Wal mart gave me wrong ammo and now i cant return it

Status
Not open for further replies.
First - I feel for the OP because many times the WalMart employees are so controlling over "exposing" the ammo from cabinet to counter that it's hard to even see what they're holding sometimes. My check is to look at the cabinet and make sure the boxes I was looking at are gone.

Second - the only real answer here is to go by a Fotay

Third - Most vets will say that tuna in small quantities is safe for pets, but overall they have too much sodium, mercury and other stuff that's not always good for cats/dogs.

I would do that with something like the Best Buy story (where you bought a boxed item only to find it was filled with a brick), but not because I didn't pay attention to what I was buying. Seems too much like abusing the system to me.

I would agree if I had the opportunity to handle the item being purchased BEFORE paying for it. 99% of the walmarts I've been to, remove the product from the cabinet, carry it to the register, ring it in, and receive payment before allowing you to touch the product.

How can you dispute it, you got what you paid for. Its the OP's fault for not paying attention. Everyone knows you cant return ammo.

Got what you paid for is not the same as paying for what you requested.

I do have great news for the OP.

You will only make this mistake ONCE...

Walmart, Dunkin Donuts and all take out restaurants, check the merchandise before you leave. Relying on a minimum wage employee to do things right and you will be unhappy, buyer beware.

And avoid the drive thru if possible (NSFW Language)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to figure out how this happened. Every Wally World I have been in has the ammo in a glass cabinet. You ask the clerk for the ammo you want, usually by pointing it out, then watch him/her grab it and carry it to the register. Then double check that it's correct before they ring it in. How did you end up with the wrong stuff?

how can i look at the box when all the ammo is locked up I asked the clerk to grab 38s. **** this and **** internet battles with trolls.

You're having battles with trolls?
You sound troubled.
We're here if you want to talk about it.

how can i look at the box when all the ammo is locked up I asked the clerk to grab 38s. **** this and **** internet battles with trolls.
They put it on the counter.....Look at it again... You mad bro....[smile]

I was in a gun shop when a customer asked for .38 ammo. The owner said .38 special or .38 Smith & Wesson? The guy says it's for a Smith & Wesson.[rolleyes]

I'm pretty sure he bought the wrong ammo also.

If your in Western Mass. I'll give you ten bucks for it.

I don't know. That's a tough one for sure.

I wonder if there's some kind of way to wait until the clerk pulls the ammo and puts it on the counter before you send dollars at him.

- - - Updated - - -

Walmart, Dunkin Donuts and all take out restaurants, check the merchandise before you leave. Relying on a minimum wage employee to do things right and you will be unhappy, buyer beware.

BUT, if we paid them $15 and hour, they'd be able to provide awesome service right?

Don't bother....he's been in his special place since he last posted

I'd cut the guy a break. He's fairly new here, wasn't aware big box stores are prone to doing this if you don't double check them, and was pissed Wal Mart wouldn't make it right. It sucks when you're the one that pays for a lesson like that rather than learning from someone else's mistake - and sometimes things don't read the way they're meant to on the internet, so not being a regular here he misinterpreted it.

Hopefully the guy sticks around. He'll pick up a few more pointers here that will save him from similar mistakes, and countless other new NES'ers will learn from this thread - so he'll actually be doing others a service.

The employee failed to grab the correct ammo, costumer failed to insure it was the correct ammo before purchasing. You're out $20, but learned a lesson. Give or sell the ammo to someone with a fortay and move on. No need to stress over $20.

Have you tried putting it in the freezer? I heard that this makes the bullets shrink enough to become 38.
PS. You have to shoot them quick before they warm up and become 40s again.

Isn't that the first rule of ammunition compatibility? If it will chamber, you are good to go?[rofl]

Now this is thinking ahead.

Save it! - You never know when you may do a Battlefield pickup of a .40 during STHF

This! Put a sticker on the box that says something like " Open in case of SHTF and finding a .40" When you get as old as me you can find ammo in your ammo locker and have to ask WTF did I buy that for?

Steve

I don't want food, medicine or ammo that left the store premises put back out for sale

Hey, if it is unopened, and a minute out the door, who cares?

How can you dispute it, you got what you paid for. Its the OP's fault for not paying attention. Everyone knows you cant return ammo.

I actually did not know this until this thread. Of course, who returns ammo?

To be sure I actually fire a couple of rounds in the store just to make sure it's the right caliber.

"Desk pop?"

So i just went to wal mart to pick up a box of 38 cal hand gun rounds.
There is never anyone in the sporting goods section but finally along comes johnny come lately the clerk.
They have all the ammo locked up so i can not just grab what I want.
I tell this wet behind the ears wal mart lackey to kindly retrieve some 38s for me and he grabs a box rushes over to the register and after I pay he splits.
As i am walking to my car i look in the bag and realize this meat head just gave me 40 cal ammo.
I walk back in and go to customer service and they claim they can not take it back, exchange, or refund me.
Anyone have this problem and were you able to remedy this in any way?

Sporting goods department manager for walmart here. You are shit out of luck. They absolutely will not take back ammo. Anyone who does will be fired immediately. That includes store managers. Their no return policy is posted in at least 4 places on or around the ammo case. You should have looked before you paid. Especially considering your obvious opinion of their employees. Personal responsibility. It's a bitch isn't it?

Oh, just out of curiosity. You had no interest in seeing the ammo or knowing anything about it? FMJ, JHP, lead round nose, grain weight, brass or steel case, +P or not. None of that info was of any significance to you? Just get me "some 38s"...

I'm just realizing how lucky I am with the two gun counters in raynham/Taunton. Both seem to have a few people around who know a "little" about guns. Though I am still not sure how many bear hunters there are in se mass that he can say "everyone is see buying 45 colt is using it to hunt bear"

Am I wrong in thinking that boxes for .38spl and boxes for .40S&W are usually very different, dimensionally speaking? I mean if I had one box of each in my hands, I feel like I could probably tell which was which with my eyes closed.

Am I wrong in thinking that boxes for .38spl and boxes for .40S&W are usually very different, dimensionally speaking? I mean if I had one box of each in my hands, I feel like I could probably tell which was which with my eyes closed.

Totally correct. Short semi-auto rounds are roughly in a box 1 inch high +/- ....... While long revolver cartridges are double that in height +/-, very good point.

Sporting goods department manager for walmart here. You are shit out of luck. They absolutely will not take back ammo. Anyone who does will be fired immediately. That includes store managers. Their no return policy is posted in at least 4 places on or around the ammo case. You should have looked before you paid. Especially considering your obvious opinion of their employees. Personal responsibility. It's a bitch isn't it?

Oh, just out of curiosity. You had no interest in seeing the ammo or knowing anything about it? FMJ, JHP, lead round nose, grain weight, brass or steel case, +P or not. None of that info was of any significance to you? Just get me "some 38s"...

My what an over achiever we have here. I love how you proudly boast of your prestigious position. I am in awe.

I'm suing your for stealing my avatar! [smile]

The employee failed to grab the correct ammo, costumer failed to insure it was the correct ammo before purchasing. You're out $20, but learned a lesson. Give or sell the ammo to someone with a fortay and move on. No need to stress over $20.

Ruger has the SP101 in .327 Magnum.

I was at Cabelas Maine during the great ammo shortage and saw stacks of .357. Loaded up cart with various defense loads working my way down the shelf. Well when i got home and started stashing big score something caught my eye, putting glasses on realized that bulk of ammo was .327.
So i figured good excuse to buy a new gun. Then found out Ruger, Taurus, S&W all discontinued them. WTF?? My bad...Still have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom