• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting for the fallout.

Everyone at work was talking about this yesterday.

http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_18650422

From what I've heard, an employee of the Brattleboro Food Co-op got a bad review or possibility lost their job due to bad performance and said employee came in yesterday and shot and killed his boss. Again, rumor has it, the gunman walked in, shot the manager in the head, walked out and sat in his car waiting for the police to arrive. When they did, he surrendered without incident. This is a horrible incident and apparently the second shooting in as many weeks.

I've worked in Brattleboro for the last 20 years or so. Brattleboro is a very liberal town and I can already see the fallout coming from this. The initial knee jerk reaction is going to be an anti-gun movement.... I'm sure the moonbats are already swarming and will try to make you believe that a no guns sign in the window would have avoided this. Personally, I feel horrible for the families of the people involved in both cases... I'm just waiting for the fools march. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

..... And here we go......

http://www.ibrattleboro.com/article.php/20110809105159971#comments

"Another argument for hand-gun control and elimination. Handguns exist only to kill fellow humans at moments of impulse without warning one's victim of the presence of the firearm. Handguns are a sickness upon our nation."

Let's disarm the police too.... filthy guns.....

It works really well in Europe [rolleyes]. So much control, there's never a possibility of a riot, or anything.......

Ya know... If it wasn't for that pesky Bill of Rights thing....

"without warning one's victim of the presence of the firearm"

Hmmm, sounds like this person supports the Open Carry movement....

..... And here we go......

http://www.ibrattleboro.com/article.php/20110809105159971#comments

"Another argument for hand-gun control and elimination. Handguns exist only to kill fellow humans at moments of impulse without warning one's victim of the presence of the firearm. Handguns are a sickness upon our nation."

Yeah, because no one could possibly kill another person with, say, a knife. It's only ebil, icky guns that can "kill fellow humans at moments of impulse"... whatever that means.

Yeah, because no one could possibly kill another person with, say, a knife. It's only ebil, icky guns that can "kill fellow humans at moments of impulse"... whatever that means.
And I could not grab the letter opener, scissors or any of the pens and pencils on the desk to stab him with either.

Most people that live in Vermont loathe the folks that live South of at least Springfield VT. It's MASS runoff...

I've mentioned before that I work in Brattleboro. The company I work for is one of that stores suppliers. I had one of our trucks come back and tell me that he had a returned store load on the trailer. I asked if it was refused and he told me no. That's an unusual reply, so I asked why it was coming back. He told me it was going to the Food Co-op, and Dispatch called and told him to turn around about the same time he was arriving. He told me it looked like they were "doing work or something", as the area was taped off and there was a cop directing traffic. No explanation was given to him by dispatch other than "they closed for the day". I didn't find out until the next day when I picked up the paper what actually happened.

ETA: Every time I drive through down town heading to Hisnsdale, the only thought on my mind is "F'ing hippies" Its like Northampton Ma, without as much to do...

Last edited:
ibrattleboro.com said:
The only good reply to that sound bite is an even older sound bite:

"Would it make you feel any better ... if they was pushed outta windows?"

Too bad there's no way to encourage people who are about to snap and kill their boss to bludgeon the victim with a tofurkey.

Too bad there's no way to encourage people who are about to snap and kill their boss to bludgeon the victim with a tofurkey.

What an ignominious way to go... bludgeoned to death with a tofurkey.
schrik.gif

Back
Top Bottom