• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

What kind of communist nonsense is this? Unless you just got your LTC in the last year you have ZERO excuses.
Ignoring COVID this was still an election year. Piss poor planning.
Regardless of the election year, the prices are simply outrageous, Like comically high numbers,
God forbid you wanna actually buy a gun. Shit outta luck for most of us.

Regardless of the election year, the prices are simply outrageous, Like comically high numbers,
Not anybody's problem but your own. Honestly I've bought probably two dozen firearms since the start of COVID and still shoot them all. Am I shooting them as much as I like? Nope. But I'm still shooting.
The summer of riots, election, pandemic both real and exaggerated, economic turmoil all added in with over ten million new gun owners and a new year of hostile administrative laws. Yet you're surprised the prices of something have quadrupled?

His point is that it's supply and demand.

If you're right, and enough other buyers agree with you, the price will come down or the product won't sell. Just takes a little time.

Prebans have always been expensive. If that's what you're saving for, you're not paying much of a premium right now. It's the lower-end stuff that tends to be stratospherically priced. But you can always make an offer and see what happens, or post a WTB with a desired price range.

oh. And Welcome to NES! Posting a thread that complains about capitalism is likely to be a real nice introduction for ya! [popcorn]

Can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh you want x gun? good luck. get on the list. we'll call you when it's in, but expect to pay a premium."
MSRP is now a pipedream

Yep, you heard me.
Save up for a couple months for a barely decent pre ban, and that's if you have a GOOD job.
What, are we dealing with Prussian Franks? Shit is ridiculous.

Jokes.
Really depends: ammo can be had , yeah prices are up but if you look and jump on it when you find it. Now from this point going forward IF/When you can afford ammo again now you know to buy 3x as much you will shoot , reload or both.
Try this
Gping to the range Sunday going to shoot 100 rounds buy 300 on friday.
Following friday but 300 more shoot 100 on sunday. You already have 400 rounds in reserve. Keep that up and buy ammo when you can.

now if your talking about NES listings.
I had no problem selling all my unwanted ammo last year for a great price for me and the buyer.

Can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh you want x gun? good luck. get on the list. we'll call you when it's in, but expect to pay a premium."
MSRP is now a pipedream
Yes and as a part time FFL with decent stock and access still compared to a great many full time stores I can say, so?
We are a year plus later and there are still essentially ZERO guns for sale from distribution on the open market. Everything is getting rationed out. I get basically a call every 2ish days from distribution telling me what I can have. So shops (especially ones with real overhead unlike myself) are being forced to make up the difference some where. Sounds like you just really want to complain about supply and demand.

It's supply and demand.

There are no new "pre-ban" guns obviously, nor are people excited to let them go with the current political and social climate, so the supply is capped, and dwindling at that. Ammo manufacturers can barely keep up with orders in major calibers, the riots have increased demand, and the restrictions have increased material and labor costs, while slowing importation down... plus two major ammo companies have changed hands during the economic twists and turns of the past 14 months.

If you're late to the party, and didn't turn 21 in the last year, I echo the sentiment that you have no excuse. Many of the shooters on here came of age during the 94 ban, and plenty (based on join date) came to NES during the Obama years - never mind joining post-Healy. Crazy markets happen often enough; now you know going forward that when there's a calm period, you should stack high and stack deep.

Me, I was thankful to pay a premium on preban items as a new shooter in MA, because that meant being able to buy and own them. In the mean time, plenty of serviceable, post-ban, compliant weapons are available, and you'll note that they too command a premium at the moment. If you want to blame anyone, blame the government, and the other people like yourself who didn't bother to buy sooner.

This is just another case of people fighting over the last loaf of bread and package of D-cell batteries on the eve of the storm.

Really depends: ammo can be had , yeah prices are up but if you look and jump on it when you find it. Now from this point going forward IF/When you can afford ammo again now you know to buy 3x as much you will shoot , reload or both.
Try this
Gping to the range Sunday going to shoot 100 rounds buy 300 on friday.
Following friday but 300 more shoot 100 on sunday. You already have 400 rounds in reserve. Keep that up and buy ammo when you can.
I agree with you, but I'm more pointing at like "normal" guns and pre bans.

Amazon shopping has made people so lazy. I’ve bought a gun a month since November. No wait, no real up charge. Do more than walk into a dealer you have zero relationship with and demand a Glock and a preban and you’ll absolutely find what you’re looking for.
It's not finding it that's a problem, it's the cost compared to real street value. Like, look at the prices Gun Parlor have been giving basically anything that shoots. I can't even believe the numbers I'm seeing. It's like crypto.

I would agree the prices in the used market are crazy right now but that's the market, I see SR22s going for north of 500 bucks easily. I think what you have to keep in mind is a lot of gun owners, especially newer ones aren't savvy with gun values. I do feel bad for new gun owners, it's a real shitty time to get into this. One of the girls in my office finally made her first purchase last fall, I helped her out with ammo but she had a hard time finding what she was looking for, it's just gotten worse since then.

Last edited:
It's not finding it that's a problem, it's the cost compared to real street value. Like, look at the prices Gun Parlor have been giving basically anything that shoots. I can't even believe the numbers I'm seeing. It's like crypto.
Kind of my point. You don’t understand the market, haven’t done your research and don’t know where to find deals. I bought 15k in crypto last week. Because it was on sale. The time you’re about to spend for the next two hours whining on the internet, you could use to find the gun you want for the price you want.

I'm not saying yall aren't right, I'm just saying that the current state of affairs is just the worst.

Didn't meant to come off too salty, just pointing out, the entire mid-90s-00s, post-9/11 especially, the entire Obama years, the post-Healy period, and the CRE (Covid/Riots/Elections period...) to a shooter who's been doing this for a decade or two or three, we've all had at least a couple "Damn, the market is TERRIBLE" moments. Take it as a learning experience, and be thankful someone is willing to part with their guns and ammo so you can have some yourself, regardless of the price.

Believe me, dealers can't get guns to sell you and have crap margins to begin with. Individual sellers might not even want to sell, but need to... or might not be selling at all, and thus reducing supply, if it weren't for the market incentive of higher pricing.

Back
Top Bottom