• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thinking about getting a 9mm pistol

Planning to stop at the Sig Sauer pro shop on the way home from Maine today. Any more recommendations on what else to look at while there?? Probably be there in a few hours.

I checked out the P226 models at the pro shop today. Plus I got to finger fondle a couple of CZ pistols at another store. I need to fire both before I decide. But, I will say that I'm kind of liking the CZ Shadow 2 I got to handle. Ergonomics were good, with controls and such. By the same token, the P226 has a good amount going for it.

Of course, I HAD to look at the 1911's at the pro shop... There's a few I would have liked to have taken home. IF I had the spare cabbage available to get them. Maybe I'll get myself a xmas/chanuka present and bring some home at the end of the year. ;)

There are loads of hammer fired pistols that are no longer made, but still have parts available. Something to consider.

A whole slew of S&W models, the Browning Hi Power is pricey, but the FEG is very nice.

There is a recent Hi Power copy, but I have only heard a little about it -
Tisa's Regent BR9

Anyone have one of the FNX pistols?? Was looking at the line this morning and the FNX-9 could work out (haven't looked too deep at it yet). Also want to get some finger time on the FNX-45 Tactical to check that out. Or maybe just the FNX-45 (if the threaded barrel isn't stupidly priced). Although, having the option to put a dot on the Tactical right from the factory is a nice touch/addition...

Back
Top Bottom