Uh Oh - this one’s going to hurt but I can’t pass it up.

I’ve just been offered a 1950 Pre Model S&W 26 in 45acp with the original wood presentation box, tools and moon clips. One of only 2500 made and rarer then hens teeth.

I don’t think I can pass this up. This one is going to hurt as she’s not cheap. Oh boy!

View attachment 812159
I think i have 1 or two half moon clips for that. If you grab it let me know. Awesome find

Look at its cost per month over your ownership period. Figure you'll own it for at least 20 years, so divide the cost by 240. Even at $10k that's under $42 a month, 10 bucks a week. Price of two fancy coffees at Starbucks. The younger you are, the longer you'll keep it and the cheaper it will be.

Look at its cost per month over your ownership period. Figure you'll own it for at least 20 years, so divide the cost by 240. Even at $10k that's under $42 a month, 10 bucks a week. Price of two fancy coffees at Starbucks. The younger you are, the longer you'll keep it and the cheaper it will be.
And subtract appreciation over 20 years as a bonus

Tell us the price. I want to see 1/3 say they got the same thing for way less in 1961. 1/3 say that's stupid for a Fudd gun and 1/3 lie and say they would pay more even though they haven't.

I wouldnt pay anything over $100 for that if I seen it at a gun store mainly because I have no idea what it is other than a revolver lol

Tell us the price. I want to see 1/3 say they got the same thing for way less in 1961. 1/3 say that's stupid for a Fudd gun and 1/3 lie and say they would pay more even though they haven't.

Probably should have done 1/4s. You forgot the 25% calling him a snob / "my (insert cheap revolver) is just as good" crowd.

nice find. but...
meh..... It's got a cylinder turn line.

j/k nice pistol
i know that ^ was posted in jest but yeah, it does, and a mighty pronounced one at that. is this an original gun or one of the LE reissued guns? cause back in the day these were tuned to perfection out of the factory. does it, the score line, cut through the blue and that's metal coming through? sorry to be a bummer, just asking for my curiosity. but beautiful nonetheless.

What's the difference between the model 26 and the model 25? I have an old S&W that came just before the model 25 and it looks a lot like that. The barrel may be a bit heavier.

What's the difference between the model 26 and the model 25? I have an old S&W that came just before the model 25 and it looks a lot like that. The barrel may be a bit heavier.

The main difference is the barrel profile. The 26 has a tapered barrel and is lighter for LE carry. The 25 has a heavier barrel and is geared more for target.

I like the way you think!

I really like that revolver. I am a S&W revolver fan, and I know most of the model numbers, but wasn't familiar with the model 26. I noticed the barrel profile in the picture, but I still had to google how this gun differs from a model 25. Now that I understand that it is a model 25 with a lighter barrel profile, I like it even better.

In my opinion, most S&W revolvers have too much weight in the barrel. I really prefer the standard barrel, also called a pencil barrel, in a K frame .38. I think the lighter profile barrels point and shoot better in most models, and of course they carry much better. I have never understood how the full underlug became standard on the 686, since to me the 686 Mountain Gun is preferable in every way. In fact, I prefer all of the Mountain Gun models, and current prices indicate that I am not the only one with this opinion.

With ~2500 model 26's produced, and production ending the 1960's, this gun must be rarer than the K32 Masterpiece, which is a well known unobtanium grail gun. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom