• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update CMP M1911s

I gave up on the whole CMP 1911 idea months ago. You’re better off searching Gunbroker, Gunboards or put the word out at your local club that you’re looking for one. Honestly nowadays, the last one is your best bet at getting a real nice milsurp 1911/ 1911A1 at a killer price.

It looks like these 1911s aren't being sold by the CMP.

They are being sold by a new organization CMP 1911

New organization is for the new "gun control" record keeping and accountability reporting for use in any crimes. Cuz gangbangers fill out and send C&R application forms to the ATF and COP.
I don't recall which forum it was on but instead of the cmp messing with the current charter and risking some reworking or other BS changing the current charter they instead created a "new" or sub charter just for the 1911's this way if something goes wrong with the 1911 program congress can't shut the entire show down easily.

GOAL: Representative Tim Whelan (R) has filed HD4494 – An Act Relative to the Civilian Marksmanship Program. This legislation would enable MA FFL’s to transfer historic handguns from the CMP.
For many decades the Civilian Marksmanship Program has provided lawful citizens with historic rifles. For the first time, the program has approved the transfer of pistols through a very rigid system. However, there is a significant problem here in Massachusetts that can be easily addressed through this proposed legislation.

Problem with Massachusetts: There are two distinct problems with CMP handguns being transferred by a licensed retailer in Massachusetts.

1. Unless a handgun was lawfully possessed in Massachusetts prior to October 21, 1998 or is specifically classified as a target pistol, the manufacturer must submit each model for testing under M.G.L. Section 123, Chapter 140. Since the historical handguns being furnished through the CMP are already in circulation and may have been manufactured by several companies there is no one to submit them for testing.

I didn't say I didn't like their support or the bill itself, it would be great, I am just saying that after we tried the same thing with the C&R exemption, and it pushed off for 6 years, if they even allow this the same sort of thing will probably happen, if it is even passed.

If they folded the 1911 program into the existing CMP, then everything they sold would have to go through that FFL. So it leaves the long guns and parts alone.

Works for me! Who else can ship rifles and ammo right to your door like that?

Status of the CMP 1911s, 1/29/2018:

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.

The 1911s have been received by the CMP. A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed. That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

The CMP will keep everyone posted as we move through this process.

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer

Civilian Marksmanship Program

www.thecmp.org

Latest from CMP

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.
The 1911s have been received by the CMP. A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed. That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)
The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
www.thecmp.org

Latest from CMP

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
www.thecmp.org
Two posts up DUPE!

Wonder if they'll ship to an out of state FFL then you can inbound it to MA?....Meh, have hardly any interest in these. Not worth the effort.

Wonder if they'll ship to an out of state FFL then you can inbound it to MA?....Meh, have hardly any interest in these. Not worth the effort.
I think this was already covered on cmp forum. Only ship to same state FFL as resident SO you dual residence folks are covered

It’s been said before, but these aren’t going to be priced like it’s 30 years ago like some are anticipating. No one is going to get a pristine WWII gun for $700 from this, except maybe the insiders. What I like most about the whole thing is that it is putting more guns into the C&R market. Tons of folks outside MA will get their hands on them, and a chunk of those will decide to sell/trade them at one point for one reason or another.

Let me fix that for you... The pristine examples will go to the CMP Auction site where they will sell for many times market value.

Let me fix that for you. The pristine examples are going to be picked through by the insiders and the rest of the lot will go to auctions/FFL’s. ;)

No one is going to get a pristine WWII gun for $700 from this, except maybe the insiders...

Got mine for $800 in 2013....came with the two WW2 mags. The original mag was another $25, holster $50. Delivered from Colt to Springfield 11/23/17.
t[smile]

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom