• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The wife decided she’d like an LTC

She’s not an anti by any means. She just never was into shooting.

I’ve been working on her for 18 years now but not really pushing, just inviting her along when I go out or when I bring the kids to the range. I think the final push was when I signed up my 14yo daughter for the hunters safety class. Some of you met her at the car shoots last year. She was the small red head doing the bayonet charge with the 91/30 that was bigger than her. I was talking with my wife about getting her into a firearms safety course so we could apply for her FID hopefully in time for bird season in the fall when my wife mentioned she would like to get her LTC.

So now my wife wants to go to the range a few times to get familiar with the safety rules then get signed up for a basic handgun and CCW class. She’s already decided she’d like a Ladysmith .38 or something like it to carry.

Excellent!! Check out the GOAL website and see if there are any Women on Target classes in your area, that may be the be course for her to take.

Good luck!

Excellent!! Check out the GOAL website and see if there are any Women on Target classes in your area, that may be the be course for her to take.

Good luck!

I'll do that. Thanks

Well, she was actually waiting for your collection to reach the right size.....you know, size DOES matter.[wink]

I hope not too much. My collection is kind of small compared to other collections some guys around here are packing. Not that I’m looking or anything.

I finally got my wife to the range today. I’ve been working late and weekends so it took a while to get out.

She was pretty nervous, mainly because she sees me coming back from shooting trap with bruises on my shoulder and thought all guns kicked like that, so we stuck with the .22s today. She was pretty good for her first time out with 1 and 2 inch groups at 25 yds from a scoped rifle. I didn’t work too hard on the basics, I just wanted her to get over the nerves and she did. She’s looking forward to the next time and thinks she might like to try my daughters 20ga next.

Now her friend and her friend’s mother want to come. Her friend’s mother was a pretty big anti and is still deathly afraid of hand guns but she’s curious about shooting now and is talking about getting an FID so I think I can get her past that pretty quick. Her friend has nothing against guns at all and is excited to come. She’s just been in her mother’s house and hanging out with antis so she never had the chance to go. I think she’ll be coming with my wife when we get her into a handgun safety course.

ETA: My daughter has her last day of the Basic Hunters Safety course on Sunday. She turns 15 in September so hopefully we’ll have her all licensed by pheasant season.

I decided to take the course too since I was going to be sitting there anyway. I was also going to apply to be an instructor but as I found out, the class has changed a lot since I took it 25 years ago and I have a lot of studying to do. My instructor is great though so with luck, and a speedy background check, I’ll most likely be assisting in my first class in the next couple months.

Last edited:
redheaded woman with ccw? I'm gonna have to demand pics!!

Congrats on getting your wife to want the LTC! [party2]

Hey... Slow down there pal. That's my 15 year old daughter you're talking about.[angry]

Anyway I'll do you one better than a picture. She's the one in the orange on the far left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqyYf5kuAiE

She can also be seen here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuj-4Cpd0BE&feature=related

and here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjkKqxDf40&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom