• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update. Framingham licensing

Wording like "If Tassel could get a court order..." rather than "If Tassel count attempt to get a court order" implies "if we can get results..."
Dude, I cleared it up, stop being an a-hole. You keep on the BS anyway. But I don't see a comment about the 250. Nor do I hear you putting in. And and we all know you put in elsewhere, so do I, so do others, that's no reason to hold back where you might make a difference. Shit, if I still lived in Framingham I'd be all over calling everyone, there are a lot of people in Framingham politics/gov that were there when it was a town and I was involved, I'm sure I could find some phone numbers. But I'm not there so I do what I can.

ETA: Tassel is a f'ing Jedi, that man could sell ice cubes to an eskamo. If I gave him money to do something and he failed I'd still be glad I spent the money, because if he can't get it done then it just can't be done.

Goal and Comm2A have to remain independent entities due to lobbying rules.
I think there should be a 3rd one.
GOAL: lobbying, to correct the laws and influence new laws
Comm2A: courts and lawsuits against existing laws and processes
xyz: PAC to elect the right people and un-elect the wrong people who make the laws

We got to the email. We are discussing it. I will reply once I am back in front of my computer and have something to relay.

I am currently in MN for work, back super early Friday.

We are continuing to discuss.

Sorry this is not fast enough for you, but as I said, a rush causes bad case law or bad policy.
I’m just being sarcastic, I didn’t mean that literally. You guys do great work. I get all the logistics. But in all reality, by the time anything happens will be almost February, so better not stir the pot for nothing until then. See what happens in February and go from there

You Guys must be Jealous of the Efficiency of NH P&RL.

I put my Renewal in on Friday, asked them if they can put it at the top of the list,
Because I was going out of state this Saturday. They Called me on Tuesday and said
it was ready to pick up. One page form and $10 Fee.

Malodave

There may be a serious violation of constitutional rights here. Applicant has a constitutional right to keep and bear arms (2A). Massachusetts requires a license. Framingham is refusing to even initiate licensing process in any kind of a timely fashion. This effectively denies applicant their constitutional right.
"Justice delayed is justice denied"

Healy certainly won’t be gun friendly but I think it’s quite secondary to “climate change”. Her obsession will be being the most woke governor fighting to “save” the planet. Energy cost here will be like California.
I live in a one-bedroom apartment with heat and hot water included and just received my electric bill from NG and it's DOUBLED from this time last year. Thanks Biden and the climate warriors. All part of the plan folks.

I live in a one-bedroom apartment with heat and hot water included and just received my electric bill from NG and it's DOUBLED from this time last year. Thanks Biden and the climate warriors. All part of the plan folks.

It’s absolutely the plan. They can’t make solar or wind cheaper (it’s a very expensive way to get energy) so they want to make carbon fuels as expensive.

It’s absolutely the plan. They can’t make solar or wind cheaper (it’s a very expensive way to get energy) so they want to make carbon fuels as expensive.
I hope all the good Leftists are having sticker shock now with their electric/gas bills.
F***ing Morons.

I hope all the good Leftists are having sticker shock now with their electric/gas bills.
F***ing Morons.
Idiots. Especially this dolt.

"Nor would we have two cars because one may be in a collision,” said Richard Kanoff"

Do you have NO IDEA what Mr. Boudrie does for the cause?? It sure sounds it!
I literally acknowledged that in my post, try reading before you open up.

Here I'll help you out, from both my posts

the general cause, we all know you put in for that,
And and we all know you put in elsewhere,

And I didn't say what for the same reason you didn't, if someone doesn't know, it's his call whether he tells them or not, not mine. And they are pretty closed about who is involved, go ahead and ask, they prefer not to tell, and that's their prerogative.

But that doesn't make them perfect, and it shouldn't make them untouchable or unquestionable. They are people doing what they want, they are not Gods, no one is.

But that doesn't make them perfect, and it shouldn't make them untouchable or unquestionable. They are people doing what they want, they are not Gods, no one is.
Absolutely true.

I find the use of personal insults in criticisms to be counter productive since it (a) Encourages the target to dismiss rather than consider the criticism; (b) Is just plain undignified and unprofessional, and (c) Reflects poorly on NES in general.

But, aside the the "a" word, the criticism was a legitimate opinion worthy of consideration.

Keep in mind that if you play nice with your local PD - they can be helpful when the need arises.

If you burn bridges, don't expect much from them if they are ever needed to vouch for you.

Absolutely true.

I find the use of personal insults in criticisms to be counter productive since it (a) Encourages the target to dismiss rather than consider the criticism; (b) Is just plain undignified and unprofessional, and (c) Reflects poorly on NES in general.

But, aside the the "a" word, the criticism was a legitimate opinion worthy of consideration.
I do like that we can still have some common ground.
You have my apology for the use of the "a" word.

A recent ruling by the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a decision that allows for the right to secretly record police officers while they are on the job in public in Massachusetts.

The court, however, maintained that that right does not extend to recordings of government officials, who can be openly recorded, but not discretely, without consent, according to a legal analysis penned by Michael Lambert, an attorney at Boston First Amendment law firm Prince Lobel.

The decisions — both surrounding the state’s “wiretap” law that prohibits secret audio recordings — come as the result of two cases filed in 2016.

One filed by two civil rights activists, K. Eric Martin and René Pérez, who were represented by the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, sought to challenge the state’s wiretap law as it applied to police in Martin v. Rollins. The other case, involving the law pertaining to public officials at large, was brought by Project Veritas, a controversial, right-wing political group.

In Martin v. Rollins, a federal district court initially agreed that the Constitution gives the right to secretly record officers performing their duties in public, but the decision was appealed by the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in June 2019, according to the ACLU.

“People’s recordings of police interactions have started crucial conversations about police reform, and we all suffer when fear of retribution or prosecution stifles these movements,” Jessie Rossman, an ACLU staff attorney who argued the case, said in a statement after the First Circuit Court upheld the decision on Dec. 15. “As the First Circuit explained, and as our clients understand, secret recording can uncover abuses and foster better police behavior, which is why today’s decision is vitally important for both free expression and police accountability.”

In the decision, U.S. Circuit Judge David Barron, a former journalist, wrote that the ability to record police is important for “informing the public about how police are conducting themselves, whether by documenting their heroism, dispelling claims of their misconduct, or facilitating the public’s ability to hold them to account for their wrongdoing.”

“A citizen’s audio recording of on-duty police officers’ treatment of civilians in public spaces while carrying out official duties, even when conducted without an officer’s knowledge, can constitute newsgathering every bit as much as a credentialed reporter’s after-the-fact efforts to ascertain what has transpired,” Barron wrote.

Meanwhile, the court rejected the argument that the state’s wiretap law should be struck down, maintaining that “most of its applications are constitutional,” Lambert wrote.

“It also declined to decide whether the law improperly prohibits the secret recording of other government officials and individuals who lack an expectation of privacy,” Lambert wrote.

According to Lambert, there are still many questions surrounding how the law is applied to government officials.

He notes some may be answered when the state Supreme Judicial Court (SJC) takes up a case brought by Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone against the sports and culture blog, Barstool Sports.

In 2019, Curtatone was recorded in a telephone interview with podcaster Kirk Minihane, who pretended to be a Boston Globe columnist.

An initial lawsuit filed by Curtatone was dismissed in January 2020, but the SJC announced in November it plans to take up the matter from a lower appeals court. Oral arguments are set for Feb. 1, according to Lambert.

NES Thread:
So...when you call the PD, they say, "Anytown Police, this call is recorded..." it's effectively two-party consent? So you can do it, too/

So...when you call the PD, they say, "Anytown Police, this call is recorded..." it's effectively two-party consent? So you can do it, too/
Consent has nothing to do with the MA wiretapping law - it is non-surreptitiousness. Even "Turn that recorder off" followed by "no, I'm keeping it" eliminates that.

I guess at this point he waits until February. Case closed. Shit we need an organization in this state that’s not part time. Wow this state sucks. Can’t wait to get the eff outta here

If enough of us contributed, they would be. Sheesh. You could bring it to your gun club to increase awareness of the club membership perhaps??? Plenty to do before you start complaining about their ineffectiveness.

I’m just being sarcastic, I didn’t mean that literally. You guys do great work. I get all the logistics. But in all reality, by the time anything happens will be almost February, so better not stir the pot for nothing until then. See what happens in February and go from there
Is that the 3 month appointment time? Is this your friend's choice then, to play it out according to their rules? Not knocking it, just asking in case I missed something.

Is that the 3 month appointment time? Is this your friend's choice then, to play it out according to their rules? Not knocking it, just asking in case I missed something.
Since you asked… a quick update.
Beware of these groups…if you’re an average Joe like us, you mean nothing to them. Careful who you donate your money too. This was an eye opener for me personally. From here on out GOA AND GOAL get my donations

He was told they were not taking any new applications until February, and he couldn’t even put in his name, had to come back in February to make the appointment.
And yes he is playing by the rules. He is a young twenty something just getting going in life. He doesn’t have much money. So I advised him to contact COMM2A. He wrote a nice email to COMM2A in hopes they would help somewhat.
COMM2A never got back him. He has a friend of a friend of a lawer and was told he would have to contact a lawer that specializes in this and given a rough price to proceed and it was waaaaaay out of his budget. So he figures wait like a good little bitch and don’t piss off the LEO. cause he don’t have the dough to fight it.

Since you asked… a quick update.
Beware of these groups…if you’re an average Joe like us, you mean nothing to them. Careful who you donate your money too. This was an eye opener for me personally. From here on out GOA AND GOAL get my donations

He was told they were not taking any new applications until February, and he couldn’t even put in his name, had to come back in February to make the appointment.
And yes he is playing by the rules. He is a young twenty something just getting going in life. He doesn’t have much money. So I advised him to contact COMM2A. He wrote a nice email to COMM2A in hopes they would help somewhat.
COMM2A never got back him. He has a friend of a friend of a lawer and was told he would have to contact a lawer that specializes in this and given a rough price to proceed and it was waaaaaay out of his budget. So he figures wait like a good little bitch and don’t piss off the LEO. cause he don’t have the dough to fight it.
Sparky,
I did send an email back to him. I will see if it bounced or if it was in spam.

The reality is that the wheels of justice would move slowly and your friend would need to accept that. It would be well past February before the case was heard.

I suggested he reach out to the City Administration and his state senators and representatives.

“ A Good Members Motto”

” I will not condemn the Association for failing to secure results, unless I have personally given time, thought and diligent effort to help secure these results. ”

from 1916

Sparky,
I did send an email back to him. I will see if it bounced or if it was in spam.

The reality is that the wheels of justice would move slowly and your friend would need to accept that. It would be well past February before the case was heard.

I suggested he reach out to the City Administration and his state senators and representatives.
So, you’re telling me a simple certified letter to the police chief or a city administrator saying we know what’s going on in your city and if you don’t change it we will take legal action. I think that alone might have done some good. Thank you Darkside. You have lost my donations and all the guys in my little group. Some of who are monthly donators

“ A Good Members Motto”

” I will not condemn the Association for failing to secure results, unless I have personally given time, thought and diligent effort to help secure these results. ”

from 1916
That’s what these organizations are for. To help the little guys that don’t have the recourses or connections. Just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom