Wal mart gave me wrong ammo and now i cant return it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dispute the charge on your credit card. You requested Product A, they incorrectly provided Product B, and refused to rectify the situation.

I would do that with something like the Best Buy story (where you bought a boxed item only to find it was filled with a brick), but not because I didn't pay attention to what I was buying. Seems too much like abusing the system to me.

Another fun one: in bicycle tires, 26x1¾ is not the same as 26x1.75. The compound-fraction variant is used on old Schwinn cruisers and the decimal variant is a standard size found on modern mountain bikes. They are not compatible.

Rep points for using MS character map (or alt codes), for the ¾. [banana][banana][banana]

Last edited:
Good lord, this thread...

I only buy one caliber at WalMart (stupid low price), and when I do I call the guy over to the case, point and state clearly what I want, then WATCH CAREFULLY AS HIS HAND GOES UP TO GRAB THE CORRECT AMMO. After that, I find the transaction usually goes pretty smoothly.

It helps that the guy at my WalMart seems to realize he's dumb about ammo, and asks several times for clarification if he's not sure what I mean. Beware of WalMart employees who appear confident.

The guy I usually buy from at Walmart has a ritual where he tells you the caliber of ammo you are buying, tells you that ammo sales are final, and asks you if you are absolutely sure that you want to buy that particular box of ammo.

Most others don't do this, but with so many different calibers, brands, round counts, and flavors of the same caliber, I don't ever rely on the backup guy from auto parts to know one box of ammo from another.

Rep points for using MS character map (or alt codes), for the ¾. [banana][banana][banana]

Thank you. I have right-alt mapped to "Compose" on my Linux box and it's Compose-3-4. Allows me to make umlauted and accented characters, too, for some of the European languages I have occasion to type in now and again.

The "Compose" key is perhaps one of the few things I miss from the old Sun Type 5 keyboard.

Thank you. I have right-alt mapped to "Compose" on my Linux box and it's Compose-3-4. Allows me to make umlauted and accented characters, too, for some of the European languages I have occasion to type in now and again.

The "Compose" key is perhaps one of the few things I miss from the old Sun Type 5 keyboard.

Lol, wut?

why would you trust anybody, look in the bag. I don't trust anyone, so even after I make sure the box is the right one at the register I go home and check what's inside the box.

The guy I usually buy from at Walmart has a ritual where he tells you the caliber of ammo you are buying, tells you that ammo sales are final, and asks you if you are absolutely sure that you want to buy that particular box of ammo.

Most others don't do this, but with so many different calibers, brands, round counts, and flavors of the same caliber, I don't ever rely on the backup guy from auto parts to know one box of ammo from another.

Well, yeah. Exactly.

It's a HUGE retail store with many departments. There's nobody there dedicated to ammo. I've had people from the electronics department unlock the ammo case to get ammo for me. I just tell them what I want, watch them get it, and make sure I'm getting what I want. I don't expect someone who works in electronics, or auto parts to know about ammo. If I want to talk to someone who knows about guns and ammo, I go to a GUN store, not a Wally World.

As for the DICKS store in my area; I'm fortunate, the guys there ARE gun enthusiasts.

why would you trust anybody, look in the bag. I don't trust anyone, so even after I make sure the box is the right one at the register I go home and check what's inside the box.

Yeah I always check, the person at Walmart has told me to confirm before due to the no returns. Also I have heard if a rollback on ammo expires and they don't change the sign they won't honor the sign price as they are helpless to change pricing on ammo. Not sure if that is true or if it's just a made-up walmartism but definitely check unit prices as they check it out too cause once you get charged there is no going back with them.

Even if you can't return/exchange the ammo, you should call corporate HQ and let them know the employee's error. Maybe he'll get some training...[rofl]

Confirm you have the right item before completing transaction. No sympathy here, sorry.

Thread should be titled "I didn't pay attention, but in going to blame someone else for my mistake"

I'm glad you didn't get to point where you would need a hammer to load your gun. This is the same like shopping for someone with food allergies, you check and double check before ringing out. The major point here is that you were dealing with likely a non gun person.

IDK....if you caught this while you were still in the parking lot your sales receipt is time stamped and a manger could see that it was only purchased minutes ago. They should have exchanged it.
I don't want food, medicine or ammo that left the store premises put back out for sale

pretty sure their policy is no return or exchange on ammo (understandably)...you might find someone here you could swap with...or buy a fotay [wink]

I almost got burned by the same thing at Dicks a few years back...I accidentally grabbed 16 gauge instead of 12 gauge shells (they were right next to each other on the shelf and the same color box). Fortunately I caught it as they were ringing it up. I double check everything I buy now.

My wife doesn't...she keeps accidentally buying friggin' tuna in oil rather than water because she still hasn't learned to read the wrapper on the can, even after 35+ years of marriage.
when the shtf and you need the oil for your gun, you will thank your wife.

I have picked up a box of 20Ga when I needed 12Ga. I did realize it at the counter.
They should not stock 12ga and 20Ga together.

On a similar note, I bought a Starter from Pep Boys. I opened the box to confirm it was what I
wanted. Then I asked for a second one for the other engine I was building. The guy brings out
another box with the same number on it. I open it to confirm and found a CORE in the box. If
I had taken the box outside without looking in it first, and looked then, who would believe me that
there was only a core inside. Then, think that I was the one who swapped it out. He did ask me if
I wanted to turn it in as my core as they didn't have it in the computer. So I said of course.

I have heard of someone buying a camera at Best Buy. BB puts a box sticker on to seal the box.
The person got home to open the box and found an older camera swapped for the new one.
Best Buy did not believe the purchaser. So he was out the $1.5K cost of the camera.

Malodave
if I am buying anything over 50.00 I open and verify. 1.5k cameras would be fondled first and then taken out of store

38 is close to 40, cant blame the employee. Its only 2 numbers away.

Have you tried putting it in the freezer? I heard that this makes the bullets shrink enough to become 38.
PS. You have to shoot them quick before they warm up and become 40s again.

this guy realizes that he deals with all types of people, Walmart types included.

Walmart, Dunkin Donuts and all take out restaurants, check the merchandise before you leave. Relying on a minimum wage employee to do things right and you will be unhappy, buyer beware.

I was at Cabelas Maine during the great ammo shortage and saw stacks of .357. Loaded up cart with various defense loads working my way down the shelf. Well when i got home and started stashing big score something caught my eye, putting glasses on realized that bulk of ammo was .327.
So i figured good excuse to buy a new gun. Then found out Ruger, Taurus, S&W all discontinued them. WTF?? My bad...Still have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom