• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wal mart gave me wrong ammo and now i cant return it

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife doesn't...she keeps accidentally buying friggin' tuna in oil rather than water because she still hasn't learned to read the wrapper on the can, even after 35+ years of marriage.

I'm pretty sure that's grounds for divorce in civilized societies.

pretty sure their policy is no return or exchange on ammo (understandably)...you might find someone here you could swap with...or buy a fotay [wink]

I almost got burned by the same thing at Dicks a few years back...I accidentally grabbed 16 gauge instead of 12 gauge shells (they were right next to each other on the shelf and the same color box). Fortunately I caught it as they were ringing it up. I double check everything I buy now.

My wife doesn't...she keeps accidentally buying friggin' tuna in oil rather than water because she still hasn't learned to read the wrapper on the can, even after 35+ years of marriage.

Christ tuna in OIL is horrible! I buy it by accident too ! dogs love it

Yep... been there... done that.

Even worse mistake Chunk tuna in oil (I believe I read somewhere, that chunk tuna is the scrap they sweep from
underneath the processing machinery of the factory ships).

I learned years ago to double-triple check that shit before I put it in the basket.

My biggest disappointment though due to misreading/not paying attention to product labeling was buying an Entenmanns
Fudge Iced Golden Cake instead of a Chocolate Fudge Cake.

You should have seen my face when i went to take it out of the fridge for a midnight snack.

It went from this... [smile] to this...[thinking] to this...[angry2] and finally, to this... [sad2]

Years later I still curse at the Entenmanns display every time I pass it.

Dont blame Wallyworld on this one, it's completely on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep... been there... done that.

Even worse mistake Chunk tuna in oil (I believe I read somewhere, that chunk tuna is the scrap they sweep from
underneath the processing machinery of the factory ships).

I learned years ago to double-triple check that shit before I put it in the basket.

My biggest disappointment though due to misreading/not paying attention to product labeling was buying an Entenmanns
Fudge Iced Golden Cake instead of a Chocolate Fudge Cake.

You should have seen my face when i went to take it out of the fridge for a midnight snack.

It went from this... [smile] to this...[thinking] to this...[angry2] and finally, to this... [sad2]

Years later I still curse at the Entenmanns display every time I pass it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called Dick's looking for .380 "Yes, we have it"

Get there, they hand my .38 spl.

I had to explain that this was not the same.

I use that story in the Basic Pistol class, were correct ammo selection is discussed. Once, a student said, "But, .38 is mathematically equivalent to .380."

Then, pointed out the engineering difference that the extra "0" makes, and the difference between chambering and caliber. Then I told him that .38 is actually .357"

Fun times.

Check your ammo.

This. I always stand next to the guy and point to what I want. Then I make sure he or she grabs the right box or boxes. I know of no store that will take ammo back. Of course you can always go to a gun store where ammo isnt locked up and pick what you want.

Tried this at Dick's once, when no clerks were around to help. Found a box of what I needed, and was going to bring it up front to pay. The guy comes around the corner when I'm about to grab it, and had a real hissy fit. Haven't been back since.

This ...what is to stop a nefarious individual from loading some .40 ...matching brass and pulling a bullet from similar ammo purchased before, and building a "hot" load ...nothing, good policy. That swap could happen in the parking lot quite easily.

I hope you are kidding here. [rofl]

Where do you live? I'll swap you out 38's for it

Awesome! Good on you!

38 is close to 40, cant blame the employee. Its only 2 numbers away.

I was thinking this. Maybe they "rounded up", thinking they were doing you a favor.

I have picked up a box of 20Ga when I needed 12Ga. I did realize it at the counter.
They should not stock 12ga and 20Ga together.

On a similar note, I bought a Starter from Pep Boys. I opened the box to confirm it was what I
wanted. Then I asked for a second one for the other engine I was building. The guy brings out
another box with the same number on it. I open it to confirm and found a CORE in the box. If
I had taken the box outside without looking in it first, and looked then, who would believe me that
there was only a core inside. Then, think that I was the one who swapped it out. He did ask me if
I wanted to turn it in as my core as they didn't have it in the computer. So I said of course.

I have heard of someone buying a camera at Best Buy. BB puts a box sticker on to seal the box.
The person got home to open the box and found an older camera swapped for the new one.
Best Buy did not believe the purchaser. So he was out the $1.5K cost of the camera.

Malodave

Last edited:
Karma and move on
Life is too short to get worked up over the little things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Happened to me years ago, got .357 sig on accident. Ended up trading it on here for some .357 magnum

I tried to stop a guy ( looked like Fud ) from buying 22-250 ammo at Walmart, he thought I was trying weasel him out of .22 and I kindly said that's 22-250 not .22 long rifle. He called me a liar and said the 250 was the round count and asked me ( rudely ) to mind my own business.

So he buys all those box's maybe 3 or 4, he leaves while I'm ringing up my .223 ammo he comes back in practically cuts in front me and is tear ass that he got the wrong ammo and wanted his money back.

The guy behind the counter said, you should have listened to this guy meaning me and I'm sorry sir there is no refund on ammo. His was pissed and stormed out, I smiled a little and left.

Jason.

Happened to me years ago, got .357 sig on accident. Ended up trading it on here for some .357 magnum

I always think I'm going to do this when I don't have my reading glasses with me. [wink]

So far my arms have been long enough.[smile]

I have picked up a box of 20Ga when I needed 12Ga. I did realize it at the counter.

On a similar note, I bought a Starter from Pep Boys. I opened the box to confirm it was what I
wanted. Then I asked for a second one for the other engine I was building. The guy brings out
another box with the same number on it. I open it to confirm and found a CORE in the box. If
I had taken the box outside without looking in it first, and looked then, who would believe me that
there was only a core inside. Then, think that I was the one who swapped it out. He did ask me if
I wanted to turn it in as my core as they didn't have it in the computer. So I said of course.

I have heard of someone buying a camera at Best Buy. BB puts a box sticker on to seal the box.
The person got home to open the box and found an older camera swapped for the new one.
Best Buy did not believe the purchaser. So he was out the $1.5K cost of the camera.

Malodave

This advice is worth hundreds of dollars. I'm definitely opening boxes before I buy. +1, Malodave.

My brother once went to WalMart to buy some .357 ammo. He came back with .357 SIG. I laughed at him for buying the wrong ammo then told him he can't return it and laughed at him some more.
He tried to get me to buy in, but I don't shoot it either. He ended up selling it to a friend about year later.

I got 2 free 50 round boxes of .357SIG this way. One carry and one practice. Worth about $70 bucks. Guy was so pissed about the no-return policy, that when I told him I could trade some .357 MAG he said "here, just take it"...

Ok [wink]

Last edited:
Dispute the charge on your credit card. You requested Product A, they incorrectly provided Product B, and refused to rectify the situation.

Malodave

I have to wonder how often that happens, and how much of it is by employees and how much of it by customers.

There have been plenty of times I've returned items... upwards of $600.00 and the counter person either never checked what was in
the box, or if all the pieces/components were present.

At most, they'll just give it a quick causal check.

I almost always pay with cash, so even if was caught later on, there wouldn't be a CC transaction to link it to.

how can i look at the box when all the ammo is locked up I asked the clerk to grab 38s. **** this and **** internet battles with trolls.

Dude, nobody is trolling you. This stuff is known to happen with Wal-Mart. Some people learn that for free by being lucky and hearing about it happening to someone else, some people aren't lucky and it costs them $20 to learn it. You had the bad luck. All the other suggestions I've seen here were an earnest attempt to help.

Dicks is not a gun store.

Tried this at Dick's once, when no clerks were around to help. Found a box of what I needed, and was going to bring it up front to pay. The guy comes around the corner when I'm about to grab it, and had a real hissy fit. Haven't been back since.

Maybe she just really wants the tuna in oil and you don't so she acts like it's a mistake.[smile]

pretty sure their policy is no return or exchange on ammo (understandably)...you might find someone here you could swap with...or buy a fotay [wink]

I almost got burned by the same thing at Dicks a few years back...I accidentally grabbed 16 gauge instead of 12 gauge shells (they were right next to each other on the shelf and the same color box). Fortunately I caught it as they were ringing it up. I double check everything I buy now.

Called Dick's looking for .380 "Yes, we have it"
Get there, they hand my .38 spl.
I had to explain that this was not the same.

Another fun one: in bicycle tires, 26x1¾ is not the same as 26x1.75. The compound-fraction variant is used on old Schwinn cruisers and the decimal variant is a standard size found on modern mountain bikes. They are not compatible.

So i just went to wal mart to pick up a box of 38 cal hand gun rounds.
There is never anyone in the sporting goods section but finally along comes johnny come lately the clerk.
They have all the ammo locked up so i can not just grab what I want.
I tell this wet behind the ears wal mart lackey to kindly retrieve some 38s for me and he grabs a box rushes over to the register and after I pay he splits.
As i am walking to my car i look in the bag and realize this meat head just gave me 40 cal ammo.
I walk back in and go to customer service and they claim they can not take it back, exchange, or refund me.
Anyone have this problem and were you able to remedy this in any way?

how can i look at the box when all the ammo is locked up I asked the clerk to grab 38s. **** this and **** internet battles with trolls.

You thought that was trolling? [rofl]

Dave6 wants to call the good members here "trolls" for this discussion? Wow. He isn't responsible enough to buy the correct ammo, and then blames someone else for his mistake. Then he posts his version of the story publicly on a forum with other free-willed people to reply to said story, and whatya know.. he doesn't like the replies or feedback he gets because it isn't siding with him, so he gets mad about it.

Dave6, how old are you? Don't blame others for your mistake. In the future, physically look at what you are buying first. Like others have pointed out, did this slick walmart employee make you turn around, put on a blind fold, hide the box from you, and put it in a sealed solid bag, only to be opened by you once you left the store? It's not always someone else's fault like the Libs want you to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom