Wal mart gave me wrong ammo and now i cant return it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave6

Banned
So i just went to wal mart to pick up a box of 38 cal hand gun rounds.
There is never anyone in the sporting goods section but finally along comes johnny come lately the clerk.
They have all the ammo locked up so i can not just grab what I want.
I tell this wet behind the ears wal mart lackey to kindly retrieve some 38s for me and he grabs a box rushes over to the register and after I pay he splits.
As i am walking to my car i look in the bag and realize this meat head just gave me 40 cal ammo.
I walk back in and go to customer service and they claim they can not take it back, exchange, or refund me.
Anyone have this problem and were you able to remedy this in any way?

pretty sure their policy is no return or exchange on ammo (understandably)...you might find someone here you could swap with...or buy a fotay [wink]

I almost got burned by the same thing at Dicks a few years back...I accidentally grabbed 16 gauge instead of 12 gauge shells (they were right next to each other on the shelf and the same color box). Fortunately I caught it as they were ringing it up. I double check everything I buy now.

My wife doesn't...she keeps accidentally buying friggin' tuna in oil rather than water because she still hasn't learned to read the wrapper on the can, even after 35+ years of marriage.

Last edited:
honestly, no. i look before i buy. if i didn't that would make me wet behind the ears too. [wink]

So i just went to wal mart to pick up a box of 38 cal hand gun rounds.
There is never anyone in the sporting goods section but finally along comes johnny come lately the clerk.
They have all the ammo locked up so i can not just grab what I want.
I tell this wet behind the ears wal mart lackey to kindly retrieve some 38s for me and he grabs a box rushes over to the register and after I pay he splits.
As i am walking to my car i look in the bag and realize this meat head just gave me 40 cal ammo.
I walk back in and go to customer service and they claim they can not take it back, exchange, or refund me.
Anyone have this problem and were you able to remedy this in any way?

Sorry, I really believe this one is on you. To not even look at the box of ammo before paying for it I find unimaginable if it were me. (nothing personal dude)

Last edited:
Watch Wallyworld employees at every step. You can tell them that you want size 12 shoes and they will come back with a hammer. But you know that now. I say your choices are as follows:

1. Make a stink at wallyworld until they give you some satisfaction. But this could take many years and many lives will be lost in thd process.
2. Give the .40 to me (This is a good option)
3. Either Karma or sell it on NES.
4. Go with it as part of th devine plan of the powers that be and buy a Glock 23 ( It is not yours to ask why).
5. Save it for a trade somewhere down the line.

IDK....if you caught this while you were still in the parking lot your sales receipt is time stamped and a manger could see that it was only purchased minutes ago. They should have exchanged it.

This. I always stand next to the guy and point to what I want. Then I make sure he or she grabs the right box or boxes. I know of no store that will take ammo back. Of course you can always go to a gun store where ammo isnt locked up and pick what you want.

honestly, no. i look before i buy. if i didn't that would make me wet behind the ears too. [wink]

pretty sure their policy is no return or exchange on ammo (understandably)...<SNIP>.

This ...what is to stop a nefarious individual from loading some .40 ...matching brass and pulling a bullet from similar ammo purchased before, and building a "hot" load ...nothing, good policy. That swap could happen in the parking lot quite easily.

pretty sure their policy is no return or exchange on ammo (understandably)...you might find someone here you could swap with...or buy a fotay [wink]

I almost got burned by the same thing at Dicks a few years back...I accidentally grabbed 16 gauge instead of 12 gauge shells (they were right next to each other on the shelf and the same color box). Fortunately I caught it as they were ringing it up. I double check everything I buy now.

My wife doesn't...she keeps accidentally buying friggin' tuna in oil rather than water because she still hasn't learned to read the wrapper on the can, even after 35+ years of marriage.
Christ tuna in OIL is horrible! I buy it by accident too ! dogs love it

My brother once went to WalMart to buy some .357 ammo. He came back with .357 SIG. I laughed at him for buying the wrong ammo then told him he can't return it and laughed at him some more.
He tried to get me to buy in, but I don't shoot it either. He ended up selling it to a friend about year later.

how can i look at the box when all the ammo is locked up I asked the clerk to grab 38s. **** this and **** internet battles with trolls.

how can i look at the box when all the ammo is locked up I asked the clerk to grab 38s. **** this and **** internet battles with trolls.

It's not trolling. This one is on you for not paying attention.

I wouldn't buy ammo from anyone who accepted returns on it. There is a huge potential for problems in accepting returns on ammo...which is why no one does.

Usually when I buy at Walmart, they walk to the case and stand there and wait for me to point at what I want. Even when I specifically ask for something.

I'll trade two boxes of .40'for a box of 38. Let me know how many you have and location.

Yeah, not really fair calling "trolls". I''ve read no post where someone is calling you stupid or even foolish. They state what they do and why they do it, with others admitting that they have been burned in the same way. And as was mentioned, not only do I think that the policy is just, likewise I wouldn't do business with anyone who accepts returned ammo if it's "left the building" so-to-speak. Not only that, I'll bet their insurance liability coverage demands it.

Yes, many WalMartians at the "sporting goods" counter are not familiar with ammo, so you really have to keep an eye on them.

Again, I really don't think anyone here has purposely attacked you, so come on, take a deep breath and don't let it eat you up. I think if anyone were really "calling you out", you'd know it.

Enjoy your day.

Sorry man...you asked!
As an ammunition consumer, if you want to put your trust in the little snot rag behind the counter at Wally World, you're setting the bar and accepting the risk

Last edited:

Take it easy, I think most folks are saying that if you did not pick it up from the shelf you don't step away from the counter until you look in the bag. I ask to see everything pulled from a cage. Rarely have problems likely because I watch them and check for the brand, size, weight and count I asked for with specificity. Saying Federal, 9mm, 124gn, box of 50 makes them look more carefully.

anytime I have been to a chain store I have to literally point at what I want and they still try and grab the wrong ammo. I dont shop at walmart plus there ammo is shit variety and more than most quality shops or online.

Too funny..same here today in Raynham, WMart. Asked for 00, 12g, and got handed slugs and didn't catch it. My fault for not verifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom