• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

They’re icky. Trust me.

rogersmithiii

NES Member

In 2019, there were 13,922 homicides in the US. 6,365 were committed using a handgun. 1,476 using pointy things like knives. 1,591 by "other" (poison, candlesticks, etc.). 200 by shotgun and 3,326 I guess they weren't sure.

And 364 died by rifle. Any kind of rifle, not "just" assault weapons / ar platforms. There were 600 bare knuckle homicides in 2019, almost DOUBLE the number killed by a rifle.

42 people died skiing.
1,840 kids died in 2019 from abuse or neglect.
10,142 died at the hands of drunk drivers.
62,172 died in 2019 from preventable drug overdoses.
440,000 +/- people died in 2019 from medical errors.

I think they might be solving the wrong problem.

Last edited:
You know you would think that before throwing something like that out there you would at least do ten minutes of homework to be able to defend your position .
Not these people.
Lazy low IQ shills who just got it handed to them all written out and not even knowing what it means.
You have to figure she is as lazy in every other thing she does too.

You know you would think that before throwing something like that out there you would at least do ten minutes of homework to be able to defend your position .
Not these people.
Lazy low IQ shills who just got it handed to them all written out and not even knowing what it means.
They do the pro-gun side a great service, in their stupidity, in nudging people off the fence.

In 2019, there were 13,922 homicides in the US. 6,365 were committed using a handgun. 1,476 using pointy things like knives. 1,591 by "other" (poison, candlesticks, etc.). 200 by shotgun and 3,326 I guess they weren't sure.

And 364 died by rifle. Any kind of rifle, not "just" assault weapons / ar platforms. There were 600 bare knuckle homicides in 2019, almost DOUBLE the number killed by a rifle.

42 people died skiing.

Do you have a cite for these stats ? I'd like to have them on hand. Thanks !

The Washington Navy Yard shooting , where a guy with a Remington 870 killed 12 people and wounded another 3.

A pump shotgun is just as dangerous as a semi auto "assault rifle". The Germans were so scared of the 'trench gun' they wanted a treaty to have them banned in WWI (and the Germans still used poison gas!), If you ban the AR15, nothing changes, except then you have to admit AR15s
are no different than any other long gun, and go full Australia with a ban on all semi-auto rifles, all pump shotguns.

Nobody who favors gun rights is willing to say "hey, your uncle's pump shotgun is just the same as an AR15 if you're talking about mass shooting scenarios", because
they're worried the answer will be "ok we'll ban them also".

42 people died skiing.

Great stats. One of my kids is in med school to be a NP. I hear all the medical community anti crap and can usually stop it with pointed questions. How many 'child' gun deaths were in the 17 to 19 year old category? (Yes, med community counts a 19 year old as a child!) How many 'child' gun deaths were gang related? Now what do the 12 and under numbers look like once you filter those two prior stats out of the mix?

I especially like the medical errors number, gonna keep that one in the back pocket.

Not these people.
Yeah but they’re so brave, showing much virtue!!

Do you have a cite for these stats ? I'd like to have them on hand. Thanks !

I searched on "how many homicides are committed with rifles" and this site sliced up the data in the pic below. They cite https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019 but I did not try to verify the numbers there. The numbers were about what I recollected and expected.

ETA... The non firearm stats were from a series of "how deaths in 2019 by (fill in reason)" searches. Again, it was all napkin math so I didn't verify anything.

Last edited:
Great stats. One of my kids is in med school to be a NP. I hear all the medical community anti crap and can usually stop it with pointed questions. How many 'child' gun deaths were in the 17 to 19 year old category? (Yes, med community counts a 19 year old as a child!) How many 'child' gun deaths were gang related? Now what do the 12 and under numbers look like once you filter those two prior stats out of the mix?

I especially like the medical errors number, gonna keep that one in the back pocket.

You'll never believe this, but the number is fiercely debated. The spread is wider than Kamalatoe's lips.

Apparently it depends on who is counting and yeah, I picked the higher estimate for dramatic effect. The lower number is still horrifying.

The Washington Navy Yard shooting , where a guy with a Remington 870 killed 12 people and wounded another 3.

A pump shotgun is just as dangerous as a semi auto "assault rifle". The Germans were so scared of the 'trench gun' they wanted a treaty to have them banned in WWI (and the Germans still used poison gas!), If you ban the AR15, nothing changes, except then you have to admit AR15s
are no different than any other long gun, and go full Australia with a ban on all semi-auto rifles, all pump shotguns.

Nobody who favors gun rights is willing to say "hey, your uncle's pump shotgun is just the same as an AR15 if you're talking about mass shooting scenarios", because
they're worried the answer will be "ok we'll ban them also".
That is the plan. It’s just easier to ban black ones first.

Here is a break down by age of that stat from 2020 Screenshot_20230508_135248_Chrome.jpg
You remove 18 and 19 year olds we wouldn't even be mentioning that firearms are the number one killer of children.

Double secret probation weapons. LOL

And no, lady. THEY ARE MADE FOR SELF DEFENSE. You twit.

The level of ignorance in her little rant there was just shocking. She should have mentioned 30roundsecond and shoulderthingthatgoesup to look more intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom