• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update 2/21 Westford Ban

yeah great job Westford residents !! I woke up to the news saying that the people won and the councilman retracted his proposal.. Congratulations..

Where are people getting that a new issue can be brought up at the ATM with 100 signatures? They are still required to publish a warrant 14 days in advance of a Special Town Meeting, and calling an STM requires 200 signatures. The 100 signature requirement is to add another issue to an already called STM.

I was just building off what someone else mentioned. I should probably keep my mouth shut about stuff I don't research and leave the strategy to the people who have probably spent countless hours researching things.

Not to put a damper on things but a new petition has been circulated and has over 200 signatures. A friend of mine from westford overheard a few of the local loons bragging about it over coffee. No other details yet...bastards

Not to put a damper on things but a new petition has been circulated and has over 200 signatures. A friend of mine from westford overheard a few of the local loons bragging about it over coffee. No other details yet...bastards

Not surprised. Jeffries said he wouldn't stop

I am sure that after last night it would be too diffiicult to get 200 signatures on a recall/ special election petition...

Keep in mind, jeffries is up for election. A sure way to kill this, dead, is remove the cancer. Support candidates running against him. Westford 2a will continue to send emails out. Get residents involved.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Keep in mind, jeffries is up for election. A sure way to kill this, dead, is remove the cancer. Support candidates running against him. Westford 2a will continue to send emails out. Get residents involved.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer
when is the election? anyone running in opposition to him?

Note that item #8 (AWB) is still on the list of town goals for 2013: http://westfordma.gov/pages/governm...lectmen/documents/BOS_TM_2013_Goals_Final.pdf

Item #8 had to be voted on by the selectmen, and it made it onto the list of goals, so I would suggest that Mr. Jeffries is not the only one in need of guidance.
From today's Sun article:
"Chairman Kelly Ross said he would be interested in talking about removing that goal from the selectmen's list and he might have brought that up Wednesday night, if he had thought about it."

Read more: Westford board unloads gun bylaw battle - Lowell Sun Online

From today's Sun article:
"Chairman Kelly Ross said he would be interested in talking about removing that goal from the selectmen's list and he might have brought that up Wednesday night, if he had thought about it."

Read more: Westford board unloads gun bylaw battle - Lowell Sun Online

He also said he'd just let it sit there, so who knows. I believe all of those items had to pass a majority vote of the selectmen to get on there, so Jeffries is not the only one to watch.

"Just a reminder - this is NOT over! This battle has been won but there will be many more."

Yup expect thhis to pop up at Town Meeting out of the blue, if not at the next one, then at some meeting with light attendance from homeowners and heavy with police, fire, teachers, and pals of the selectman.

"The first item was to not allow any more items onto the warrant, including the citizen's petition that basically said the same thing as the original ban item. This was agreed to unanimously and so voted."

Ah! That should help head off any shenanigans...this time.

I will be calling the clerk's office in the morning. We were expecting this.

Why don't we start our own petition? I heard a story about some elected official in Vermont who wants to fine people for not having a firearm, why dont we get 400+ signatures for that and turn the tables on these knuckleheads? Ive lived in westford my whole life and it has steadily gone down hill. Could we file a preemptive lawsuit against the town or at least the BoS? I know these things are a complete stretch but something drastic has to be done so they know we wont back down.

Dude, thats F'n huge!!!! Do you know how much traffic is going to get filtered to that website now. A large part of this country will know where Westfor MA is.

Yes - even though it might not mean much in the grand scheme of things - it's a major propoganda victory for our side because it makes it look like even in MA - that people are squarely against further infringement of rights to defend oneself.

That's why it's important to do these things - and then publicize the crap out of them.

What I would like to see is a big rally here in MA - maybe the next one at the State House - but I think a better candidate would be the proposed rally in Lexington on April 19th - and have speakers like June4th (member here), Henson Ong, (the guy from CT) - and a number of other hard hitting speakers - all on the same stage - giving speeches supporting liberty - on the ground where the blood of the people who started the fight for this country is literally still in the ground beneath their feet.

Pull that rally off and publicize the crap out of it - and the anti gun anti liberty side would be seriously butt-hurt.

Back
Top Bottom