Think its time for a .45ACP

When are you guys going to take that stupid law to court and have it overturned?

Not that simple.

So I've been toying with the idea of trying to gain that level of proficiency. My Baer Premier II is a great gun, but I wouldn't carry it. However considering what I might be purchasing, I may use the Baer to replace my G34 at the local plate and bowling ball matches I've been attending.

Do you mean bowling pin matches? [laugh] I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting at bowling balls for fun, that's for sure.

I carry a Glock 21 that has had the grip textured from Robar. I have 1911's and a Sig P220, just something about the G21 that has always felt better for me. If you have big hands and the gun is comfy, go for the G21. Nothing like 14 rounds of 230 +P JHP's! I do understand that for a lot of folks, the grip can be an issue though. Robar does offer a grip reduction that suits most people.

Yes, bowling pin. ha.

Re the glock suggestion. I think the first thing is to decide if you are willing to make the training commitment to the 1911. Otherwise just carry some plastic fantastic.

If the Glock or the Springfield are too large for you, the M&P45 has a VERY slim grip by double stack .45 standards. It also holds fewer rounds than the others, but I think 11 rounds of .45 is plenty.

For what it's worth I just traded my M&P 9c (my first hand gun) for a Para Ord. Warthog 45 (+cash) and LOVE it. Easy to shoot,easy to conceal and being a older used one it has a "proper" trigger. I carry it in a De Santis " tuck this" or a "Yaqui" paddle holster depending on what I'm wearing.

Back
Top Bottom