The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

This is all a good gauge to measure how bad things will be when it all has to go underground 4, 5, 10 years from now. Ammo, parts, RDS, BUIS, everything will be 100x more than it is today and even harder to get, and possibly with a heavy prison sentence if you’re caught. They’re not making all that room in prison recently for nothing.
Yes. OP: Stack it deep because you’re going to be kicking yourself when they’ve clamped down on it and all you have is a S&W Shield in fotay and your Johnson in your hand.

Not to be a dickhead but my Uncle just bought a G17 Gen 3 for $600 on GB. Non-gouge price for a nice piece and he’s a rookie he just had about 3 months of advice from me lol. Not from MA but the point is you can find whatever you need: it’s just a matter of mitigating the price hike as much as possible and not buying from a guy behind Wendys selling an AR he says goes ‘BRRRRRT.’
That's high for a used 17 if not from MA. Normal these times, but not a deal.

The market dictates the price. Why on earth would you sell 1000 rounds of 5.56 for $300 when you can easily get $800 for it? You would literally have to be retarded to throw away $500 profit.

Exactly.

Example: If you owned a house for let's say 10 + years, and were now selling it.

You have 20+ offers at $30K to $50K over your asking price......are you going to go to the 1 guy offering you your asking price and sell to him????

Even Worse = Are you going to sell the house for what you originally paid for it ..... just to be a nice guy? (er like a brain dead pile of crap?)

...... yeah. We all know the answer to that.

Exactly.

Example: If you owned a house for let's say 10 + years, and were now selling it.

You have 20+ offers at $30K to $50K over your asking price......are you going to go to the 1 guy offering you your asking price and sell to him????

Even Worse = Are you going to sell the house for what you paid for it ..... just to be a nice guy? (er like a brain dead pile of crap?)

When you ask that question the typical reaction is "That's different, we're talking about my money!"

Exactly.

Even Worse = Are you going to sell the house for what you paid for it ..... just to be a nice guy? (er like a brain dead pile of crap?)

And in both the ammo and home examples you need to consider the replacement cost, because shops need ammo to sell and people need places to live.

547d4ea025b536aaf3dfe52a6c9a2aae.jpg

OK, I don't see it anymore but there was literally an ad for $500 per 1000 primers. That's F-R level pricing. $4-500 budget AR's going for $700 isn't what I'm calling gouging. OK, it's high but not 14X pre wu flu high. Stuff at ridiculous pricing will sit there and waste space. I guess it has value in giving NESers something to banter about besides the latest Infowars video.
Yabut those are the really good, shiny silver ones.

Exactly.

Even Worse = Are you going to sell the house for what you originally paid for it ..... just to be a nice guy? (er like a brain dead pile of crap?)

Yea but I've been writing letters to the sellers. With pictures and all that. It'll work eventually.

^ Not even kidding! The $60K over asking hasn't helped... :mad:

When I bought, cash buyers were everywhere. My buyer broker made a point to mention the whole young couple thing. Worked
It's cash everywhere right now. We were just engaged is the subject of a paragraph and a picture of us with the ring sparkling. And we're not being disingenuous. Not with today's market. Gotta really like a place to justify that kind of spending.

FWIW, I do really enjoy the fact that the older folks that bought our place are psyched about it. To the point where they're happy they lost a few homes before taking ours.

It's cash everywhere right now. We were just engaged is the subject of a paragraph and a picture of us with the ring sparkling. And we're not being disingenuous. Not with today's market. Gotta really like a place to justify that kind of spending.

FWIW, I do really enjoy the fact that the older folks that bought our place are psyched about it. To the point where they're happy they lost a few homes before taking ours.
Have you mentioned your wheelchair or you special needs nieces and nephews. Or the fact that you spend all your free time volunteering at a kicked puppy shelter? Lay it on thick lol

I'm sorry but I have a hard time feeling bad for people that bitch about gun prices on their $1200 phone or $3000 mac book. OP said... " I just spent 15K on bit coin", and likely has $200 head phones for his $800 game console.
We all spend money on what's important to us. Either you want the f***ing thing or you don't. Because even years ago, when I paid $150 for a Mossy 500 and $100 bucks on ammo, at the time, there were other things to spend money on.
There is always something expensive looming. Kids, house, vehicles, retirement. Every gun owner on this board made a decision and assigned a priority to the purchase of their firearms, ammo, training, club memberships etc. We all have bills to pay.
You may view gun ownership as a cool hobby, a social and sporting event or an integral part of home defense and personal security, maybe a combination of all of those. But I also view it as a personal responsibility to be prepared for what may come, and mostly for what I haven't even considered may come.
Yes, firearms and ammo are more expensive now, and likely to get worse. But so is everything else. That trip to Disney, golf outing, new vehicle, are all more than a year ago. But if you think about it, there are usually ways to shift expenses to cover what is important. I was spending $6 a day at Dunks on coffee. It was a ritual. I got sick of wasting money on nasty coffee and bought a machine for my office, $1.00 a day. That's about a box of ammo a week.
Most people drop 3-$5k a year on vacation. Skip it for one year, and you are well on your way to a nice gun collection.

If I had one piece of advice to give to a new gun owner on a budget, it would be airsoft. Yes, airsoft. Sig makes very realistic airsoft versions of some of their most popular firearms, with realistic trigger pulls, and weight, that are very affordable and will allow you to train for pennies per shot. Buy a 320 and an airsoft 320 to train with. Buy a MCX and an airsoft clone. Total cost about $3k and with some training and practice you can become pretty skilled. Yes, you still need to shoot some real ammo, but a lot less.
Only you can decide where your spending priorities are.

If I had one piece of advice to give to a new gun owner on a budget, it would be airsoft. Yes, airsoft. Sig makes very realistic airsoft versions of some of their most popular firearms, with realistic trigger pulls, and weight, that are very affordable and will allow you to train for pennies per shot. Buy a 320 and an airsoft 320 to train with. Buy a MCX and an airsoft clone. Total cost about $3k and with some training and practice you can become pretty skilled. Yes, you still need to shoot some real ammo, but a lot less.
Only you can decide where your spending priorities are.

Good advice. There are decent options in pellet rifles / pistols as well. Mrs. Mountain gave me a Springfield M1A pellet rifle to practice offhand. Weighs 9 lbs, wood stock & same dimensions as the real one. Wish it had a 2-stage trigger, but works well enough and my offhand scores have climbed since using it. If I want to subscribe to the equivalent ammo cost since using it, it's paid for itself at least twice already.

Back
Top Bottom