• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The proposed Executive Orders

Those of you saying this isn't too bad...DO NOT RELAX. We are facing threats on multiple fronts: Exec Order, Congress, Deval's bill in MA, NY's massive clusterf*ck, proposed VT AWB.

This is the beginning of a longer battle.

Very true.

Here is a statement from my House rep, head of the judiciary committee:

“House Republicans welcome the recommendations of this task force and will consider them as the House continues to examine ways to prevent tragedies like the one in Newtown. However, good intentions do not necessarily make good laws, so as we investigate the causes and search for solutions, we must ensure that any proposed solutions will actually be meaningful in preventing the taking of innocent life and that they do not trample on the rights of law-abiding citizens to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights. We will take these recommendations into consideration as we continue to conduct our own inquiries into how to prevent these tragedies from happening.”

Translation: Your proposed solution will not work BO, and it will die in my committee.

Last edited:
can deval propose a AWB for the state before that monkey in office?

Remember this is a public forum and we already have an AWB. What Devil does is up to him. I believe we will be fine. Gun grabbers really love playing that "gunshow loophole" game and they are closing that. Good, let them focus on that.

Drgrant hit the nail on the head. If this is the worst of it then The Dear Leader has fired off a squib shot. Most of these items will either be ignored by states that don't set up Obamacare insurance exchanges, are a violation of the Firearms Owners Protection Act or can be litigated to death by 2nd Amendment activists. The feeble nature of these policies is an open admission by the current regime that it can't make good on it's alarming rhetoric.

In theory anyway, Congress could simply defund any of this. If you want to see what if anything Republicans are good for then demand that they defund all of these initiatives and see if they follow through. Hold their feet to the fire and let them know you expect them to protect your inalienable rights from these kinds of assaults. Don't let the bastards off the hook. That goes for the State level as well.

No one is talking about this one

Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks

WTF does this mean

Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks

WTF does this mean

To trust Eric Holder, he is an honest man.

WTF does this mean
Easy.. to make sure only the people they WANT to have guns can get them. I remember reading about another gun control bill that made sure that "categories of individuals" were prohibited from having guns...
jewish.jpg

What is the "armor piercing ammo" all about?

Is this ammo intentionally designed to do so, or does this mean all ammo that can penetrate ordinary body armor (.223m, 7.62, etc)

What is the "armor piercing ammo" all about?

Is this ammo intentionally designed to do so, or does this mean all ammo that can penetrate ordinary body armor (.223m, 7.62, etc)

Nearly all rifle ammo pierces armor (.22LR is the only exception that quickly comes to mind, excluding pistol-caliber rifles of course), so they hope to get rid of all rifles that could possibly put up a resistance against a tyrannical government. That's what it means.

#4. Could be the Trojan horse. Make millions unable to own firearms.
Would be disqualified by changing the rules

1. speeding
2. Threats
3. Public intoxication
4. In mass OUI ( now only after 1994 is a disqual)
5. Posting on pro gun web sites

What justifies a dangerous person.

#4. Could be the Trojan horse. Make millions unable to own firearms.
Would be disqualified by changing the rules

1. speeding
2. Threats
3. Public intoxication
4. In mass OUI ( now only after 1994 is a disqual)
5. Posting on pro gun web sites

What justifies a dangerous person.

How though? Isn't the list of prohibited persons written into the law (USC 921 or 922)?

Obama can't change the law with an EO, nor can the AG (well, legally anyway)

The game is clear, bannimg evil black rifles is icing/distraction you gotta watch the mental unsuitability schemes.

They are going all out.
Also not sure. Can an EO change law or would the part of law that describes
Prohib persons have to be rewritten Just wondering the way EO was written
Direct the AG to review categories of prohibited persons

#2 "Address unnecessary legal barriers" WTF. That is one broad statement! How and why are they unnecessary? That pesky Constitution.

While I agree the mental health thing is a concern, I think the Emperor blinked on this one. He could have gone much stronger if he was confident.

To me this a positive not because I agree with this BS, but because it looks like they know their position is weaker than they would like.

This. Everyone was expecting worse / more (depending on your viewpoint), and he didn't deliver.

Texas is pretty awesome, but they haven't passed anything as far as I can tell. A firearms freedom act, with teeth, has been introduced but not yet passed.

I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong though, maybe my google-fu has failed?

This. Everyone was expecting worse / more (depending on your viewpoint), and he didn't deliver.
Yea, but that is what is bothering me. Keep in mind... if these guys are good at ANYTHING, it is being sneaky on their agenda and planting seeds that will bear rotten fruit later. These folks ARE NOT stupid, they are hardcore progressives that know how to play the long game.

Back
Top Bottom