• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for some changes at Ames

Ira you are a gutless Coward and your time is coming. You have no care about Ames as a club , only as unpaid parcels of land in the best interests of development. The membership is on to you as you saw at the meeting. Do the right thing and resign your post, the members no longer want you! The noose is only getting tighter the longer you stay.

You had a 100 members, unless Ira own's the club I would have a vote of the members thier and threw his ass out the door.

You cannot remove the existing officers as registered with the state by a vote unless (a) the officer(s) agree to it and file the new paperwork accepting the new officers of the club, or (b) you obtain a court order. And, until you get the court order, existing officers are able to spend club money to defend their position no election is due (though they can be sued personally for breech of fidiciuary duty if appropriate).

I think Rob Boudrie has outlined some of what the opposition is up against very well. I don't think that tonight was the final word on the subject, but no one should have expected it to be.

I also think that people should consider what they are saying about who. Some of the comments are inflammatory to say the least and Derek or one of the mods may decide to lock and/or delete this thread. Those people should also assume that someone from the Executive Board or the Board of Directors is reading and passing along everything that is said on this forum as well as any of the E-Blasts that Jim is sending to people.

I think Rob Boudrie has outlined some of what the opposition is up against very well. I don't think that tonight was the final word on the subject, but no one should have expected it to be.

I also think that people should consider what they are saying about who. Some of the comments are inflammatory to say the least and Derek or one of the mods may decide to lock and/or delete this thread. Those people should also assume that someone from the Executive Board or the Board of Directors is reading and passing along everything that is said on this forum as well as any of the E-Blasts that Jim is sending to people.

I can guarantee they are reading the posts as I stated earlier in the thread.

The comments are inflammatory because they need to be. He's not accounting for the club's money and running the club into the ground at the expense of the members. It's their (the member's) club, whether some obscure bylaw realizes that or not. They should not stand for being intimidated, or having club thugs writing down their license plate numbers to be reported on a whim.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ira has/will agree to the audit that Jim was proposing. He said it would be discussed at the board meeting. I hope this doesn't have to go to court since the club is already low on funds.

Having lived in Stoughton and Easton I know that the property tax bill you get in the mail never has your full outstanding amount only the amount you owe for that half of the year. They also compound the interest daily on any amount you owe that is past due. The amount the club owed was huge, and will probably need most of the member renewals just to pay the remainder of it off.

Last night was a great victory.

The board conceded that they had willingly misinformed members about the financial status of the club. They confirmed the suspicions that the taxes weren't being paid and the club's funds had been squandered. Nobody can now deny that.

They openly demonstrated a cavalier attitude towards the memberships money and declared essentially that they did not care about being transparent. They declined to be audited and essentially stated that they would not be held accountable for anything.

There is absolutely no question now that something is rotten in Denmark.

The next steps will now be easier with that out of the way.

It should be clear though that this was never about Jim this was about unveiling the improprieties of the executive committee. This fight is now in the hands of the membership.

Now I realize I should have been going to more meetings after going last night. I've been a member for a couple years now and didn't realize some of what was going on. It's not just the financials that are BS it's also some of the rules set in place. You shouldn't need the OK from the BOD to be able to shoot 50 cal or full auto if you happen to own such firearms. Also the BS with threatening to call your local licensing authority for an infraction is a bunch of BS. I definitely think last night made a difference and I think more members need to be involved with the decision making process.

Another member, a relatively new one, picked up on the calling the licensing authority thing and was going to bring it up. He wrote a long letter analyzing it and feels strongly that it should be removed from the rules. In his research he called a number of clubs and not only do none of them have a rule like that, none of them have even ever heard of such a rule. There is way too much room for abuse of that rule.

And yes, more members should go to more meetings and I include myself in that list. It's the same in most organizations, most of the members only want to participate in activities and not get involved in the work of running the club. That's understandable, but it can lead to situation where the people running the organization take shortcuts. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but it bears watching.

Now I realize I should have been going to more meetings after going last night. I've been a member for a couple years now and didn't realize some of what was going on. It's not just the financials that are BS it's also some of the rules set in place. You shouldn't need the OK from the BOD to be able to shoot 50 cal or full auto if you happen to own such firearms. Also the BS with threatening to call your local licensing authority for an infraction is a bunch of BS. I definitely think last night made a difference and I think more members need to be involved with the decision making process.

Given the financial/tax situation this club doesn't have long to live if it doesn't get competent leadership..... Will be pretty sad for current members when they wake up some day and find the land has been seized.....[thinking]

Given the financial/tax situation this club doesn't have long to live if it doesn't get competent leadership..... Will be pretty sad for current members when they wake up some day and find the land has been seized.....[thinking]

It's a bummer that this club is being run into the ground. I just moved to Dedham, so Ames would be so convenient for me. It would suck to pay $300 only to find out a week later that the town has locked the gate for delinquent property taxes.

Ihave my lawyer ready to file lawsuit if the land gets seized becuase im going to want my money back

I don't think that there is an issue with that, but Tim wasn't completely clear on what arrangement he made with Stoughton. I just received an email saying that the BOD voted to conduct an audit for the current fiscal year. No further details.

Y
AMES RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB INC
11/10/2011
TOR
INSTRUMENT OF TAKING
EASTON

CANTON ST
View
Y
11/10/2011
TOR
INSTRUMENT OF TAKING
EASTON

SEE INSTR
View
Y
11/10/2011
TOR
INSTRUMENT OF TAKING
EASTON

CANTON ST
View
Y
11/10/2011
TOR
INSTRUMENT OF TAKING
EASTON

SEE INSTR
View
Y
11/10/2011
TOR
INSTRUMENT OF TAKING
EASTON

POUT ROCK RD
View
Y
AMES RIFLE CLUB
11/10/2011
TOR
INSTRUMENT OF TAKING
EASTON

CANTON ST
View

I know nothing of this situation, but feel for you all. You can look up some lien information online. These may have been paid already and are not a great amount of money, but at least it gives you a little info if you want to ask questions.

http://www.tauntondeeds.com/Searches/RecordedLand/RecordedLandInquiry.aspx

Tim came up with the money the day of the meeting and drained the account? The club is in th 9th month of the fiscal year. Where has all the money from previous years gone? Do you expect the membership NOT to question this? Your arrogance is insulting and offensive to the membership. Where has the surplus money gone from years past? I once told my Boss " I guess I was lazy and did a bad job." I was fired and NOT paid for the day I worked. I hope the Members eyes are open now and hold you resonsible for the pillaging you and Ira have committed.

I wonder if Ira has/will agree to the audit that Jim was proposing. He said it would be discussed at the board meeting. I hope this doesn't have to go to court since the club is already low on funds.

Having lived in Stoughton and Easton I know that the property tax bill you get in the mail never has your full outstanding amount only the amount you owe for that half of the year. They also compound the interest daily on any amount you owe that is past due. The amount the club owed was huge, and will probably need most of the member renewals just to pay the remainder of it off.

They "Tim" recieved numerous demand letters and chose to ignore them. There is a post with a link showing the land has been taken for non payment. They are low on funds now but what happened to all that money last year and the years they failed to pay. Wake up man, soon you will not have a club if this continues.

Ladies and gentlemen of Ames Rifle and Pistol Club,
Thank you for your support. Monday nights meeting exposed to the general membership some of the goings ons that were discussed. How does paying over $20,000 in back taxes and liens on the AFTERNOON OF THE MEETING make ANY sense to ANYBODY? It is truly out of control and not over. We will see this through together, my fellow members.
Respectfully and fraternally,
James

Ladies and gentlemen of Ames Rifle and Pistol Club,
Thank you for your support. Monday nights meeting exposed to the general membership some of the goings ons that were discussed. How does paying over $20,000 in back taxes and liens on the AFTERNOON OF THE MEETING make ANY sense to ANYBODY? It is truly out of control and not over. We will see this through together, my fellow members.
Respectfully and fraternally,
James

Good luck Jim.

Wow. I thought about 6-7 years ago they had a big pile of $ in the bank. I left when they would not spend some of it to properly fix the indoor range.

Wow. I thought about 6-7 years ago they had a big pile of $ in the bank. I left when they would not spend some of it to properly fix the indoor range.

They did, but a lot of money has been put into the ranges over the past few years. I know that the indoor range upkeep has been approved, but I don't know what you wanted to be done.

You can PM me if you want to discuss that further since it's not part of this thread.

Anyone go to the BOD meeting? Heard about some fuzzy math on Tax returns. Hows that audit coming? Members, now is the time to save your club, Before it is too late. You all thought we were stirring the pot a few years back, now you see what we knew then. This IS serious stuff you need to know where your money is going. There are web sites with all the information, people have posted Tax Leins but there is more!

Back
Top Bottom