• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The proposed Executive Orders

I am getting sick to my stomach reading how several million law abiding gun owners are soon to be several million criminals. Just by exercising one of our Constitutional rights.

I haven't actually read any of the EO's in detail, but to be fair, on the surface it doesn't look like any of these straight up turn people in to criminals. We may have to wait for congress to act for that... [rolleyes]

I haven't actually read any of the EO's in detail, but to be fair, on the surface it doesn't look like any of these straight up turn people in to criminals. We may have to wait for congress to act for that... [rolleyes]
There are some profound risks on the mental health front which has always been a concern. It is a very subjective system/evaluation with a great deal of power taken out of the hands of Judges and Juries and placed in the hands of doctors and now it is taking one step further towards the mechanized destruction of privacy when it comes to treatment.

For those of us with no issues or treatment, these are all feel-good (to ignorant, racist, elitist moonbats) money wasters at this point. For any who have had or have mental health issues regardless of the nature of those issues, there is concern here.

"2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

So get rid of some doctor-patient confidentiality?

He needs funding from Congress to do #14. Congress can easily condition CDC funding on not being able to do #14. Congress then wins.
Congress has been defunding such things for a while. As someone said, this was a direct slap to them and yes, he is at their mercy for the "power of the purse." Attempts to circumvent legislative action to prevent spending of this nature would be illegal.

all they need to do is twist that one a bit and boy howdy they can apply it to anything they'd like to do where "unnecessary legal barriers" are in the way.

4th amendment? well, that's just an "unnecessary legal barrier", move aside, citizen. gonna toss your home for illegal scoped rifles.

Hopefully since he said the magic "10 round limit" number, MA won't get even worse with a push for 7 round limits. Hopefully...

Don't hope for 10. Hope for no limit. Don't settle!! Don't give them the sound bite that says you're ok with 10... You're not OK with any limit!

I'm confused? Why are they PROPOSED executive orders, doesn't he just sign and its done?

They are signed. Now the executive branches have to execute them. No permission is needed from any other branch.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't hope for 10. Hope for no limit. Don't settle!! Don't give them the sound bite that says you're ok with 10... You're not OK with any limit!

When does Devil propose his new gun laws?

So as a young and ignorant person who hasn't lived through any real crises other than 9/11, perhaps someone can help me get a feel for this:

Is it over now? Thats it, we're the new britain? I'm completely stable, but I take meds for depression, how long till they bust down my door and confiscated everything before shipping me to "re-education" camp?

Well, I called the mental health deal the minute this sh*t happened.

You guys better start thinking about that, I'm sure there's quite a few fellow shooters that will lose their 2A because of it.

This whole thing is awful, and our president is a disgrace to the oval office. George Washington is rolling in his grave right now.

So as a young and ignorant person who hasn't lived through any real crises other than 9/11, perhaps someone can help me get a feel for this:

Is it over now? Thats it, we're the new britain? I'm completely stable, but I take meds for depression, how long till they bust down my door and confiscated everything before shipping me to "re-education" camp?

Nope, that's between you and your doc, to break the patient-doctor confidentiality is a felony and if Obummer thinks he can do that then the body count will rise.

I'm completely stable, but I take meds for depression, how long till they bust down my door and confiscated everything before shipping me to "re-education" camp?

It's going to be tough to get thru, and if SAF and the NRA doesn't sack up and start hiring lawyers to defend it, they will essentially be selling 20 million Americans down the river because of the "icky" subject.

HIPAA is a touchy subject. Opening the door for this opens the door for everything. It's much bigger than guns, is basic privacy. Sick that it's even on the table.

Yup. Mags and evil features are smoke, mental health disqualification is coming.
"2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

So get rid of some doctor-patient confidentiality?

I am disgusted to the point where the word "disgusted" is insufficient to express my displeasure with #2.

"2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

I've worked in medicine for 7 years now, and this is unacceptable.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

I take this to mean that he is expecting that private sales will be abolished. On the other hand maybe he's going to give incentives so that people will voluntarily use a dealer. Ie) a max charge of $10 for a transfer between two parties.

It's going to be tough to get thru, and if SAF and the NRA doesn't sack up and start hiring lawyers to defend it, they will essentially be selling 20 million Americans down the river because of the "icky" subject.

HIPAA is a touchy subject. Opening the door for this opens the door for everything. It's much bigger than guns, is basic privacy. Sick that it's even on the table.

Gives them leverage over many many things (not just guns) if they get this through.

Back
Top Bottom