They're going Hogg Wild in Cambridge

Zuckerberg didn't HAVE TO graduate. He made whatever deal with the devil he did, and his future was ensured. Again: well-positioned.

Re: character traits: EXACTLY. And once upon a time in the young country that was the United States of America, they were a necessary precondition to success (though arguably still insufficient).

Someone - probably Gary North - once wrote about the value of a MBA degree. His position: practically worthless (or at least not worth anything close to cost)... unless from a place like Wharton. Why? Same reason the well-positioned attend a place like Harvard: contacts. Wanna learn about business? Best bet is to apprentice at one (or "come up through the ranks" which is the modern equivalent).

That only works, long-term, if the brand has and maintains value. For most institutions, that would mean their graduates succeed in their professional pursuits, and, by extension, would imply they learned a thing or two while attending. That latter thing tends not to apply to a place like Harvard as, once again, the contacts are The Thing.

Hence my earlier point - David Hogg's presence in the student body will make no discernible impact on Harvard's brand reputation except with people like us who care about 2A issues. Hogg has shown that he wants the limelight and is willing to stand on dead bodies for that attention. He's going to end up in politics (parents in government, already notorious, PoliSci) and assuming he wins some seat somewhere, he can offer Harvard... more connections... The brand perpetuates itself, even if he's a progressive toady hardo.

Hence my earlier point - David Hogg's presence in the student body will make no discernible impact on Harvard's brand reputation except with people like us who care about 2A issues. Hogg has shown that he wants the limelight and is willing to stand on dead bodies for that attention. He's going to end up in politics (parents in government, already notorious, PoliSci) and assuming he wins some seat somewhere, he can offer Harvard... more connections... The brand perpetuates itself, even if he's a progressive toady hardo.
It's precisely because he's a progressive toady hairdo they want him: he's one of those "unicorns" I mentioned, toys with which the well-positioned offspring may cavort. That's what they get out of the deal. What he gets, of course, is a degree with the Q of the Harvard Brand.

Everybody who did not get into Harvard, or did not go to Harvard, are experts on Harvard. Of course.
So I guess I'm not an expert on Harvard. I am embarrassed by them. If you pay attention they are big time screwing up their brand.

Everybody who did not get into Harvard, or did not go to Harvard, are experts on Harvard. Of course.
I'm constantly tripping over their brain-brothers at that other place - think lock company - short drive south of me. I don't have much use for them, either.

Damn, there are legacy kids at Harvard who have a tougher time getting in with SAT scores much higher than 1270 and everyone knows how much Harvard favors legacy...

Still, a handful of dummies for the sake of SJW publicity won't ruin Harvard. It's a bulletproof institution with ungodly amounts of money pouring in from donors every year. They have like $47 billion in assets, something like $5 billion in annual revenue, and only like $20% comes from tuition.

They are what they are at this point because of the resources/name they have, that won't change in anyone's lifetime. Yes, once you're in its basically As for everyone, but getting in is hard.....unless you convince them that you're gonna somehow end gun violence despite not being competent enough to score well on your SAT....

Unless that little punk has a person looking after him at all times, he will probably venture out into the wrong area as he frequents those alternative lifestyle clubs and get his a$$ kicked.

Hah!!! Grade inflation is rampant at Harvard. The most common grade given in a class is an A.
He won't flunk out. He's a unicorn, so it's a mitzvah.

Besides, think how hard is it to fail Rocks for Jocks and Multicultural Basketweaving 101. You have to work at it.

Zuckerberg didn't HAVE TO graduate. He made whatever deal with the devil he did, and his future was ensured. Again: well-positioned.

Re: character traits: EXACTLY. And once upon a time in the young country that was the United States of America, they were a necessary precondition to success (though arguably still insufficient).

Someone - probably Gary North - once wrote about the value of a MBA degree. His position: practically worthless (or at least not worth anything close to cost)... unless from a place like Wharton. Why? Same reason the well-positioned attend a place like Harvard: contacts. Wanna learn about business? Best bet is to apprentice at one (or "come up through the ranks" which is the modern equivalent).

An MBA does some things for you in corporate America. Or if you decide you want to hit your head against a wall and teach at a state school in semi-retirement. It isn't just Wharton-level that will get you somewhere.

What I've always wondered about was the fact that I'd have MBA candidates in my undergrad night classes at Bentley 30 years ago. Basically, at the time, much of the coursework for the MBA was classes you'd normally take for an undergrad at the same college. MBA candidates could swap in the undergrad course just to make it work to their schedule. Hence, after I got my Finance degree, I never found the need to go get my MBA. Heck, one guy was a Bentley grad from 5-8 years prior and was struggle-bussing it in the class. It was a higher-end Finance class. He was probably a Marketing major. No ding on marketing. I'd rather like to take 3-4 higher-end marketing courses today. But they never did the math or critical thinking we did.

Maybe he’ll move into an apartment with a hot chick from the South, find out she has a gun underneath her bed, and have some sort of sjw brain overload disabling event.
Lol, you think one of them would have him?

Seeing what his SAT score was.
By lowering the entrance requirement for him;
Hopefully he will just flunk out after spending his $$$
He's either 100% scholarship or Bloomberg is writing the check. I bet he graduates with honors, debt free.

Back
Top Bottom