Walsh having police confiscate replica guns

You and I know theses are feel good ideas the Boston city council is passing so they can say they are "doing something" about gun violence. What would be a good idea is having some program where kids could play paint ball and have fun and get in contact with the cops and generate a relationship. My guess is all these minority teens who will have their bb guns taken, etc. will be offended by these confiscations and have an even more bitter relationship with cops.

Some kid gonna be shot when dose cops be takin Dem toy gunz.

You and I know theses are feel good ideas the Boston city council is passing so they can say they are "doing something" about gun violence. What would be a good idea is having some program where kids could play paint ball and have fun and get in contact with the cops and generate a relationship. My guess is all these minority teens who will have their bb guns taken, etc. will be offended by these confiscations and have an even more bitter relationship with cops.
Excellent thinking, stay tuned!

I asked my son if kids were bringing any of these to school and he said "only once." Kid A was selling one to kid B, he kept it in the bottom of his backpack and they exchanged it after school. Swapping, trading or selling is pretty common. Most of the kids in our neighborhood go down to the place in Bourne, or an indoor place in - Easton?

"“Imitation firearm”, any air rifle or hand gun, pellet gun or “B-B” gun or any device or object made of plastic, wood, metal or any other material which substantially duplicates or can reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm, rifle, shotgun, air rifle or hand gun, pellet gun, or “B-B” gun"

So, any BB gun that can be reasonably perceived to be a BB gun is now illegal?

"“Imitation firearm”, any air rifle or hand gun, pellet gun or “B-B” gun or any device or object made of plastic, wood, metal or any other material which substantially duplicates or can reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm, rifle, shotgun, air rifle or hand gun, pellet gun, or “B-B” gun"

Yes.

I called the Mayor's office looking for clarification on what they consider a "replica" to be. According to the spokeswoman, it also extends to making it illegal for those possessing replicas of antique firearms (muskets). Should make it interesting for the Rev & Civil War color guards at the next parade or grave marking ceremony.

I think you are quoting the text I posted from the proposed House bill H3476, which if passed would create a statewide ban on sales of BB & pellet guns and amend the definition of 'imitation firearm'.

I'm not sure what the exact definition is of the new law that applies only to the city of Boston is, a portion of it printed in a local news article reads “any toy, imitation, facsimile or replica pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, B-B gun, pellet gun, machine gun or other similar simulated weapon which because of its color, size, shape or other characteristics, can reasonably be perceived to be a real firearm capable of firing a bullet or other projectile.” is apparently prohibited in public, subject to a fine of $50 and confiscation.

Oh they want to ban the sale of BB/pellet guns in MA?

Do you think NH politicians and businesses send them a Christmas card ever year? The MA gov't does more to drive business and consumers to NH that you would think possible.

Do you think NH politicians and businesses send them a Christmas card ever year? The MA gov't does more to drive business and consumers to NH that you would think possible.

Why do you think NH gets ranked near the top of alcohol consumption per capita every year?

Does anyone else find it odd that Mayor Walsh and Burgermeister Meisterburger have never been seen in the same room together?

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 11.02.40 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 11.02.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 11.02.40 PM.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 27
"The major change from the law in early 2014 is that, to prevent accidental accusations of airsoft being real firearms, all Airsoft guns must be not used or seen in a public area or anywhere outside private property or an offical Airsoft field. This just means that Airsofters need to carry their guns in bags, cases or anything that prevents the gun to be seen publically.The laws of children under the age of 18 owning an Airsoft gun still applies and they must now be supervised by someone over said age if they wish to use an Airsoft gun.The laws regarding FPS and color of the body of the gun remain the same."http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/air_gun-arme_air-eng.htmhttp://ottawaairsoft.com/updated-laws-airsoft-canada-2014-2015/https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles.html
^^^ This is what I heard on the news this morning on WBZ?It would ban the use of replica BB guns in public places.I hate the way Mass words these laws, it reads like shit...

AND...law abiding, freedom loving, working citizens! I LOVE NH! Hope to escape occupied territory soon and move to free America!
ZHA

Are they giving money for these? I have some broken toy guns I could bring in to get some dough for maybe a box of ammo or a new pellet gun.

Yes.

I called the Mayor's office looking for clarification on what they consider a "replica" to be. According to the spokeswoman, it also extends to making it illegal for those possessing replicas of antique firearms (muskets). Should make it interesting for the Rev & Civil War color guards at the next parade or grave marking ceremony.

th

On my way home tonight I was passing through a town and saw a guy walking down the sidewalk carrying a probable toy gun wearing a half-faced mask. No ****s were given.

I need to shop these scripts around

Hey, once Boston PD has confiscated all of the toy guns,
will the handling process have taught the cops to distinguish toys from real guns?
Because then they can just return the toys back to their owners.

The alternative is that the contraband ends up in some room,
a jail for toy guns as it were. Imagine their plight.

Sounds like a good script for "Toy Gun Story".

Regrettably some toy guns will have become orphaned in the meantime -
their owners having grown up and graduated to real guns.

But since there will always be new police recruits who need hands-on training,
the "orphaned" guns could find a new forever home at the police academy.

"Toy Gun Story 2", anyone?

Back
Top Bottom