Unloaded Gun For Self Defense!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/26/sports/basketball/26wizards.html

This line really got me..

Peter White, Crittenton’s lawyer, said in a statement. “Mr. Crittenton brought a lawfully owned, unloaded handgun into Washington, D.C., only because he legitimately feared for his life.”

If you really feared for your life, why would you bring an UNLOADED gun?? Did a judge/DA really believe this?

Peter White, Crittenton’s lawyer, said in a statement. “Mr. Crittenton brought a lawfully owned, unloaded handgun into Washington, D.C., only because he legitimately feared for his life.”

If you really feared for your life, why would you bring an UNLOADED gun?? Did a judge/DA really believe this?
To bad Plaxico`s Glock wasn`t cleared before he put it in his pants. Would have saved him a gunshot wound and jail time.

If he was in such great fear for his life, why did he take a job in DC to begin with?

He's an NBA player, and he said he was afraid his teammate was going to attack him or blow up his car. As far as the statement goes, he could have had an unloaded gun plus a loaded magazine in his pocket.

borisbulletdodgeralsotht.jpg

heavy is good, heavy is reliable. if it does not work you can hit him with it.

[grin]

To bad Plaxico`s Glock wasn`t cleared before he put it in his pants. Would have saved him a gunshot wound and jail time.

Even better, a $20 nylon holster probably would have done the same thing. That's the funny part.... guy like him can't even buy a $20 holster. [rofl]

-Mike

When I read this it shows how legal minds work. OK what facts are known, and what story can we concoct that will spin the situation into something benign. Yeah, right... no one had ammo. No one pointed guns at anyone. It was all done in jest.

The difference between these guys and some street punks... the ability to hire high priced legal talent.

When I read this it shows how legal minds work. OK what facts are known, and what story can we concoct that will spin the situation into something benign. Yeah, right... no one had ammo. No one pointed guns at anyone. It was all done in jest.
His lawyer has to come up with something to explain away the situation, and in this situation his client didn't give him much to work with. So it is no surprise that the story he came up with is lame.

Typical defense strategies are:

- SODDI -- Some Other Dude Did It.
- TODDI -- That Other Due Did It.
- it was justified.

The lawyer can't use SODDI or TODDI in this case, so this lame-ass story is all that's left.

Well, we've always known that NBA players are generally known for their superior intelligence and reasoning abilities.
[rolleyes]

His lawyer has to come up with something to explain away the situation, and in this situation his client didn't give him much to work with. So it is no surprise that the story he came up with is lame.

Typical defense strategies are:

- SODDI -- Some Other Dude Did It.
- TODDI -- That Other Due Did It.
- it was justified.

The lawyer can't use SODDI or TODDI in this case, so this lame-ass story is all that's left.
I understand in law school this is taught as "deny, deny, counter-accuse"... [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom