• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

transfer info needed, in simple terms

"Our job is to educate not put down. We want more people to join us in our sport, we don't want to alienate. If you're so blind to see that, then so be it.
Try being a useful member of society."

Been there; done that. On this forum. In this section. Try actually checking:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1784

Note further that my article was printed in The Outdoor Message some time before that.

We still await your concise "free handout or FAQ for gun owners and prospective gun owners" for all the issues Chief Glidden needs 300+ pages to present.........

Scrivener said:
"Our job is to educate not put down. We want more people to join us in our sport, we don't want to alienate. If you're so blind to see that, then so be it.
Try being a useful member of society."

Been there; done that. On this forum. In this section. Try actually checking:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1784

Note further that my article was printed in The Outdoor Message some time before that.

We still await your concise "free handout or FAQ for gun owners and prospective gun owners" for all the issues Chief Glidden needs 300+ pages to present.........

Keith, if you weren't such a schmuck when you answer people, they might actually pay attention to your posts. The article in the Message was wonderful. Why don't you try posting like that here? You're an intelligent individual who's provided a lot of info for those who need it, but your delivery methods leave a hell of a lot to be desired. Instead of looking up the word "secret"' in a dictionary, try a few others, like, oh, let's say...patience...empathy...let's start with those and see how that goes. I just realized that I forgot one.... civil. And I'm not talking about a law suit.

Last edited:
Lynne;

If they didn't keep ignoring the obvious, failing to make even minimal efforts at research and/or repeating the same false information, it would not be necessary to make more strident efforts to alert them to those errors.

That said, your point is taken. I also note the admonition against casting pearls before swine.

Scrivener said:
Lynne;

If they didn't keep ignoring the obvious, failing to make even minimal efforts at research and/or repeating the same false information, it would not be necessary to make more strident efforts to alert them to those errors.

That said, your point is taken. I also note the admonition against casting pearls before swine.

Okay. Are you suggesting that everyone who doesn't already have all the answers, or who didn't manage to wade through the tens of thousands of posts here to find them are swine, or are you suggesting that it's probably useless to make suggestions to you? [wink]

Ken

Are you suggesting that the SEARCH function serves no useful purpose or just trying to rationalize the failures to use it?

Gee, are those the only two possibilities? Either people don't bother to use it (lazy bastards), or it serves no useful purpose (piece of crap)? How about someone tried it, and it either didn't give them the answer for which they were looking or it gave them numerous posts with confusing and/or conflicting information, so they decided to ask? The other day I was looking for some information (not NES related) and tried Google. I didn't find what I was looking for, so I called a friend and got the answer. I guess Google serves no useful purpose. How about a suggestion: if you find it so bothersome irritating to provide information to a particular question in a semi-civil manner, just sit at your keyboard and scream and curse at everyone's stupidity while we try to muddle through without you brilliant input on that issue.

Ken

Nice try, but......

"How about someone tried it, and it either didn't give them the answer for which they were looking or it gave them numerous posts with confusing and/or conflicting information, so they decided to ask?"

A situation both rare and obvious when it occurs. Hence the new (or about to be placed) posting expressly instructing people to bestir themselves enough to actually try the SEARCH function before cluttering up the forum with another repititious question.

Want an example? The "Do I have to notify for this move?" thread.

Anyone who can find this site can find GOAL's, which has the information sought by the OP. GOAL also publishes this SPECIFIC information about 6 times per year in The Outdoor Message, including THIS month's issue - on the FRONT page.

Note that the first person to "answer" this question got it WRONG. Like the OP, he was too inept or inert to actually READ The Message or look up the answer. Funny now that didn't stop him from declaring what he thought the law was.

Want another? The query about whether an SKS is an "assault weapon." Given that both GOAL and the CHSB sites have links to the "Large Capacity" roster, how hard is it to find an answer - assuming one actually BOTHERED to look?

Note further the FALSE information AGAIN given in response, by someone else who also didn't check the definition (which an SKS does not even come close to meeting) OR the roster (which has no SKS listed).

The MGL are also online, the CHSB has a website and there is even more information on packing.org. Anyone who got here can get there. Just how much handholding, wet-nursing and coddling do you think these supposedly (and professedly) "self-sufficient, independent" types should be given?

"...just sit at your keyboard and scream and curse at everyone's stupidity while we try to muddle through without you brilliant input on that issue."

If that's your concept of coping, I leave you to it.......

Last edited:
Scrivener said:
Lynne;

The Mods will usually tell those asking questions that have already been asked 20 or more times to try searching. That's No. 1.

Ken already addressed this after your post, but I will add to it. There have been times when I've searched for something and I get 100 threads for a response. I start to look through them and there's only one or two words that match my search criteria and have nothing whatsoever to do with what I'm asking. I try again using a different search and I get the same thing. I do not blame people for asking a question that's already been asked before because it can get very frustrating looking for the answer. I will also answer their question, and, if I can find the thread, I'll give them that link. It's called having PATIENCE, Keith. If you're running short on that particular virtue when you're reading a duplicate question, then I suggest you hit the next topic button and ignore the question.

Back
Top Bottom