Walsh having police confiscate replica guns

The glob story is calling it passed legislation .
apparently maharty has his own solons now.

This was passed by the city council a few weeks ago, so it's now a city regulation not a Walsh order.

You should have seen the WCVB (channel 5) story on this last night. The dopey reporter was very serious in his reporting, it was comedy gold since he was talking about toys.

Is there such a thing as a replica knife? How does it differ from a knife that's dull?

I probably shouldn't be giving Boston any more ideas...

yosemite_sam__speed_drawing_by_idroidmonkey-d7n19jd.jpg

Just further proof that this type of crap (gun control and the entire anti-2A movement) is more about indoctrination than safety.

So, I can CC a real gun but not a fake one? And if I'm busted, my parents have to go with me to the PD to get it back?

My parents passed away YEARS ago. I'm screwed.

Concealed you ok. But if you open carry a toy gun or go full crazy and brandish a toy gun, you're so screwed.

The news babe on channel 4 intro'ed the segment "the new push to get replica guns off the streets" [rofl]. The police commish said something like, these are not toys they are a serious problem. The stupidity is very thick.

Do toys guns need to be secured the same as actual guns in your home? Does going to an arcade and playing the zombie game make you a felon?

Like these? I mean, where does this end?
What would you do? The manufacturers pay the gun manufacturers royalties so they can make licensed replicas.

There was a case a week or two ago where a 12yo was found at a playground with a pistol and a can of black spray paint. He'd painted the cap black.

Another instance where police responded to a report of people running, and found a guy in the street, brandishing what appeared to be a gun. He told the responding officers "It's a BB gun" but wouldn't put it down.

Another.

This is a case where a low percentage of gun ownership creates a problem. AirSoft is incredibly popular: 12 of 13 neighborhood boys play. I insist my son put his AirSoft rifle in a soft or hard case before leaving the house. His buddy (whose parents "Don't like guns") walked over with his new M4 Carbine to show him. His parents didn't see a problem, "Because it's not a real gun."

This puts the police in a can't-win situation.

From the Wiki:
Although airsoft guns in the United States are generally sold with a 6mm (0.24in.) or longer orange tip on the barrel in order to distinguish them from real firearms, this is not required by federal law. Manufacturers and importers may cite Part 272 of Title 15 of the Code of Federal Regulations on foreign commerce and trade (15 CFR 272), which stipulates that "no person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm" without approved markings;[37] these may include an orange tip, orange barrel plug, brightly colored exterior of the whole toy, or transparent construction.[38] However these restrictions do not apply to "traditional B-B, paint-ball, or pellet-firing air guns that expel a projectile through the force of compressed air, compressed gas, or mechanical spring action, or any combination thereof." [39] This language exempts airsoft guns from these requirements, placing them in the same category as bb-guns, pellet, air, and paintball, none of which are conventionally sold or used with an orange tip, and many of which bear as much resemblance to real firearms as airsoft guns do.

Only because they insist on being able to shoot anyone with what appears to be something gun-shaped in their hand at the earliest arguable opportunity. There's a reason this was historically never the "crisis" that it supposedly is today.

What would you do? The manufacturers pay the gun manufacturers royalties so they can make licensed replicas.

There was a case a week or two ago where a 12yo was found at a playground with a pistol and a can of black spray paint. He'd painted the cap black.

Another instance where police responded to a report of people running, and found a guy in the street, brandishing what appeared to be a gun. He told the responding officers "It's a BB gun" but wouldn't put it down.

Another.

This is a case where a low percentage of gun ownership creates a problem. AirSoft is incredibly popular: 12 of 13 neighborhood boys play. I insist my son put his AirSoft rifle in a soft or hard case before leaving the house. His buddy (whose parents "Don't like guns") walked over with his new M4 Carbine to show him. His parents didn't see a problem, "Because it's not a real gun."

From the Wiki:

I've been waiting all day for the apologists to show up, thanks for coming through with the Dad's demand action against toy guns argument.
[rofl][rolleyes][rules]

I mean, what would you do if a 12 year old was carrying a fake gun and wouldn't put it down? Shot him of course! DUH (the complete removal of intelligence and common sense from this thread has begun)

I've been waiting all day for the apologists to show up, thanks for coming through with the Dad's demand action against toy guns argument.
[rofl][rolleyes][rules]

I mean, what would you do if a 12 year old was carrying a fake gun and wouldn't put it down? Shot (sic) him of course! DUH (the complete removal of intelligence and common sense from this thread has begun)
This from an internet tough guy who won't even post the town he lives in in his profile. [rofl] [rolleyes]

Come on over to Dorchester and show us how you'd clean up the joint, you know, go find some kids with fake guns and tell them what to do with them.

This from an internet tough guy who won't even post the town he lives in in his profile. [rofl] [rolleyes]

Come on over to Dorchester and show us how you'd clean up the joint, you know, go find some kids with fake guns and tell them what to do with them.

Does he get to shoot them without consequence if they don't obey his commands?

Back
Top Bottom