• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To Beavertail or Not To Beavertail

Any opinions on concealing a pistol with a beavertailed frame? I was thinking about (re) acquiring a Sig Sauer P229 mostly for HD but I would use it occasionally for concealed SD, especially during the cooler months - e.g. under a leather jacket in an OWB holster. I had one before without the beavertail and it was pretty easy to conceal but not as much as my P239. The model I've been eye-balling - one that includes the SRT and night sites - is only available in a beavertail frame unfortunately.

I don't own any pistols with a beavertailed frame. Any pros/cons especially when it comes to carrying concealed? I don't think it would do nicely for what I wanted it for but I could be persuaded. Alternatively I guess I'll end up purchasing one without the beavertail and then install the SRT or night sites separately.

I like Sigs beavertail, thought I would love glocks but hated it...seems to be a personal preference. As far as concealing I haven't found a difference.

I have a 229 elite with the sights,SRT and of course beaver tail and for me, the beaver tail guides my hand the grip on a draw and brings the familiarity of a 1911 which I have carried for years. With the right holster and clothes, no problem printing.

During the summer, a t- shirt, & oversized polo shirt is enough to conceal it with shorts.

Back
Top Bottom