• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Typical Sloppy Biased Reporting

Garys

NES Member
From the Brockton Emptyprise, which isn't even good enough to wrap fish in, comes this tripe.

Assault rifles showing up in Brockton

Two rifles, one magazine, no ammunition. They just needed four or five rounds for this to be an "arsenal" or "enough firepower to arm a small nation".

No wonder readership of rags like this is dropping like the Red Sox chances of making the playoffs.

Well, the reporting may be biased, but it is by no means sloppy.

It gets the point across that these are scary, and everyone's children are safer with them off the street.

The factual info from Zero Hour will be ignored by those that are on the Icky Guns Ban[d] Wagon, and irrelevant to most people that can't understand the difference (and that don't care, as it does not affect them.)

These guy were pillars of society I'm sure..church going, law abiding , helping granny across the street on Sundays types of fellows!

Maybe Holder and the ATF supplied them to them so they could track them (Not)

destruction, destruction, destruction, terrorism, destruction ALL HERE IN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY! Where schoolchildren play in our perfectly manicured parks and drink our clean water straight from the hose. Oh, wait...

The potential victims have been spared the terrible fate.

puppies.jpg

elderly.jpg

children-jump.jpg

Thank god those icky inanimate objects are off the street.

Now we can leave it to the cars to run down these victims.

So the ATF and FBI are for some reason interested in coming to brockton over two guys with one gun a piece? Me thinks these guns may have been " supplied" by good ol' .gov otherwise is the FBI and ATF really that slow that they just happened to want to come to little olde brockton for a coupe minor criminals.

I found it interesting that they contact ZHA for comment...that's more than the Gob would have done. All comments pan the article.

Was there more to this? Why was there a federal search warrant for "these guns"? They seem pretty MA legal and it seems odd (I hope!) for the feds to come for 2 AK's and a preban mag.

and one had an extended magazine or a “banana clip,” according to McCarthy, which can hold from 30 to 60 rounds of ammunition.

I've tried and tried, but I cannot even squeeze 31 rounds into one of these things.

We may all think that this article is "lame" but the non-gun owners see this as a real threat and the Anti's use everything possible to add to the fear factor. Many of my neighbors and some family members think that AR's and AK's are weapons designed simply to kill as many people as possible and nothing will convince them otherwise........every time an article like this is published regardless of the truth, the Anti's gain strength [angry]

What's not typical is the comments posted in the article. Every single one is progun and most include facts and corrections about the 86 ban and the 94 ban.

What's not typical is the comments posted in the article. Every single one is progun and most include facts and corrections about the 86 ban and the 94 ban.

Anti's summarily dismiss 99% of the pro-gun comments with a flick of the wrist and a "pfft, you're just a gun nut" attitude. I have family in NYC and California who vomit back to me what people like Feinstein and Carol McCarthy spew....and they believe it as gospel. And even though I communicate facts, "the thing that goes up", in their mind, is an evil feature on an already evil gun. Anybody who owns one should be prosecuted as a criminal "why else would you want to own one of those machine guns?"...sigh

OMG an AK-47 super assault death machine, with a high capacity trench clearing assault clip to........Thank god this is off the street otherwise some babies and kittens could of been killed

So the ATF and FBI are for some reason interested in coming to brockton over two guys with one gun a piece? Me thinks these guns may have been " supplied" by good ol' .gov otherwise is the FBI and ATF really that slow that they just happened to want to come to little olde brockton for a coupe minor criminals.

From what I remember of this article, the person arrested said that he was not the actual gun owner. The guns that were wrapped up in a plastic garbage bag & pillow case hidden in a closet, and he was "holding them for someone else". Maybe the feds were actually tracking the guns and not the minor criminals.

Sounds like there may be a lot more to this story than we will ever know...

Back
Top Bottom