• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The proposed Executive Orders

While I agree the mental health thing is a concern, I think the Emperor blinked on this one. He could have gone much stronger if he was confident.

To me this a positive not because I agree with this BS, but because it looks like they know their position is weaker than they would like.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

This is a good thing, and exactly what the NRA proposed. In Littleton, a school resource officer is one of the town cops - and fully armed. I *just* asked about this two days ago when I was in for my daughters IEP. There is one officer for the town school system and he spends his time rotating through the three schools and this has been in place for a few years now.

You'll notice the wording - pretty sure it is done purposely to not scare the moonbats.

Gives them leverage over many many things (not just guns) if they get this through.

Ok ok slow down everyone. So doctors may ask you, if you seem "depressed", if you have firearms in the home. So that's when you walk the **** out of there. So, this will mean that many depressed people will not go to the doctors because they feel as if they'll lose their 2A rights. That's messed up.

So here's what we can do if we face this shit. If a doctor asks you anything about firearms, you ask him if his wife shaves her ******. No, that's not too far.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/new-york-creates-a-psychiatric-police-state_012013

As usual, the devil is in the details. Psychiatrists will err on the side of caution and report many patients. No shrink wants to blink into television cameras after one of his patients has just shot his father.

Patients who want to own weapons will lie to psychiatrists about their thoughts and feelings, never admitting they’re considering suicide or murder.

The article was in response to NY, but I'm sure will be just as applicable nation-wide soon.

Comma 2a and goal need to fight the stupid ag list. Now where forced to sell guns out of state and not to the people we chose.
What will stop the ag from making every thing off list!

Time will tell how judicious these EO's are construed by the executive branch.

This one:

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

is gonna get someone who has their gun stolen charged with a crime.

Like Fast and Furious?

If the fed manages to break HIPAA, god help us all. Privacy is GONE. God know what they will do with all that information.

If they break HIPAA, I'd imagine that many people would stop or avoid seeking treatment for issues they want to keep private.

What if my doctor is taking anti-depressants?

:)

The system will turn into one like the FAA has. There are plenty of doctors out there that will give you a flight phyical. But, by talking to other pilots you quickly know which ones are easy, and which ones are out to bust your balls. Same thing will happen with doctors...the gun friendly ones will quickly become apparent.

You got it...

So HIPPA laws don't apply to gun owners.....where is the ACLU????

Next they will have a data base to check with pharmacies to see what medications you are on.....can you say police state. Its disturbing that your health records are confidential and have VERY strict guidelines as to who can view them, i.e. doctors, nurses etc. but under Barry's proposal ...well you gun owners are different I guess.

So a person who has a deadly contagious blood born disease can have their records not viewable by anyone,( with the exception of health care professionals) what comes to mind here are the men and women who work in the prison system. So a scum bag who is in for triple life has his medical records sealed however if you apply to purchase a firearm your medical records become open??????[rolleyes] HIPPA law, a joke for those of us who want to buy a firearm.

The system will turn into one like the FAA has. There are plenty of doctors out there that will give you a flight phyical. But, by talking to other pilots you quickly know which ones are easy, and which ones are out to bust your balls. Same thing will happen with doctors...the gun friendly ones will quickly become apparent.

And if your Dr just-so-happens to be at MEPS, run Forest, run.

Am I the only one who sees an issue with enabling everyone with the capability to do background checks on each other? WTF

This is a very slippery slope with regards to our health records. I don't like it one bit and now those who may need to seek treatment for mental health will choose not to our of fear of what the government may have access to.

[FONT=cd9800318d998e9e053f33e0#900400]Say goodby to importing and the sales of the M1 Carbine!! It will now be considered like a Class 3 machine gun!
Eliminate restrictions that force the ATF to authorize importation of dangerousweapons simply because of their age:[/FONT]
[FONT=659b3030bf4e3336053f33e0#900400]ATF is required to authorize theimportation of certain [/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be053f33e0#900400]“curio or relic”[/FONT][FONT=659b3030bf4e3336053f33e0#900400]firearms, and outdated regulations includeall firearms manufactured more than 50 years ago[/FONT]
[FONT=659b3038bf4e33be053f33e0#900400]in the definition of “curio or [/FONT][FONT=659b3030bf4e3336053f33e0#900400]relic.[/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be053f33e0#900400]”[/FONT]
[FONT=659b3030bf4e3336053f33e0#900400]But today, firearms manufactured more than 50 years ago include largenumbers of semiautomatic military-surplus rifles, some of which are easily convertible into machine guns or otherwise appealing for use in crime. Congress should get rid of restrictions that prevent ATF from changing this definition,enabling ATF to ensure that firearms imported as curios or relics are actually ofinterest as collectibles, rather than letting these rules be used as a way to acquirefully functional and powerful military weapons.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Folks, better watch this gem, too:

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

I really wonder whether these not-so-fine folks
HTML:
[url]http://armatix.com/Home-2.783.0.html?&L=1[/url]
have
committed themselves to pay for the Vacationer-in-Chief's first trip after he leaves office in Jan of 2017.
It's clearly a means to skyrocket cost, which will likely be prohibitive for a lot of fellow gun owners.
They tried hard in Germany w/o real success so far, but are lobbying via the U.N. (IANSA) big time.
I'm sure the grabbers will find this idea intriguing.

Proposed Executive Order ........

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

Back
Top Bottom