• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

The only reason I am saving money because KAC shit is full retard now, otherwise there are a few more additions I need/want.

OP ever decides he wants to put together or buy a KAC, he would stroke out.
I've got a KAC lower waiting for a KAC upper someday, but for now its sitting well with Larue

Inflation/wages should really help!..I haven't noticed prices being that insane at store I go.to..I mean it's not crazy like 10-15 tears ago with rebates and free extra mags with guns everywhere and sales....obama specials!

What's wrong with calling out the greedy price gougers?

It's the bit where you call them "greedy price gougers".

We all know that there are pedestal sinks and flobert rifles that will sit for ever during normal times, but supply and demand dictate the pricing, and increased market price benefits the consumer in these situations, by acting as encouragement for private sellers to actually bring items to the market when they are otherwise encouraged not to. The flip side of the coin is that the price is increasing because people are willing to pay it.

When manufacturing and distribution can't keep up with demand, prices rise. A lot of people selling used guns now as individuals probably wouldn't offer them for sale (especially with COVID, Riots, Elections - and potential legislation) if it weren't for the increase in prices incentivising them to sell... the "gougers" may seem greedy, but they're also the ones who show up to fill the hole in the supply side of the equation. If the prices stayed low a lot of private sellers would say "screw it, I've got mine" and not put their weapons up for sale at all. If buyers weren't willing to pay increased pricing, the prices would simply drop. No need for name calling.

Seeing $400 budget ARs (c. 2019) going for $700+ now right from the wholesale dealers - and those are current production, with supply still being created - is it so crazy that a $1500 (c. 2019) preban AR, where the supply can only decrease, is going for about double as well? Add to that the number of people getting unsolicited $600-1400 checks every so often, or $3-600/wk boosts to unemployment... I'm surprised prices aren't higher. Also shocked that preban mags have only fluctuated by $10-20 bucks.

His point is that it's supply and demand.

If you're right, and enough other buyers agree with you, the price will come down or the product won't sell. Just takes a little time.

Prebans have always been expensive. If that's what you're saving for, you're not paying much of a premium right now. It's the lower-end stuff that tends to be stratospherically priced. But you can always make an offer and see what happens, or post a WTB with a desired price range.

oh. And Welcome to NES! Posting a thread that complains about capitalism is likely to be a real nice introduction for ya! [popcorn]
He might be in for a short stay😂😂😂 wait till he asks a AWB question or prefers the low ready

I’ve been talking to an Army family member and the stupid pricing is all over.
I would have shit myself at the current prices when I got into this habit.

It's the bit where you call them "greedy price gougers".

We all know that there are pedestal sinks and flobert rifles that will sit for ever during normal times, but supply and demand dictate the pricing, and increased market price benefits the consumer in these situations, by acting as encouragement for private sellers to actually bring items to the market when they are otherwise encouraged not to. The flip side of the coin is that the price is increasing because people are willing to pay it.

When manufacturing and distribution can't keep up with demand, prices rise. A lot of people selling used guns now as individuals probably wouldn't offer them for sale (especially with COVID, Riots, Elections - and potential legislation) if it weren't for the increase in prices incentivising them to sell... the "gougers" may seem greedy, but they're also the ones who show up to fill the hole in the supply side of the equation. If the prices stayed low a lot of private sellers would say "screw it, I've got mine" and not put their weapons up for sale at all. If buyers weren't willing to pay increased pricing, the prices would simply drop. No need for name calling.

Seeing $400 budget ARs (c. 2019) going for $700+ now right from the wholesale dealers - and those are current production, with supply still being created - is it so crazy that a $1500 (c. 2019) preban AR, where the supply can only decrease, is going for about double as well? Add to that the number of people getting unsolicited $600-1400 checks every so often, or $3-600/wk boosts to unemployment... I'm surprised prices aren't higher. Also shocked that preban mags have only fluctuated by $10-20 bucks.

OK, I don't see it anymore but there was literally an ad for $500 per 1000 primers. That's F-R level pricing. $4-500 budget AR's going for $700 isn't what I'm calling gouging. OK, it's high but not 14X pre wu flu high. Stuff at ridiculous pricing will sit there and waste space. I guess it has value in giving NESers something to banter about besides the latest Infowars video.

OK, I don't see it anymore but there was literally an ad for $500 per 1000 primers. That's F-R level pricing. $4-500 budget AR's going for $700 isn't what I'm calling gouging. OK, it's high but not 14X pre wu flu high. Stuff at ridiculous pricing will sit there and waste space. I guess it has value in giving NESers something to banter about besides the latest Infowars video.

The craziest I've seen yet are the WASRs in the 1800-2k range. That's just surreal.

Now, if they stay that high for longer than two bumps, then the sellers are just being tone-deaf as well as greedy.

The craziest I've seen yet are the WASRs in the 1800-2k range. That's just surreal.

Now, if they stay that high for longer than two bumps, then the sellers are just being tone-deaf as well as greedy.
Careful, you'll upset the natives with talk like that!

lord-of-the-flies.jpg

Market supply and demand. You got guys on here that have bumped guns/ammo 10+ times and it hasn't sold and quite frankly you're really not interested in selling it. You got stuff that sells within 10 minutes of posting,

If it sells within a few days it's priced accordingly.
If it's still here since 2019, it's not....

I haven't read the classifieds in a long time. This is the kind of pricing I am used to these days down south.

1620084963993.png

I like this shop. It's a 90min drive but worth it. If they don't have a firearms related item I am looking for in stock, I can browse the pawn side of the house. I am not interseted in any of these sale guns but am curious what the NES brain trust thinks about the prices. They seem good to me.

See, now you're getting it... Lizard people. I promise they eat magnum primers and shit vaccines.

Want a .22 to barely protect...anything?
500 bucks easy.

I haven't read the classifieds in a long time. This is the kind of pricing I am used to these days down south.

View attachment 479080

I like this shop. It's a 90min drive but worth it. If they don't have a firearms related item I am looking for in stock, I can browse the pawn side of the house. I am not interseted in any of these sale guns but am curious what the NES brain trust thinks about the prices. They seem good to me.
I doubt any of these are in stock or get sold out in a day.

I’ve had some good deals lately. Snagged a minty H&R .410 for $125 and I’m really eye banging a Colt Police Positive in my LGS for $400.
I will admit I think $500 is high for a CZ52, but maybe not.

No interest in pre bans or ARs but they’ve always seemed to be high for what they are. Do your research or change what you’re looking for.

I doubt any of these are in stock or get sold out in a day.
Maybe they sell out quickly but the shop has a solid reputation so I expect that they have inventory when they send out a mailing. I picked up 20 standard capacity AR15 mags that were advertised every week for a month @ $40 for quantity 5. Pre-covid, prices were just slightly better than was I was used to in New England. I just had so many more choices. I have not noticed gouching in shops or private sales. But, i haven't been shopping for ammo either.

Y'all act like OP's asking for price regulation or subsidized firearms. What's wrong with calling out the greedy price gougers? Yes, they are free to list their wares at ridiculous prices. They are also fair game for non-specific ridicule when sh!t's listed at stupid prices and just clogging up the classifieds. Stay tuned for...

Bump. Price drop.
Bump. Price drop.
Bump. Price drop.
Bump. Price drop.
Bump. Price drop.
Does this mean I cant keep listing my SW lemon squeezer for $350
Its mass compliant with a grip safety and 10+lb trigger and non high capacity ammo

Maybe they sell out quickly but the shop has a solid reputation so I expect that they have inventory when they send out a mailing. I picked up 20 standard capacity AR15 mags that were advertised every week for a month @ $40 for quantity 5. Pre-covid, prices were just slightly better than was I was used to in New England. I just had so many more choices. I have not noticed gouching in shops or private sales. But, i haven't been shopping for ammo either.
I was surprised how much AR crap Cape Gun Works had a week ago. I did not see any prices that made me go “you f***ing thieves”

I’ve had some good deals lately. Snagged a minty H&R .410 for $125 and I’m really eye banging a Colt Police Positive in my LGS for $400.
I will admit I think $500 is high for a CZ52, but maybe not.

No interest in pre bans or ARs but they’ve always seemed to be high for what they are. Do your research or change what you’re looking for.
It is a lot of fun shopping when you really don't need anything. The unique finds can make your day.

Yep, you heard me.
Save up for a couple months for a barely decent pre ban, and that's if you have a GOOD job.
What, are we dealing with Prussian Franks? Shit is ridiculous.

Jokes.
So you joined the forum on 4/14/21 , ya got 25 posts so far , many of which are bitching about ammo and gun prices, and your one and only feedback is negative ? Sounds to me like your a cocky tool who wakes up every hating the world. People have a right to ask whatever money they think they can get for a gun item. Doesn't matter if it's reasonable or ass rape, it's their item to sell. Don't like the asking price just move along. Pretty simple concept. You should have been proactive like me and bought lot's of guns and ammo and reloading components during the Trump era.

This could be the “i dont really want to sell price but if someone takes at that price its gone”
I sold several rifles obama sale II , I just had people I know calling me. “I will give you $1800 for this, will you take $1500 for that , $2000 for the one with chrome barrel.
I needed to do a lot of house work so I capitalized on it. In the end I was able to fix what needed to fix and ended up buying a few more usful rifles a few years later when prices came down

Not to be a dickhead but my Uncle just bought a G17 Gen 3 for $600 on GB. Non-gouge price for a nice piece and he’s a rookie he just had about 3 months of advice from me lol. Not from MA but the point is you can find whatever you need: it’s just a matter of mitigating the price hike as much as possible and not buying from a guy behind Wendys selling an AR he says goes ‘BRRRRRT.’

This is all a good gauge to measure how bad things will be when it all has to go underground 4, 5, 10 years from now. Ammo, parts, RDS, BUIS, everything will be 100x more than it is today and even harder to get, and possibly with a heavy prison sentence if you’re caught. They’re not making all that room in prison recently for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom