Wallet holster for mouse gun?

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Many years ago I seem to remember seeing a holster shaped like a wallet for something like a Seecamp. I've got a Beretta 21a and I was wondering where to find one of those holsters for the Beretta.

any thoughts?

Many years ago I seem to remember seeing a holster shaped like a wallet for something like a Seecamp. I've got a Beretta 21a and I was wondering where to find one of those holsters for the Beretta.

any thoughts?

Methinks they may have been outlawed???

Seem to recall that somewhere in the recesses, but not sure....

Do your research carefully before buying one. Certain "wallet" type holsters are considered AOWs by the ATF and are subject to a tax stamp before possession may be taken and the gun inserted.

The types that fully enclose the gun with the ability to fire it from a trigger hole and barrel hole are subject to ATF's NFA regs just like operational briefcases and cane guns, cellphone guns, and any other type of non gun looking device.

A HOLSTER has been outlawed?? What... it's an "assault" holster? [rolleyes] I'd love to see the reasoning if you can remember more about it.

The Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) has decided that the Wallet Holsters which allow the gun to be fired while it is still in the holster, are now considered "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) The description of AOW is a device that is designed to not look like a firearm and yet fires a bullet. So the concept is that because it looks like a wallet and mugger may percieve it as a wallet as you are shooting him, the ATF thinks they should demand a tax on it. The tip up Berettas, the Seecamp, several other pistols, have holsters specifically designed for them.

Now if you obtain one, you have to take it to a Class II manufacturer who fills out the appropriate paperwork and registers the weapon/holster combination as an AOW. The next step is to get the signature of a local law enforcement officer (Chief of Sherriff), then get fingerprinted and send the whole thing off to ATF, along with (2) photographs of yourself, and $ 5.00 to cover the tax that is due.

In a few months, they will send you a tax stamp that says you can own it. Now you go back to the Class II guy and pick it up. If you plan on carrying it on your person, make sure you have a copy of this documentation with you at all times. Each state has specific laws governing the ownership of these devices so you better check first to make sure you can legally own it before you plunk down your hard earned dollars.

The paperwork is larger and harder to conceal than the gun! If you cannot find a Class II manufacturer in your area, the only alternative is to "make your own" AOW. This will cost you a whopping $ 200.00 to obtain the tax stamp. You cannot take possession of the gun and holster combination until you have been approved and have your stamp.

If you really want one of these holsters, do your homework and check it out for yourselves. A Federal Criminal Charge is something most people can do without!!!!!!

Most AOW are also illegal in MA if they don't "look like a gun".

As for real holsters, check out Hedley holsters.

http://hedleyholsters.com

Makes a nice rear pocket holster that prints like a wallet.

Opps, NM, he seems to be taking a break from the biz....

Here is a similar product. Don't know the quality...

http://gunnersecurity.com/holster-leather_wallet.htm

Whatever you get, if it is a rear pocket you want to use, make sure the draw is with the palm IN, not out. If you draw palm out, the barrel and thus the thickest part of the gun is right where you sit. Palm in and the barrel is more to the outside and MUCH more comfortable.

The Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) has decided that the Wallet Holsters which allow the gun to be fired while it is still in the holster, are now considered "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) The description of AOW is a device that is designed to not look like a firearm and yet fires a bullet. (amazing amount of bureaucratic bullsh*t deleted)
It is obviously well past time that the BATFE should be eliminated, as they are obviously more concerned for criminals' welfare than that of the American people.
Yeah, these guys are the first link that pops up on a google search for "wallet holster". I may go that route.

Back
Top Bottom