The U.S. Army wants a new gun.

They must be looking for a different caliber too, because if you stick with the 9mm, you really can't do a whole lot better than the Beretta

They must be looking for a different caliber too, because if you stick with the 9mm, you really can't do a whole lot better than the Beretta

</sarcasm>

^ You forgot that. No worries though, I got your back!

Nope, no sarcasm. Reliable, high capacity, accurate. What else could you be hoping for?

Sure, you can get the same from Glock or Sig but the 92 is a pretty solid sidearm.

They did this competition already and cancelled it, wtf?

The article blows, Glock appeared in Die Hard 2 not 1, and an airgun is S&W's entry, really?

and Mel Gibson was the lethal weapon, not his Beretta. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Nope, no sarcasm. Reliable, high capacity, accurate. What else could you be hoping for?

Sure, you can get the same from Glock or Sig but the 92 is a pretty solid sidearm.

The M9 isn't built as well as the 92 though. The standard issue M9 mags have a bad reputation too. Whatya think the chances are those M9s would go out for surplus sale?

Beretta is junk and here is why. I have used them overseas
Open slide lets in dirt
Safety is a pain
All metal pistol is heavy compared to polymer pistols
No light mount
This is just for starters

I have a 92 right here in my desk drawer....for me it's the perfect firearm if I hear things go bump in the night.....as far as military usage, they made a mistake going away from the 1911...it was great then and it's great now

Based on some fantasy that 45 rules? You can carry the double the ammo of a 45. Perhaps when shooting stationary targets that don't move it's fine. But when trying to kill someone trying to kill you and they are moving-more ammo is better. I have seen plenty of folks with new breathing holes in 9mm. Caliber works very well.

Driving to the range and parking is different than carrying all you food water body armor and weapons in the desert. As for the 9mm being weak, I have yet to see any volunteers wanting to be shot with it center mass to prove how under powered it is

I have a 92 right here in my desk drawer....for me it's the perfect firearm if I hear things go bump in the night.....as far as military usage, they made a mistake going away from the 1911...it was great then and it's great now

1911 is a good looking gun but ...You be the judge

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing wrong with what they have now,It has worked for a very long time.What they should do is go back to the Garand,and the 1911.

just submit to the ****ing glock already

They won't. This will be yet another RFP circle jerk and then the government will select nothing and we'll hear this "the millutary needz a new gun" thing in another year or two, all over again. [laugh]

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Meaning . As unfortunate as it was, giffords was shot in the head with a 9mm and survived. Had it been 45acp the outcome would have been fatal. 9mm is crap.

There's always one... [rofl]

Meaning . As unfortunate as it was, giffords was shot in the head with a 9mm and survived. Had it been 45acp the outcome would have been fatal. 9mm is crap.

LOL wow dude

http://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/videos/5955882-Will-to-Win-Jared-Reston

this cop got shot in the face with a 45 at almost point blank range, then got shot a half dozen more times, then he shot and killed the guy who shot him

just submit to the ****ing glock already

Army SF has been using Glocks for several years now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom