• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thinking about getting a 9mm pistol

In case anyone has missed my location (NH) absolutely no Fs given for "pre-ban" mags. As long as I can get good capacity new manufactured magazines (no need for nanny state rated) I'm good.
If you end up with a Sig, I like the MecGar mags. I have a 20 rounder for my P226 that I use for my home defense mag. Nice spring, good finish, 100% reliable for me.
I have to take the P226 over to Pelham to run it with the Olight I got in the group buy (and take my first shots with the M16A1 clone I finished assembling last night).

In case anyone has missed my location (NH) absolutely no Fs given for "pre-ban" mags. As long as I can get good capacity new manufactured magazines (no need for nanny state rated) I'm good.
I sure as hell missed your location. I saw Pelham and immediately thought Pelham, MA since it is two towns over. /Insert foot in mouth

This thread says so much about the "Glock fanboy"! OP says hammer fired and not interested in striker fired at all.......and the first reply......the FIRST...... f***ing......... reply:

"I'll let you try my g43 or g19".

Jeeeezus f***ing Christ.[rolleyes]

Also most of the replies didn't include an offer to let the OP shoot their guns like he asked. Would be funny if the OP changed the thread title to "delete" like the other thread.

FS has the new M&P 2.0 9MM full size for like $400 after mail-in rebate. Drop an Apex trigger in for another $100 and good to go.

FS has the new M&P 2.0 9MM full size for like $400 after mail-in rebate. Drop an Apex trigger in for another $100 and good to go.
****Sigh****

From the OP:
"So if anyone has something in 9mm, that's hammer fired (not interested in striker fired guns, period) that would be ok"

****Sigh****

From the OP:
"So if anyone has something in 9mm, that's hammer fired (not interested in striker fired guns, period) that would be ok"

He’s also in a free state, so driving to mass to wait in line at 4s to buy a mass compliant gun to then immediately replace said dumbass mass trigger doesn’t make a lot of sense either....

HK P30s v3 has all of the options you are looking for in a 9mm pistol, and more. You can find them at a very fair price these days. Good luck on your first 9mm purchase

Have you given any thought to a straight up 1911 chambered in 9mm? There are a bunch of Mfg’s making them nowadays. It’s full size, single action, cocked and locked, seems to meet all your desires.

Have you given any thought to a straight up 1911 chambered in 9mm? There are a bunch of Mfg’s making them nowadays. It’s full size, single action, cocked and locked, seems to meet all your desires.
A 1911 in 9mm just seems so WRONG to me...

9mm, perfect for bear attack...

:)
Dude, all you need is 22LR for bear... [rofl2]

Easier to simply shoot the guy [running] next to you (or in front of you) in the knee and let the bear chomp on him while you get away. ;)
Always optimizing. I talk real world - where you plan to carry a .22LR and kill the bear from the inside. Not where you plan on having a convenient other guy.

A 1911 in 9mm just seems so WRONG to me.

Yeah me to, that is why I will only shoot this on days that end in a "y".

L5UahY7.jpg

:emoji_tiger:

Why? Why? Why?

" I have always been a .45 guy, and I shoot it really well... but I really want a smaller round..." Said no one ever. [laugh]
I said I'm thinking about it... Not that I'm going out to buy one tomorrow. Of course, IF I can find something that hits all my marks, I'll consider purchasing one.

I might be closer to setting up a pistol caliber AR15 (leaning towards .45 ACP of course)...

I might be closer to setting up a pistol caliber AR15 (leaning towards .45 ACP of course)...

Do it... I know you weren't a fan of Glock but I'm assuming that just due to their striker configurations. Mags are mags, lots of companies make Glock Patterned AR lowers in .45acp. A little spendy but soooo much fun.

I had planned to build one but then 7/20 happened and I'll just wait until I move to America again...

45 ACP AR-15 Lower Receiver GLOCK Mags | Angstadt Arms 1045 Lower

Spartan-45ACP Glock Magazine Compatible Billet Lower Receiver

Quarter Circle 10 Glock Large Frame Lower Receiver

Back
Top Bottom