• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USNS Comfort was never needed.....leaves nyc

Medically and logistically, other than sending it to Miami, NYC was the choice, although New Orleans would rate that type of response.

There is no disputing NYC/NJ/CT got hit pretty hard.

The ship was not doing anyone any good sitting in Norfolk.

So Trump sends it to NYC, and Cuomo and DeBlasio have nothing to complain about, except their own unpreparedness.

Anyone know the status of the ship in California?

No kidding. Although tragic this virus has killed .0001 percent of the total US population.

OPEN UP NOW
50,000 die due to Coronavirus in 3-4 months. 50,000-60,000 per month in abortions in the U.S. , so the number of deaths as a country is small in comparison to anything else.

50,000 die due to Coronavirus in 3-4 months. 50,000-60,000 per month in abortions in the U.S. , so the number of deaths as a country is small in comparison to anything else.
I certainly don't want to get into that whole topic. BUT aren't most abortions planned medical procedures? What is the time spent in hospital? Recovery?

Governor Cuomo said NY needed 58% of all the ventilators in the United States!

And NY’ers wonder why every hates them.....

But you can spin that data in a couple different ways.
right. i looked up the data for deaths in nyc and state. the numbers were from 2017 and surprised the shit out of me cause they were so high compared to boston/massaachusetts in the same period. so in new york now, everyone who died, had the virus according to cuomo. no mention of natural causes, violent crime, drug od etc. its like everything else went away.

right. i looked up the data for deaths in nyc and state. the numbers were from 2017 and surprised the shit out of me cause they were so high compared to boston/massaachusetts in the same period. so in new york now, everyone who died, had the virus according to cuomo. no mention of natural causes, violent crime, drug od etc. its like everything else went away.
Exactly.
Everyone is screaming about the covid deaths like there are no other causes. All deaths are now "covid related". And they use qualifiers in their diagnosis like "presented" as covid, or even "diagnosed" as covid. I want them "tested". Given the huge persentage of those tested, that "presented" as covid, that end up negative, there is now way I'm going to just trust them that no one is incorrectly attributing deaths to covid.

I want deaths per day in the US for April 2020 compared to deaths per a day in the US for April 2019 and 2018. That will tell the story.

Given NYC has had a dumpster fire of this shit (and nobody knew how bad it was going to be) the ship not being needed was probably one of the least worst "mistakes" made during this BS.

-Mike

Given NYC has had a dumpster fire of this shit (and nobody knew how bad it was going to be) the ship not being needed was probably one of the least worst "mistakes" made during this BS.

-Mike
I never really said the ship being there and not needed was a mistake. I'm more pissed off that there is hardly any mention of the good news that the vessels services were not needed. Again......broadcasting this good news would be counter productive to the media's sensationalism and political goals of using the pandemic.

100% of people die.

Your stat is irrelevant without context. What's the timespan from ventilator to death. And how does that compare to the percentage of those placed on respirators previous years?

It’s a JAMA article, end points are death or discharge. Over roughly a month (5k patients).

That investigation will happen right after Hillary is imprisoned for life due to her treasonous leaks of classified data. Trump has been a major disappointment in this area.
I agree but he felt it would destroy the country. After his re-election it's REALLY time to drain the swamp.

Keeping everything closed and ruining the economy, causing business owners to lose everything they have. That's almost as bad as killing people! And some of those people will probably end up committing suicide during the next year. Governor and Attorney General, thank you for "helping" us.
a repressive liberals wet dream. They're best chance to GET Trump after all their bogus investigations turned up nothing.

That investigation will happen right after Hillary is imprisoned for life due to her treasonous leaks of classified data. Trump has been a major disappointment in this area.
I just love posts like this, have you been paying attention?

From the day he was elected, Impeach foty 5
2+ years of mule ear investigation with a recused AG. NO COLLUSION
Stormy Daniels (she actually owes The President Money).
The Kavanaugh hearings! We almost didn't get a Supreme court Justice seated over LIES!
2+ years of Adam Schitt I have seen the evidence, NO evidence. (refuses to turn over documents)
Cohen "I have tapes" in jail (instead of the President) released due to Covid
Avanatti I will bring down the President and be elected as President (also convicted and sent to jail)
Impeachment, Failed! (they have tried at least 3 times IIRC)
Still can't get some of his appointments through.

And with all of this going on and you think he can just walk up and place hand cuffs on her? And then find a jury without at least one rabid liberal who would vote to acquit?

Comey, McCabe, Strozk, Page, Rosenstein and a bunch of others gone.

I'll patiently await for the indictments coming from the Durham investigation. He is the one bright spot in all of this. He prosecuted Agent Connelly for his actions handling Whitey Bulger. He is still in prison!

100% of people die.

Your stat is irrelevant without context. What's the timespan from ventilator to death. And how does that compare to the percentage of those placed on respirators previous years?
It’s a JAMA article, end points are death or discharge. Over roughly a month (5k patients).
Well you're half way to having any meaning at all. You've established time frame. Now take that and apply it to 2019 and 2018. If the percentages of death after ventilator use is significantly different then, and only then, will it have any meaning. For now it's still a big nothing.
And if you do dig this up, be sure to provide cites.

I agree but he felt it would destroy the country. After his re-election it's REALLY time to drain the swamp.

I don't know what he felt. He's been talking about draining the swamp all along. I don't share your optimism.

I just love posts like this, have you been paying attention?

From the day he was elected, Impeach foty 5
2+ years of mule ear investigation with a recused AG. NO COLLUSION
Stormy Daniels (she actually owes The President Money).
The Kavanaugh hearings! We almost didn't get a Supreme court Justice seated over LIES!
2+ years of Adam Schitt I have seen the evidence, NO evidence. (refuses to turn over documents)
Cohen "I have tapes" in jail (instead of the President) released due to Covid
Avanatti I will bring down the President and be elected as President (also convicted and sent to jail)
Impeachment, Failed! (they have tried at least 3 times IIRC)
Still can't get some of his appointments through.

And with all of this going on and you think he can just walk up and place hand cuffs on her? And then find a jury without at least one rabid liberal who would vote to acquit?

Comey, McCabe, Strozk, Page, Rosenstein and a bunch of others gone.

I'll patiently await for the indictments coming from the Durham investigation. He is the one bright spot in all of this. He prosecuted Agent Connelly for his actions handling Whitey Bulger. He is still in prison!

His track record on appointments, particularly judicial, is good overall. Sessions was never going to go after Hillary - Trump appointing him was really an indication that the swamp was safe for mosquitos and alligators. As for the rest of it, yup the left has set a new standard for rabid partisanship in this country. Tweeting about it doesn't count as the counter punches Trump is overdue to start delivering.

100% of people die.

There are still 44 people listed from the cruise ship that are probably still on vents. At this point, what are the odds of any meaningful recovery?

-Mike

No kidding. The ship costs money to maintain no matter where it sits. The worst thing that happened is it is now crawling with Kung Flu. I can only imagine the only way to really deal with it is to seal it up and let it sit for a couple of months and just let the virus die.

Well you're half way to having any meaning at all. You've established time frame. Now take that and apply it to 2019 and 2018. If the percentages of death after ventilator use is significantly different then, and only then, will it have any meaning. For now it's still a big nothing.
And if you do dig this up, be sure to provide cites.

I don’t understand what you are asking. It’s a new disease. What would like to compare it to? The fact that almost everyone that went on a vent died end up dying is of note for sure. It’s surprising (and saddening).

I never really said the ship being there and not needed was a mistake. I'm more pissed off that there is hardly any mention of the good news that the vessels services were not needed. Again......broadcasting this good news would be counter productive to the media's sensationalism and political goals of using the pandemic.
True... msm refuses to allow the viewpoint of "this sucks, but not nearly as bad as everyone said it was going to be."

There are still 44 people listed from the cruise ship that are probably still on vents. At this point, what are the odds of any meaningful recovery?
Slim to none.

I remain convinced enough vents are a BAD IDEA for this - despite the trained bears and their "Respiratory Distress! Vents!!1!" - I've added NO VENTS to my ADs.

Slim to none.

I remain convinced enough vents are a BAD IDEA for this - despite the trained bears and their "Respiratory Distress! Vents!!1!" - I've added NO VENTS to my ADs.

From what I've seen the science backs you up. Oxygen therapy good, ventilators fatally bad overall.

I don't take such matters lightly, but kept reading the papers, yet seeing the trained bears continuing to put people on vents.

Aside from the place I work, I have friends all over the city, you can be sure we are changing our practice as the data emerges. We are trying not to put people on vents now until there is no other choice. No one is doing “early intuabtion” anymore because 1.) we aren’t stupid and can read to 2.) we actually care

But....at some point it’s that or die. Feel to swing by if you think we are missing something, wearing a 5 day old N95 for 12hrs is pretty sweet

I don’t understand what you are asking. It’s a new disease. What would like to compare it to? The fact that almost everyone that went on a vent died end up dying is of note for sure. It’s surprising (and saddening).
I've been through this, but one more time.
To know what impact covid19 truly had we can not just take the number of deaths attributed to it., There are too many variables which include the cause being attributed to covid 19 when it wasn't the true cause, and people who would have died during the given time span anyway.
So we need a baseline of total deaths during the time span being analyzed. In this case I'm asking for total deaths during the equivalent time in previous years (when there was no covid19).
We take that number and compare it to the total deaths during the time span where covid19 is a factor.
This eliminates mistakes and individual bias. Looking at large groups smooths out other factors that would otherwise skew the results.

This same approach can be used to determine what impact covid 19 had on the survivability of patents treated with ventilators. What was the percentage death of ventilator users when covid19 wasn't a factor, compared to when it was. If, for example (not real stats) 90% of those placed on ventilators died in April 2019, then covid19 could be seen as actually reducing the risk of death. But we don't have this information so we can't draw a conclusion either way.

everything else is BS

But throwing out meaningless stats and saying see how bad it is, is a great way to manipulate the uninformed masses. Just look at how they screamed about the upcoming ventilator shortage..... that NEVER happened. Now they are all quiet about it.

I've been through this, but one more time.
To know what impact covid19 truly had we can not just take the number of deaths attributed to it., There are too many variables which include the cause being attributed to covid 19 when it wasn't the true cause, and people who would have died during the given time span anyway.
So we need a baseline of total deaths during the time span being analyzed. In this case I'm asking for total deaths during the equivalent time in previous years (when there was no covid19).
We take that number and compare it to the total deaths during the time span where covid19 is a factor.
This eliminates mistakes and individual bias. Looking at large groups smooths out other factors that would otherwise skew the results.

This same approach can be used to determine what impact covid 19 had on the survivability of patents treated with ventilators. What was the percentage death of ventilator users when covid19 wasn't a factor, compared to when it was. If, for example (not real stats) 90% of those placed on ventilators died in April 2019, then covid19 could be seen as actually reducing the risk of death. But we don't have this information so we can't draw a conclusion either way.

everything else is BS

But throwing out meaningless stats and saying see how bad it is, is a great way to manipulate the uninformed masses. Just look at how they screamed about the upcoming ventilator shortage..... that NEVER happened. Now they are all quiet about it.

Thanks for your patience, I still don’t really understand what you saying.

The ICU where I work is full of patients who have COVID 19 (all on vents) it’s like this all over the city. We didn’t run out of vents, but it came very close (some places our using our machines from the operating room).

It’s obvious that, for some fairly small number of people, COVID-19 is a deadly disease. Certainly, 90% of the people we intubate for influenza don’t die. It’s a shockingly high number to any who knows anything about this kind of stuff and medical professional everywhere are trying to figure out what exactly it means. Again, for the diseases and conditions we are used to dealing with (versus this new disease) this isn’t normal.

Thanks for your patience, I still don’t really understand what you saying.

The ICU where I work is full of patients who have COVID 19 (all on vents) it’s like this all over the city. We didn’t run out of vents, but it came very close (some places our using our machines from the operating room).

It’s obvious that, for some fairly small number of people, COVID-19 is a deadly disease. Certainly, 90% of the people we intubate for influenza don’t die. It’s a shockingly high number to any who knows anything about this kind of stuff and medical professional everywhere are trying to figure out what exactly it means. Again, for the diseases and conditions we are used to dealing with (versus this new disease) this isn’t normal.
A single hospital would be too small a sample for any real statistical analysis, there are just too many factors that could skew the results in either direction. But nonetheless, perhaps you could obtain the total number of deaths at your hospital (that's the absolute total) for April 1-26 2019 and the same absolute total for April 1-26 2020? Again, this would not be conclusive, too small a sample, but it's the kind of comparison we need.

A single hospital would be too small a sample for any real statistical analysis, there are just too many factors that could skew the results in either direction. But nonetheless, perhaps you could obtain the total number of deaths at your hospital (that's the absolute total) for April 1-26 2019 and the same absolute total for April 1-26 2020? Again, this would not be conclusive, too small a sample, but it's the kind of comparison we need.

Well that’s a much more complicated question. About 3 million people die every year in the US, COVID will likely kill 60-100k, but it’s doing so in a relatively short time span of several months. Again, it’s a very serious disease for some people and is extremely contagious, but it’s certainly does not seem, from what I can tell, to be a poised to kill 1-2million Americans.

Back
Top Bottom