• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trigger discipline: ALWAYS

i think that's the point

she had proper trigger discipline even during shit

- - - Updated - - -

i think that's the point

Nice - I had my kid out at the range the other day (she is in her pissy hormonal stage). She didnt remember her trigger discipline and when I reminded her she flipped out and started to argue with me about it. At that point, I told her to clear her round, leave the range, and sit in the truck. She was done for the day. There is no argument to forget it. Its damn well important.

i think that's the point

- - - Updated - - -

i think that's the point

I was hoping that it was the point, because I swore I saw a video clip today with a cop running with his finger on the trigger[shocked]

looks like she paid attention to her training. She is probably one of the good ones. Thankfully we had amazing responders for todays horrible events.

Looking through the different pic's and videostoday, I was actually impressed with the Boston cops. I didn't see one finger on the trigger, but I did see weapons out, scanning the area, and moving towards the perceived threat.

i think that's the point

- - - Updated - - -

i think that's the point

well, of course. We all do. If you do not, even once, you should sit yourself down and plan a retraining program for yourself. It should come as naturally to you as breathing

I saw this picture in a montage of photos and I knew it was only a matter of time before one of you commented on her gun handling .

I'll admit I was surprised no one got shot by panicking cops who can't handle a firearm. ( there's always a few)

i noticed that yesterday too when i saw it. that is a photo that will be infamous. from a photography standpoint it was an incredible capture of human vulnerability and raw emotion...only wish it never would have had to be taken..

All agreed on her good trigger discipline. My question is, without an identified target, why draw your pistol in a big crowd? For a concealed carry civilian, it would be a no no. For a cop, it is standard?

All agreed on her good trigger discipline. My question is, without an identified target, why draw your pistol in a big crowd? For a concealed carry civilian, it would be a no no. For a cop, it is standard?

BC it makes a good Sports Illustrated cover photo op...

The fastest draw is already having the gun in your hand. I've got no problem at all with her reaction.

i noticed that yesterday too when i saw it. that is a photo that will be infamous. from a photography standpoint it was an incredible capture of human vulnerability and raw emotion...only wish it never would have had to be taken..

Indeed. It is a fabulous picture.

Yep, because in "situations", they still remain "human" and prone to error....There was an article a few years ago, someone with time might research it: It concerned "officer involved shootings" by police across the US, and it was somehing like 85% of all the cops involved in shootings admit they "couldn't remember" if they had properly sighted, or proper breathing, or finger placement, trigger action (squeezing versus jerking), etc etc etc....85% admitted they "probably just pointed and blasted away"....It was interesting, and, well, humanly honest I guess.....

kudos to them

applause for the instructors too!

IIRC they were pretty close to the blast and couldn't even define the threat but knew there was a threat.

I wonder what training exercises they used to develop that skill? maybe some force on force reaction stuff.

Back
Top Bottom