The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beats having $2k and no generator.

Let's say Sandy passed by with a mild wind and a half-inch rain, the guy who took on a loan to buy these $500 generators had to unload them for $400. Would his neighbors be charitable to buy them at $500 just so the guy didn't lose his shirt?

Free market means parties on both sides of deal get benefit, and neither is coerced into the contract. How hard is that to understand?

EXACTLY.

If the retail price was $500 - and this guy was sitting on a garage full of generators he couldn't unload - even if they were new - nobody would buy them from him for full retail.

"I'm not paying YOU $500 - I can get it from generator store for $500 - I'll give you $400 for it"

Swung by kittery trading post to attempt to find more 9mm. No luck but they did have just about every other caliber there( mostly high end no plinking stuff)

swung by dicks sporting goods in newington for fun to see what they had left... They had 2 boxes of remmington 9mm 50rd for 59.99 each!!

CCI Blazer Brass @ ~ $500/1000 on Gunbroker
CCI SP primers $ 80/1000 + $5 shipping
M855 over $ 1.10/rd
PMC Bronze .223 $1+/rd

WTF???

After the on-hand stocks in Europe have been sold I don't see any reloading components
making it over the pond for quite a while.

Geez, glad I bought low (before the craze). Wonder if I should sell high so I can buy even more after all this sh*t storm is over.

I don't own any rifle in .223, only a Contender. Those 500 rds of PMC Bronze I've got sitting in the bunker,
along with some South African surplus, will last me for a while.
Luckily I'm in pretty good shape on all calibers I shoot on a regular basis, same for primers, brass and bullets.

CCI Blazer Brass @ ~ $500/1000 on Gunbroker
CCI SP primers $ 80/1000 + $5 shipping
M855 over $ 1.10/rd
PMC Bronze .223 $1+/rd

WTF???

After the on-hand stocks in Europe have been sold I don't see any reloading components
making it over the pond for quite a while.
"Powder Alarm 2013"

Geez, glad I bought low (before the craze). Wonder if I should sell high so I can buy even more after all this sh*t storm is over.

I'm really tempted, personally. I'm doing a group buy of Code Reds for the local gun board here, and I'm wondering if picking up a few to flip on GB would be worth the hassle.

$450 is fair now, right? ;)

I don't own any rifle in .223, only a Contender. Those 500 rds of PMC Bronze I've got sitting in the bunker,
along with some South African surplus, will last me for a while.
Luckily I'm in pretty good shape on all calibers I shoot on a regular basis, same for primers, brass and bullets.

someone at my range had a .223 contender the other day... doesn't fool around. sweet little gun, lots of bang in a little package. i liked it

Jesus...im debating selling my Yugo 7.62 again, the stuff ppl wouldnt pay for before but now...who knows...

Also...how bout that 1200 sks in the classifieds? Fckn serious?

someone at my range had a .223 contender the other day... doesn't fool around. sweet little gun, lots of bang in a little package. i liked it

Not quite a "little" gun, lol. Mine is a 14" STS bbl. There are 10" oct. barrels in .30-30[devil2] .44 Mag, .357 Mag, 9 Luger & .22 lr as well.
Lotsa fun once I shoot .22 lr and another guy wants to try, not noticing that the barrel has just been swapped to .30-30[rofl]

The prices for pmags on gunbroker are absolutely INSANE right now. I'm almost afraid to see what any available M855 or M193 is going for.

The prices for pmags on gunbroker are absolutely INSANE right now. I'm almost afraid to see what any available M855 or M193 is going for.

Not as bad as last night. $60-70 each isn't high right now. Sad to say that but it's true. M855... lol. Just wait till April when GunRaper is flooded with cheap goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom