Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no one can argue that. However, their actions would have been much more palatable to the public in general if they had not exited their home.

For thousands of years, the military advantages to holding the high ground have been recognized and every grunt knows it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
There are two balconies, just above the 1st floor. Both are surrounded by large limestone balustrades. The small one just over the front door is where I would position myself. In the event the house was set on fire, if you hung from the balcony with arms extended it's only about a 4' drop to ground level.
Using the railing as a rifle rest, crouched behind stone, it would be pretty easy to engage a target that was attempting to throw something. As soon as he pulled out his zippo, three shots to the target.

View attachment 369631

I think moving to an upper story window would have been tactically sound, and made it much more likely they would have had to fire into the crowd. "For thousands of years, the military advantages to holding the high ground have been recognized and every grunt knows it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel." No argument, but they didn't want to "shoot fish in a barrel." They wanted to stop a crowd from advancing but be ready if they don't stop. And how does shooting fish in a barrel square with your "much more palatable to the public." Most of the mob would have neither seen nor heard them from that position, which is what you want if you're planning a firefight, and not so much when you're trying to avoid one.

They came out with a show of force. That's what deterred the mob. It was not the most tactical plan, and it didn't have the best fields of fire, but people could see them, hear them, and realize they weren't going to stand for a mob that then turned on them. A lot of NES'ers are getting wrapped up on what works in a firefight, and not so much on how to avoid one.

And a lot of people spending too much time on the AAR, and ignoring one fact: what they did worked. Were they lucky because this, or that, or this other thing didn't happen? Sure. But sometimes lucky is good enough.

And no one can argue that. However, their actions would have been much more palatable to the public in general if they had not exited their home.

For thousands of years, the military advantages to holding the high ground have been recognized and every grunt knows it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
There are two balconies, just above the 1st floor. Both are surrounded by large limestone balustrades. The small one just over the front door is where I would position myself. In the event the house was set on fire, if you hung from the balcony with arms extended it's only about a 4' drop to ground level.
Using the railing as a rifle rest, crouched behind stone, it would be pretty easy to engage a target that was attempting to throw something. As soon as he pulled out his zippo, three shots to the target.

View attachment 369631

If they could cover multiple sides of the house with overlapping fields of fire, sure. But what you’re proposing is a highly rigid and localized defense with a force too small for the defense against a large and mobile enemy.

They’d be trapped.

Guys why do you keep feeding the Troll. He’s just enjoying winding people up. Hes probably one of the guys that would let a mob burn his house down because he’s scared about getting in trouble. At least that is what his comments lead too. To each their own.
It's an NES thing. Theyll never learn. I'm assuming it's the older crowd who doesnt understand the purpose behind it.

Flagging people? Yeah, that happens when you’re intentionally using the firearm to get an angry mob away from your house. They do need training desperately, but I don’t see any issue in flagging people with whom you’re attempting to seek compliance.

Is there a huge opportunity for online Zoom based training? Yes?

I think moving to an upper story window would have been tactically sound, and made it much more likely they would have had to fire into the crowd. "For thousands of years, the military advantages to holding the high ground have been recognized and every grunt knows it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel." No argument, but they didn't want to "shoot fish in a barrel." They wanted to stop a crowd from advancing but be ready if they don't stop. And how does shooting fish in a barrel square with your "much more palatable to the public." Most of the mob would have neither seen nor heard them from that position, which is what you want if you're planning a firefight, and not so much when you're trying to avoid one.

They came out with a show of force. That's what deterred the mob. It was not the most tactical plan, and it didn't have the best fields of fire, but people could see them, hear them, and realize they weren't going to stand for a mob that then turned on them. A lot of NES'ers are getting wrapped up on what works in a firefight, and not so much on how to avoid one.

And a lot of people spending too much time on the AAR, and ignoring one fact: what they did worked. Were they lucky because this, or that, or this other thing didn't happen? Sure. But sometimes lucky is good enough.

This.

I’m sure lawyers will make a pretty good case that when she walks towards the crowd with her finger on the trigger and pointing the gun right at them that would be considered “a threatening manner”.

The CA/DA can throw whatever they want to at the wall and probably WILL to see what sticks.....its what prosecutors do in every state/in most every case

Its PART of what needs to be reformed about our CJ system

They're both lawyers

They;re obviously wealthy

The MOB destroyed private property and HUNDREDS of agitated rioters were flooding towards their home

1. They had every reason to believe their lives were at risk
2. The rioters initiated the assault on THEM
3. They were acting in self defense ON THEIR OWN PROPERTY

IF the CA/DA goes full retard we'll see lots of money thrown at the case and tons of hours on the part of the prosecution but in the end it wont go anywhere and will be purely political

At this point, they have lost nothing. You assume they lost their livelihoods. Stop assuming.
Agreed -- they're personal injury attorneys, assuming the bar association doesn't persecute them, this has, if anything, improved their reputation and name recognition with their target customer base.

I wouldn't want Mark in my zombie apocalypse crew, but if I had to sue in Missouri over a slip-and-fall or auto accident, he'd be on my short list.

View attachment 369631

Until they light the house on fire, yeah its a great idea. If you think the Alamo is a winning story.

This situation is a great reason why citizens should be allowed to have flashbangs and frag grenades. Maybe then going Alamo would make slightly more sense.

View attachment 369631
Uh huh. Cause that balcony has an unrestricted 360 field of fire. Best of luck with that.

What a dumpster fire this thread turned into, maybe someone smarter than me can pull up the image.

Could have, should have, would have...

I'm an old guy and run around in (gasp) cargo shorts and Crocks at home and can't even get my wife to HANDLE a firearm...

Apparently what I've been missing is tacti-cool operator $#!t, training with an ex-Seal, and a turret...:rolleyes:

This is probably most appropriate....

1593613928541.png

#pleasetelluswhatNESwoulddo

LOL! Exactly...though it's usually greens and tans with my Camo Crocks and a American Flag jibbitz, FTW!

EDIT...I suppose I outed myself as the greens/tans/camo make me semi-taticool...staying tuned to be flash mobbed 'cuz "jibbitz"...

Last edited:
U lose all your money in bitcoin yet?😂😂😂

Lol, price dipped to $3k that day and I fractalized a wager of 33% of my holdings, within a week it was back up to $9k. I doubled my holdings in a single swing. If you bought on the only buy signal I ever dropped on NES you would've tripled your money by today.

-or-

you could just stick to changing light bulbs for $150 an hour.

LOL! Exactly...though it's usually greens and tans with my Camo Crocks and a American Flag jibbitz, FTW!

EDIT...I suppose I outed myself as the greens/tans/camo make me semi-taticool...staying tuned to be flash mobbed 'cuz "jubbitz"...
I had to Google "jubbitz". [rofl2]

Lol, price dipped to $3k that day and I fractalized a wager of 33% of my holdings, within a week it was back up to $9k. I doubled my holdings in a single swing. If you bought on the only buy signal I ever dropped on NES you would've tripled your money by today.

-or-

you could just stick to changing light bulbs for $150 an hour.
I wish I could charge that...is that what u pay your electrician?😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom