Update. Framingham licensing

Healy certainly won’t be gun friendly but I think it’s quite secondary to “climate change”. Her obsession will be being the most woke governor fighting to “save” the planet. Energy cost here will be like California.
I agree, Climate Change is the hot Leftist Crusade. Maura will get many more attaboy's for going after Exxon/Mobil, fossil fuel Companies than the NRA I believe.

I agree, Climate Change is the hot Leftist Crusade. Maura will get many more attaboy's for going after Exxon/Mobil, fossil fuel Companies than the NRA I believe.

Massachusetts isn’t California so they can make demands companies will comply with to stay in that market. She wants to set up a northeast corridor of state who join together and become a large enough market where companies will agree to the demands. They tried something similar a few years ago but states ended up pulling out because the costs were going to be extremely high. So high baker bailed, Healy is a true believer though so she won’t care if energy prices skyrocket.

Beyond that, Moora is a very political creature, who is knowledgeable in the law. She will play the long game and lose, if it benefits her politically (see 2017). She will SAY a lot to her benefit, but KNOWS that to lose a case at USSC due to Bruen and to set precedent other states must now follow is a black mark against her.
Hoe-chul is a moron, which is why she will pull the crap she is. She is a "true-believer". Moora is not.

So I went from an arsenal to a horde?

Arsenal sounds more bad ass.

My 10/22 and flobert push me into horde catagory?

Grew up next to Framingham. Too built up back in the 80’s and way worse now. Just on traffic alone.

Massachusetts isn’t California so they can make demands companies will comply with to stay in that market. She wants to set up a northeast corridor of state who join together and become a large enough market where companies will agree to the demands. They tried something similar a few years ago but states ended up pulling out because the costs were going to be extremely high. So high baker bailed, Healy is a true believer though so she won’t care if energy prices skyrocket.
Maura and her climate fanatics have blocked NG pipelines from Pa./W. Va so we pay higher prices and have less secure NG. HUGE LNG tanker ships must be guided into Boston Harbor towards the terminals in Revere/Everett and turned around 180 and backed under the bridge because the environmentalists blocked a plan to run a docking station about 1 miles outside the Harbor. If one of those tankers every exploded, it would take out most of Everett/Chelsea and across the harbor. This from a visit to CG Station in the North End.

I think Maura will wait to see how things work out for NY/NJ/CA and now Oregon.
I'm sure the Leftist Dems on Beacon Hill are chomping at the bit to file more oppressive Firearm Laws, but Maura won't want to back a losing campaign that will be dragged out in numerous Courts IMHO.
Maura is smart and calculating and has time on her side.

Champing.

And I'm not so sure. Our legislature has short-man syndrome. They don't care that State X or State Y does something. They hope to show how wonderful things are here. So there is a 50/50 chance they add ADDITIONAL laws on teh books in 2023. Laws that will be overturned, but they can justify their stupidity and get reelected.

Hoping COMM 2A will send a letter to Framingham asking for "clarification" on their application policy.
This BS cannot be allowed to stand.

lebowski-this-agression-will-not-stand.gif

How long will it take COMM2A to respond. I know it’s a group of people who do this on top of thier normal lives and jobs. My buddy emailed them on Thursday morning and hasn’t recieved any correspondence

How long will it take COMM2A to respond. I know it’s a group of people who do this on top of thier normal lives and jobs. My buddy emailed them on Thursday morning and hasn’t recieved any correspondence
I wouldn't haunt them here, but maybe this may help. @Comm2A .

There are only a few people who make up Comm2A and they’ve probably received a lot of emails over the past few months. Be patient, they’re great people and they will get back to you

Quick update.
At first my buddy didn’t want to make a stink, because I’m sure it would further prolong his license time. But he went back in to the station and started asking questions, asked if he should talk to the chief and was directed back to lt. mcarthy.
This time he told him that they were basically jammed up. After the new Supreme Court decision they got flooded with apps they are pretty backed up and not taking any applications until Feb 1, only renews. He tried the…isn’t that unconstitutional Lt.? And was told that at this point, that was dept policy and nothing can be done until Feb 1. He then asked can you put me on the list for the first appt. In February, he said no, you’ll have to come back in after Feb 1.
He sent an email to COMM2A and is awaiting response. Should he consider contacting goal

So my buddy went in today and directly talked to Lt. Mcarthy. He was told, it’s not that he’s too busy, it’s that the governor and new attorney general have new laws coming out in February and they are not taking ANY NEW applications/issuing any new licenses. They are doing re-newels though.
He did say the Lt was very professional and explained why very cordially.
Wonder what’s brewing?
Nothing is brewing
At least anything that will get past Bruen

Quick update.
At first my buddy didn’t want to make a stink, because I’m sure it would further prolong his license time. But he went back in to the station and started asking questions, asked if he should talk to the chief and was directed back to lt. mcarthy.
This time he told him that they were basically jammed up. After the new Supreme Court decision they got flooded with apps they are pretty backed up and not taking any applications until Feb 1, only renews. He tried the…isn’t that unconstitutional Lt.? And was told that at this point, that was dept policy and nothing can be done until Feb 1. He then asked can you put me on the list for the first appt. In February, he said no, you’ll have to come back in after Feb 1.
He sent an email to COMM2A and is awaiting response. Should he consider contacting goal
No. GOAL is legislation, Comm2a is litigation

In this state, are you serious??
Maura as governor and her minion stepping in as attorney general, yah I disagree but hope your right
She's not stupid - she knows she can can 90% of the available political points with just a press briefing and a few letters without putting the entire licensing scheme at risk.
She might make some declarations but I doubt any new laws are coming down the pipeline.

Quick update.
Policy isn't law! I don't care if they are flooded! Train a clerk like they do in small towns, appoint a retired cop to help until the rush is over, the process is not difficult to learn. I'm sure there are other alternatives available and there would be takers, especially at this time of year with greater than usual bills at home rolling in.

Your buddy needs to get all of this in writing. Tell him to send a follow up email to the PD.
Or simply record the conversation
Police can be recorded openly or secretly.

Not going to help since any action would really only force them to accept applications where they would sit in a pile

Or simply record the conversation
Police can be recorded openly or secretly.

Not going to help since any action would really only force them to accept applications where they would sit in a pile
A recent ruling by the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a decision that allows for the right to secretly record police officers while they are on the job in public in Massachusetts.

The court, however, maintained that that right does not extend to recordings of government officials, who can be openly recorded, but not discretely, without consent, according to a legal analysis penned by Michael Lambert, an attorney at Boston First Amendment law firm Prince Lobel.

The decisions — both surrounding the state’s “wiretap” law that prohibits secret audio recordings — come as the result of two cases filed in 2016.

One filed by two civil rights activists, K. Eric Martin and René Pérez, who were represented by the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, sought to challenge the state’s wiretap law as it applied to police in Martin v. Rollins. The other case, involving the law pertaining to public officials at large, was brought by Project Veritas, a controversial, right-wing political group.

In Martin v. Rollins, a federal district court initially agreed that the Constitution gives the right to secretly record officers performing their duties in public, but the decision was appealed by the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in June 2019, according to the ACLU.

“People’s recordings of police interactions have started crucial conversations about police reform, and we all suffer when fear of retribution or prosecution stifles these movements,” Jessie Rossman, an ACLU staff attorney who argued the case, said in a statement after the First Circuit Court upheld the decision on Dec. 15. “As the First Circuit explained, and as our clients understand, secret recording can uncover abuses and foster better police behavior, which is why today’s decision is vitally important for both free expression and police accountability.”

In the decision, U.S. Circuit Judge David Barron, a former journalist, wrote that the ability to record police is important for “informing the public about how police are conducting themselves, whether by documenting their heroism, dispelling claims of their misconduct, or facilitating the public’s ability to hold them to account for their wrongdoing.”

“A citizen’s audio recording of on-duty police officers’ treatment of civilians in public spaces while carrying out official duties, even when conducted without an officer’s knowledge, can constitute newsgathering every bit as much as a credentialed reporter’s after-the-fact efforts to ascertain what has transpired,” Barron wrote.

Meanwhile, the court rejected the argument that the state’s wiretap law should be struck down, maintaining that “most of its applications are constitutional,” Lambert wrote.

“It also declined to decide whether the law improperly prohibits the secret recording of other government officials and individuals who lack an expectation of privacy,” Lambert wrote.

According to Lambert, there are still many questions surrounding how the law is applied to government officials.

He notes some may be answered when the state Supreme Judicial Court (SJC) takes up a case brought by Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone against the sports and culture blog, Barstool Sports.

In 2019, Curtatone was recorded in a telephone interview with podcaster Kirk Minihane, who pretended to be a Boston Globe columnist.

An initial lawsuit filed by Curtatone was dismissed in January 2020, but the SJC announced in November it plans to take up the matter from a lower appeals court. Oral arguments are set for Feb. 1, according to Lambert.

NES Thread:

Even at 3 months it is worth the wait. Tell him to "press on" and stay in good cheer.

In the meantime, take him shooting, take him shopping, help him decide what his first purchase will be.

Also, a "good" friend would buy the gun he wants and hold/shoot it with him until licensed... I would for the "right" friend...
It never takes long for @enbloc to deliver…

Quick update.
As one of the Directors of Comm2A, I can say we are pretty well slammed with emails.
It is 4AM and I am headed out the door again to get on another plane and head to MSP (Minneapolis) but we have gotten more than a few emails about towns being nebulous regarding the change in office happening after the first of the year.
We are planning to have a meeting of our board and core team next week once most of our small team is back from travel (myself included) and will be replying to folks who have ongoing issues.

I guess at this point he waits until February. Case closed. Shit we need an organization in this state that’s not part time. Wow this state sucks. Can’t wait to get the eff outta here

I guess at this point he waits until February. Case closed. Shit we need an organization in this state that’s not part time. Wow this state sucks. Can’t wait to get the eff outta here
Well, I have been exchanging emails with the core team at Comm2A, and Framingham is a key topic for discussion.

We are working on it. We are three people with full time jobs and families who volunteer our time to support the mission of Comm2A and all the legal maneuvers needed to safeguard our rights in the Commonwealth.

Legal matters never move quickly, swift action creates bad law/policy. We need to continue to work for long term goals and make sure we don't make a bad situation worse.

I appreciate your support in the past and we are working on this issue.

It's worth noting that organizations can only get a big as their income. If they're a half-dozen part-timers, there's only one option for growth: more donations, either of time or money.

Another (rhetorical) way to look at it is "how many hours of your time or salary have you donated to Comm2A?" Multiply that by the tiny fraction of MA gun owners who actually donate. That's how little they're working with.

Well, I have been exchanging emails with the core team at Comm2A, and Framingham is a key topic for discussion.

We are working on it. We are three people with full time jobs and families who volunteer our time to support the mission of Comm2A and all the legal maneuvers needed to safeguard our rights in the Commonwealth.

Legal matters never move quickly, swift action creates bad law/policy. We need to continue to work for long term goals and make sure we don't make a bad situation worse.

I appreciate your support in the past and we are working on this issue.
Thanks for your efforts. The ending of Zulu is awe inspiring. They pull back and form a tight group and survive. There is indeed strength in numbers and indeed we are small numbers here in the deep blue state of MA. Would G.O.A.L. and COMM2A be stronger or weaker should they join up and get their collective backs against the wall?

So my buddy went in today and directly talked to Lt. Mcarthy. He was told, it’s not that he’s too busy, it’s that the governor and new attorney general have new laws coming out in February and they are not taking ANY NEW applications/issuing any new licenses. They are doing re-newels though.
He did say the Lt was very professional and explained why very cordially.
Wonder what’s brewing?
What is brewing is that the licensing officer is a lying sack of poo

Back
Top Bottom