolman.....is he nuts?

Hmmmm,
Union Ironworker here.

I didn't get the message. And my Business manager knows where I stand. Plenty of work for me.

And I voted against toolbag.
Yeah, there are a lot of ironworkers in South Boston and I don't see anyone telling them what to do. And of all the unions they've done the most for the community.

What is fair to say, I think, is that trade union leaders have much different agendas than the guys who are actually doing the work.

Yeah, there are a lot of ironworkers in South Boston and I don't see anyone telling them what to do. And of all the unions they've done the most for the community.

What is fair to say, I think, is that trade union leaders have much different agendas than the guys who are actually doing the work.

What I learned at GD/EG (Groton) when the draftsman's union went out on strike:

- union leaders still pulled a paycheck . . . paid by the dues of the workers.
- union workers (in CT) were not entitled to unemployment and got nothing during the strike.
- when they had voted to allow the leaders to represent them in bargaining that vote included an "up to and including a strike" and therefore no specific strike vote was called.
- union workers were pissed more at their leaders for mis-representing the vote and negotiations to them than they were at the company.

So if the "big boy" unions operate the same way (I don't know but suspect as much), they truly have a different agenda and don't share the hurt when they call a strike.

Two things.

The margin of crushing was significant. I am thinking that the gun issue was a part of that given the margins in other races on the D side.

Maybe people with iPhones (with unreliable fingerprint recognition) heard him going to use existing laws to require fingerprint technology on guns really startled them into a realization of how dangerous that brand of zealotry is.

Two things.

The margin of crushing was significant. I am thinking that the gun issue was a part of that given the margins in other races on the D side.

Maybe people with iPhones (with unreliable fingerprint recognition) heard him going to use existing laws to require fingerprint technology on guns really startled them into a realization of how dangerous that brand of zealotry is.

Tolman wasn't just crushed... he was steam rolled, chewed up, spit out and flushed down the toilet...

The only reason he won Watertown, Belmont and Waltham was because he's a local boy.

What I learned at GD/EG (Groton) when the draftsman's union went out on strike:

- union leaders still pulled a paycheck . . . paid by the dues of the workers.
- union workers (in CT) were not entitled to unemployment and got nothing during the strike.
- when they had voted to allow the leaders to represent them in bargaining that vote included an "up to and including a strike" and therefore no specific strike vote was called.
- union workers were pissed more at their leaders for mis-representing the vote and negotiations to them than they were at the company.

So if the "big boy" unions operate the same way (I don't know but suspect as much), they truly have a different agenda and don't share the hurt when they call a strike.
Years ago I worked at Nashua Corp when the IBEW called a strike. This was the late 70's when inflation was high and there could be pretty big increases in contracts. I forget the actual numbers but lets say the company offered something like 10% for a year. The IBEW wanted 18% for two years. So they went on strike.

Tha vast majority of the workers were bullshit - they wanted to work and needed the money. The company put all the managers (most of whom came up from the ranks) and engineers on 12 hour shifts back in the plant. Production increased.

During that time, the industrial engineers went in and did work studies on all the processes, effectively increasing work targets. The union eventually settled for something like 15% for 18 months. So while the union management declared "victory," the rank-in-file lost three weeks pay and had to produce more.

During the strike, one of the workers was near the entrance while I was walking in. One of them said, under his breath "See that Lincoln over there? That's one of our 'Union Brothers.'" I had a lot of respect for the production staff, they were very conscientious. The net result was that the division went out of business less than a year later, although not all the jobs were lost.

Last edited:
Lasted about 30 seconds.....

Colonel_klink_tolman_page-L.jpg

Hmmmm,
Union Ironworker here.

I didn't get the message. And my Business manager knows where I stand. Plenty of work for me.

And I voted against toolbag.

Trade Union member here. The union wanted us to vote for Tolman. Didnt work. The majority of our shop are gunowners.

interesting tidbit i noticed yesterday.....
my on-the-n.h. border town had plenty of sign holders for local candidates at the polling places yesterday, NO sign holders for the big races (gov, ltgov, treasurer, ag,). i noticed the same thing in a couple surrounding towns. (that's not to say they weren't there-they were incognito if they were there)
fast forward to the large north shore city where i work and there were all kinds of signs and holders for the big "D" names.
i wonder why that is?

He's also just a lunatic, an idiot, and a seagull. Flies in, makes a lot of noise, shits everywhere, then leaves. Even the dems in MA know enough to not feed seagulls.

-Mike

my on-the-n.h. border town had plenty of sign holders for local candidates at the polling places yesterday, NO sign holders for the big races (gov, ltgov, treasurer, ag,). i noticed the same thing in a couple surrounding towns. (that's not to say they weren't there-they were incognito if they were there)
fast forward to the large north shore city where i work and there were all kinds of signs and holders for the big "D" names.
i wonder why that is?

I worked for Barry Finegold for Treasurer and he just didn't have enough resources to obtain a large quantity of signs. I imagine that the prime time ads he bought that aired during the 5 o'clock news were expensive.

Tolman wasn't just crushed... he was steam rolled, chewed up, spit out and flushed down the toilet...

The only reason he won Watertown, Belmont and Waltham was because he's a local boy.

I'd say the people were pretty clear. And remember, this was the tool bag that ran for Governor in the late 90's or so with the public funding of campaigns. He knew he couldn't get anyone to support his worthless butt so he had his entire campaign financed by the taxpayers through that stupid ballot question that was in effect at the time. And he got absolutely crushed there too. The tool should get the hint people don't like him.

we could not stand watching his bullshit ir shutoff, he got what he deserved. i'm not sure

where i read or heard this, but he said" i gonna use my office as a bully pulpit"

Couldn't judge that by his commercials :) ????

JimB

i wonder why that is?

That's because most of the unicorn believers live in the large north shore cities

Hopefully the last time we have to see that walking rectal fissure running for anything in this state again.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least, hairless cat-guy will NOT be dictating his brand of hogwash to us. Let's work in Maura and possible convert her to at minimum, a middle of the road 2A'er. Invite her to the range, write her praising letters about fun womYn related range activities.

I would like to believe having his ass whipped big time would make him go away, or at least think, but I have no doubt he will be back in a couple years running for something that will give him the chance to dick with us again. These commies never learn until they are dead.

Make no mistake about it, she is an apprentice of Coakley, Who is an apprentice of Reilly, who was an apprentice of Harshbarger. So what you have is a continuance of their bullshit.

FIFY . . . continued the thread.

There is a pattern here and it is ugly.

You would like to think that someone who has possibly experienced some kind of bias or discrimination in their lifetime wouldn't be quick to do it to others.
Now I'll go take my meds.

Back
Top Bottom