Transfer gun to wife?

My wife is thinking getting a license. What do I need to do to transfer some guns under her name?

thank you for your help
ahgu

Well she can use your guns without having to transfer them, but if you still want them in her name all you have to do is an EFA-10 with her.You can only do four guns like that per year,then you would have to go threw an FFL dealer.

Couldn't a trust be used for this too? I know it's normally used for NFA items, but if he puts all the current guns into the trust, with him and his wife named on it, wouldn't that be a 'one and done' deal? No need to worry about transfers and crap since they're both members of the trust.

I always thought "What hers is hers and what Yours is hers too" especially in Ma. If she has a LTC and the combination to the safe.............[rolleyes]

My wife is thinking getting a license. What do I need to do to transfer some guns under her name?

I can't think of a good reason to transfer anything to her.

There's no legal reason she can't use any of your guns any time she likes.

I can't think of a good reason to transfer anything to her.

There's no legal reason she can't use any of your guns any time she likes.

I kindly disagree.
my woman owns several of my old firearms.....theyve been transferred via FFL to her......its always wise to spread out ANY commodity or resource.

IMO one owner of all family's firearms is unwise.....better to split them up so that in unlikely event .gov comes to seize firearms of 1 person then at least the others are (slightly) protected.

I kindly disagree.
my woman owns several of my old firearms.....theyve been transferred via FFL to her......its always wise to spread out ANY commodity or resource.

IMO one owner of all family's firearms is unwise.....better to split them up so that in unlikely event .gov comes to seize firearms of 1 person then at least the others are (slightly) protected.

In MA have fun with that. Some PDs will probably just seize everything regardless, leaving your lawyer to sort out the mess later.

The only iron clad way to insulate yourself is to keep some guns out of their purview and scope of confiscation; I'll leave this as an exercise to the reader, but it only takes about 1 or 2 brain cells to figure this approach out in a way that will work most of the time.

-Mike

Last edited:
I kindly disagree.

In MA have fun with that. [STRIKE=undefined]Some[/STRIKE] ALL (or almost all) PDs in MA will probably just seize everything regardless, leaving your lawyer to sort out the mess later.

FIFY

ALL PDs that I have spoken with will "empty" a house and take all, usually knives, swords, scopes, etc. too!

See Jarvis v. Village Vault on www.comm2a.org for evidence of how it really works in MA!

I kindly disagree.

VERY slightly. The usual procedure is to just take all guns on the premises.

If you want her to have a firearm, transfer them to her. It will be good information in the event of a divorce, otherwise, like everyone mentioned, it doesn't make a difference.

Urban dictionary:

FIFY
acronym used in message boards, meaning "Fixed it for ya". Most often used in quoting another posters work and slightly changing it.
Poster 1 "I really enjoyed 'Brokeback Mountain!'"

Poster 2: "<Poster_1>I really enjoy gay sex with cowboys!</Poster_1> FIFY!

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing. My wife wants me to transfer "her" G34 to her. I told her no. I'm not using one of my 4 transfers to sell a GLOCK to someone for free. She's crazy. Whats next, a Brazos 2011

FIFY

ALL PDs that I have spoken with will "empty" a house and take all, usually knives, swords, scopes, etc. too!

See Jarvis v. Village Vault on www.comm2a.org for evidence of how it really works in MA!

agree.
it's why only a 'tard would keep all their firearms in one place.

my point is that spreading ownership is one means to providing some protection. spreading location is another.

this concept is true with any asset.....firearms being just one of them.

Back
Top Bottom