• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Three-Gun Match at Pioneer 10/18

Just in case you have not seen the flier, there is a three-gun match at Pioneer Sportsmen's in Dunbarton NH this Saturday. I'm goin' [smile] I posted the text from the flier and the safety rules below. After browsing through the forums and looking at all the pictures, I know you guys have some fancy pistols, rifles, and shotguns! Break em' out at a match and have some real fun with them![smile] Hope to see you there.

Midwest 3 Gun Championship and DPMS Tri-Guncome to New England.Come test your shooting skills at PioneerSportsman’s Tactical 3 Gun Match!Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc. invites you to enjoy our Tactical 3-Gun Matches.

Our next match isOctober18th and we will be incorporating new steel and stage props to create and exciting and challengingmatch.We will be incorporating stages from this year’s Midwest 3 Gun Championship and the DPMS Tri-GunChallenge. You don’t have to travel to Missouri or Minnesota we are brining some of the best stagesto New England.Classes will include Open, Rifle w/Optics and Rifle w/Iron, any IDPA compliant handgun is suitableand IDPA holsters will be enforced for all classes except Open.

The October 18th 3-Gun will challenge you with at least 5 action packed stages challenging your rifle,shotgun and handgun skills.This will be our third 3 Gun match at Pioneer and we are excited about the interest and the growth weare seeing. If you have an itch to try your skill at using your rifle, shotgun and pistol in a single matchcome on out to Pioneer. We have incorporated our shoot house, wall stage, moving targets, steel,clay pigeons and our 100 yard range to provide a shooting challenge to all participants.If you know your rifle’s zero, have trusty shotgun and have the appropriate holster for your pistol, allyou need is some ammo.

This much fun typically isn’t legal.For more info check out the web-site or contact the Match Director.There is a $35 dollar entry. Registration starts at 08:00 am, squad assignments and safety briefing at08:45, shooting starts at 09:00; match registration closes promptly at 09:00 AM. We’ll be accommodating only 50 shooters so reserve your slot by e-mail.

For additional information please contact:Jim Dunham, Match [email protected](603)249-9085 (after 17:00 please)

Map and Driving Directions:(only a short distance from the junction of I-93 and I-89)• Get off of Interstate 89 at Exit 2, Clinton Street/State Highway 13. • Make a left turn at the end of theexit ramp to proceed west on Clinton Street/State Highway 13. • Travel west for 3 1/2 miles until yousee our large white sign with black lettering on the right. • Turn right at the sign and you will see ourfacilities• A map is available athttp://www.pioneersportsmen.org/contact.html

1.Safety Rules1.1.
Participants are subject to match disqualification for violation of any rule or regulation in sections 1 or 2.1.2. All International Multi-Gun Association matches will be run on COLD RANGES.
1.2.1. COLD RANGE (definition): Participants firearms will remain unloaded at the match site except under thedirection of a match official.1.3. Designated Safety Areas
1.3.1. The Safety Areas will be clearly marked with signs.1.3.2. Unloaded firearms may be handled and/or displayed only in the Safety Areas.1.3.3. No ammunition may be handled in any Safety Area.1.4. Rifles & Shotguns, (carry from vehicle or between stages)
1.4.1. Rifles & shotguns must be cased or carried slung with the muzzle down.1.4.2. Rifles & shotguns must be carried with actions open and detachable magazines removed.1.5. Handguns (carry between stages)
1.5.1. Handguns must be cased or remain in holster, magazine removed except in designated Safety Areas, orunder the direction of Range Officer(s) on a stage.
1.5.2. Handguns must be carried with the "Hammer/Striker Down."
1.5.3. On stages, the Ready Condition of handguns must be "Hammer Down" for DA autos & revolvers, and"Cocked & Locked" for SA autos or DA autos with manual override safeties.
1.6. No participants or spectators shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs at thematch site. Any participant found to be impaired and deemed unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugsmay be directed to stop shooting and requested to leave the range.
1.7. Eye protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel at the match site.
1.8. Ear protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel while on or near a stage of fire.
2.Disqualifications:
2.1. Match Disqualification will result in complete disqualification from the match and the shooter will not be allowed tocontinue with the match. Shooter will not be eligible for prizes. Final decision will be with the Match Director.
2.2. Match Disqualification for Negligent Discharge.
2.2.1. "Negligent Discharge" is defined as the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe manner or unintentionally inwhich a projectile (bullet) strikes the ground within 6 feet of the competitor or range officer, or outside theconfines of the backstop.
2.3. A participant shall be disqualified from the Match for dropping a loaded firearm or dropping a firearm while in theloading/unloading process.
2.4. A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her firearm to break the 180 degree Safety Plane(except while holstered, drawing or re-holstering.)
2.5.ALL disqualifications and reshoots will be issued by the Match Director.
3.Sportsmanship & Conduct
3.1. Participants and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous, sportsman-like manner at alltimes. Disputes will be handled promptly and fairly by the Match Director.
3.2.Clothing with any offensive or obscene logos, sayings, pictures or drawings will not be worn or displayed while atthe match site/range.
4. Ammunition
4.1. No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing or steel jacketed ammunition is allowed.
4.2. Pistol/revolver ammunition shall be 9x19 or larger
4.3. Rifle ammunition shall be .223 Remington (5.56 NATO) or pistol caliber (ammo will be checked with magnet).
4.4. Shotgun ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger, 7.5, 8 or 9 LEAD SHOT & SLUGS ONLY.

Dan,

Yep. I am going to shoot my USPSA limited rig in open with my AR and my 11-87P.

To shoot in standard division I would need to use my carry holster and a more "standard" type pistol. Since this is like a really fun practice for me I am choosing to use my limited gun and race holster and shoot in open.

Are you going to attend?

Shooting my 6" .40, Benelli, and my old AR. I got the okay on the 6" gun, holster will be a Blade Tech, without the Drop Offset. I use that holster because of 3 gun. Nomally the Drop Offset is on it for USPSA.
See you there.

I'll not comment on safety. My friends Gary Sinclair, Dave Bold and others are quite safe in their handling. We may be "cowboys" to the other shooters too.

My comment was more directed toward our equipment. It tends to be considered, shall we say, "gamey," if it is not production or single stack oriented. [wink]

I honestly feel that most USPSA and other competitive shooters (at least the ones I am around) take safety as being #1 before everything else.

Last edited:
Gamey???? You must be joshing. You haven't seen gamey till you build special guns just for side matches...(I have).
I like to think that all shooters that compete will be safe. I do trust some folks more than others though.[grin]

I'm seriously thinking about coming out to this - it would be my first three-gun match (and my first organized competition, for that matter).

I'll be keeping it simple - HBAR AR-15 with iron sights, Mossberg 590A1 and a Springfield XD45. Sound about right?

How much ammo will I need?

I had intended to shoot the match on its original date in Nov. This change may make it impossible for me to shoot. It would be nice to know what the ammo requirements are; how much birdshot and how many slugs? My problem is that I will have to cast and load my slugs prior to the match.

Guys,

From the e-mail I received from the match director-

All, the 3 Gun Match at PSI is coming up this Saturday on October 18th

PLEASE READ the attached Flyer and make yourself familiar with the rules.

We will be shooting on steel at 100yards, make sure your rifle ammo is not steel core - WE WILL CHECK with a magnet.

At this point it looks like we will have 6 stages.

The following is a minimum and suggested number of rounds you should bring:
Rifle - 100 min / 150 suggested
Pistol - 75 min / 100 suggested
Shotgun slugs - 10 min ( Shotgun slugs will we limited vickers)
Shotgun bird shot - 50 min / 75 suggested

There is a $35 dollar entry. Registration starts at 08:00 am, squad assignments and safety briefing at 08:45, shooting starts at 09:00; match registration closes promptly at 09:00 AM.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Jim

The following is a minimum and suggested number of rounds you should bring:
Rifle - 100 min / 150 suggested
Pistol - 75 min / 100 suggested
Shotgun slugs - 10 min ( Shotgun slugs will we limited vickers)
Shotgun bird shot - 50 min / 75 suggested

There is a $35 dollar entry. Registration starts at 08:00 am, squad assignments and safety briefing at 08:45, shooting starts at 09:00; match registration closes promptly at 09:00 AM.

Please note in the first post that slots must be reserved, due to a limit of 50 shooters.

I'm seriously thinking about coming out to this - it would be my first three-gun match (and my first organized competition, for that matter).

I'll be keeping it simple - HBAR AR-15 with iron sights, Mossberg 590A1 and a Springfield XD45. Sound about right?

How much ammo will I need?

Tony,
Your firearems should be just fine.
As for accessories you will want at least two magazine holders for your pistol, one for your rifle, and you should think about a pouch of some kind for your shotgun shells. If you do not have these wear
pants with plenty of large pockets as there will be reloading during the stages. You will also need slings or cases for your long guns for transporting them between stages.

If you have questions once you get there do not be afraid to ask. There are no bad questions. Let the RO's know this is your first match. They will provide instruction on their stage and it will go smoothly from there.

possible for specs

Can there be spectators at the shoot. I have heard of these but never seen one up close and personal. Can I come as a spectator or saftey officer?? Let me know, Thanks [grin]

I have never been to a local event that spectators are not welcome at. But why be a spectator when you can be a participant? That is a long way to drive to watch!

it was good to meet the couple of NES guys that recognized my AR :).

sorry, i know i've forgotten your name already, but if you decide you DO want that rear BUIS, send me a PM.

twas an excellent match. good turnout too! my AR is now dead on @ 50-200 yards. showed it off too on those 6" plates @ 100 yards :)

Back
Top Bottom