• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Is Going Broke And Moving To Texas

Can't the NRA Board of Directors call for Lapierre resignation if they want?
Have you written or called the members of the Board to make your wishes known?
Do you vote on whom the BOD comprises?
The members of the board are hand picked by Wayne .
Like our political elections you can vote all you want but it's his buds that are getting the job.
Which is why you would have a better chance of getting rid of herpes than booting him till he's dead or decides to leave.

It strikes me that all the bloviating about the wonders that the NRA has performed; it seems that they were done years ago.
A lot of talk about the '70's and '80's, very little about the miracles the NRA has accomplished in recent past years.
It seems parallel to the time Waynes snout became buried deeper into the board and the purse.
If the NRA lapdogs on this forum were to think about it (I know, thinking gets in the way of blind loyalty) they'd ask "Why are thousands leaving the NRA? Why are they having financial problems? Why are they pimping Chinese merchandise with their logo on it?
As a 40 year member and multidiscipline NRA instructor and competitive shooter, why am I disgusted and not planning on renewing? Why do I feel this way?
Maybe the NRA's betrayal of their original mission and core purpose for existing. Ya think?
When I lived in MA, I took part in many GOAL events, post Yacino, and enrolled in training classes with Jon and Darius, and enjoyed their dedication..
I now support the AZCDL, our GOAL equivalent.

Yes, GOAL is fighting a rear-guard action. The best they can do is to slow things down and sometimes point out patently obvious lunacy. No matter how good GOAL is, there is little they can do when the majority of the legislators are anti-gun.

Comm2a sues the Commonwealth and it is only in federal court that we have a chance of victory.
One advantage we do have now, that we didn't have back in 1976 when People vs. Handguns launched a blitzkrieg on our 2A rights, is instant communication via email, podcasts and other social media. NRA, GOAL, JPFO, GOA and other pro-2A groups can sound the alarm and reach millions of gun owners very quickly.

It strikes me that all the bloviating about the wonders that the NRA has performed; it seems that they were done years ago.
A lot of talk about the '70's and '80's, very little about the miracles the NRA has accomplished in recent past years.
It seems parallel to the time Waynes snout became buried deeper into the board and the purse.
If the NRA lapdogs on this forum were to think about it (I know, thinking gets in the way of blind loyalty) they'd ask "Why are thousands leaving the NRA? Why are they having financial problems? Why are they pimping Chinese merchandise with their logo on it?
As a 40 year member and multidiscipline NRA instructor and competitive shooter, why am I disgusted and not planning on renewing? Why do I feel this way?
Maybe the NRA's betrayal of their original mission and core purpose for existing. Ya think?
When I lived in MA, I took part in many GOAL events, post Yacino, and enrolled in training classes with Jon and Darius, and enjoyed their dedication..
The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when they screwed around with constitutional carry in both Florida and New Hampshire.
A gun rights org trying to tank what's best for their members.
One might get the impression they are looking out for their interests , not ours.

Holy crap all you are doing is just bloviating like someone on bad mushrooms. One I never made the post you fantasized about while on your bad trip and two for the 10th time read the facts of the Bruen case and who funded it and whose lawyers were involved in it. And to be clear your incoherent ramblings aren't impressing me.
Really? Still stuck on insult instead of argument? Perhaps you should take a breath and think through your answer.

You don't remember making the post about the NRA "carrying the day"? Here, let me quote it for you, #74 in this thread.
You have been supplied with factual cases of where the NRA has carried the day yet you still provide nothing factual in return and still continue to parrot the exact same points that the anti-2A crown spews.​

WRT to the Bruen case, I am very familiar with it, but you seem to be unable to comprehend that my conclusions are different from yours. That isn't bloviating (and, let's be honest, if there's any bloviating going on, it's important to remember that I'm not the one who keeps dropping 1000 word posts all over the board).

So, let's try again. YOU keep making the point that the NRA "carried the day", but after being asked to justify it, you are now at least 5 posts and multiple insults deep without addressing it, to where it seems you're either refusing or unable to do so. Step up and take another shot. Try to stay civil. And, just to be clear, I'm not particularly concerned if you're "impressed". You'll need to get to the point where I would have a lot more respect for your opinions than you have currently managed to generate.

Last edited:
Always good to read unbiased reporting from a hard right news source so it MUST be right.....
Normally I would agree with that statement but they are quoting a former employee and providing facts and figures. It is a fact revenues are down and spending on training is down. It is a fact that this is a result of the exorbitant legal bills. The truth is what it is even if you don’t like the truth or who is telling it

Just food for thought, but there is more to the NRA than just 2A legislative issues.
The biggest recipients are your local ranges. They get grants for design and construction, updates, affordable insurance, training materials, etc.
Yes, Wayne sucks. We all agree on that. But he's a miniscule part of the entire organization.

The NRA needs to survive- the alternative is one less lobby for us and the leftists will point to thier total collapse as some sort of victory

The NRA needs to survive- the alternative is one less lobby for us and the leftists will point to their total collapse as some sort of victory
I agree. It does need to survive... but in a reformed "post-Wayne" incarnation. It has to happen, but how it is going to happen when Wayne and his hand-picked people control everything? Even if/when Wayne ever kicks or retires... his people are still going to be there. It's a very big problem without any sort of path out of the mess that I can envision.

For now, my answer is supporting ALL of the alternative pro-2A groups on an incentive/merit basis. The NRA gets nothing until I start to see some serious movement away from a "Wayne-based" NRA to something legit, productive and positive.

I agree. It does need to survive... but in a reformed "post-Wayne" incarnation. It has to happen, but how it is going to happen when Wayne and his hand-picked people control everything? Even if/when Wayne ever kicks or retires... his people are still going to be there. It's a very big problem without any sort of path out of the mess that I can envision.

For now, my answer is supporting ALL of the alternative pro-2A groups on an incentive/merit basis. The NRA gets nothing until I start to see some serious movement away from a "Wayne-based" NRA to something legit, productive and positive.
I feel the same way. Keep applying the financial pressure until real change happens. I'm sick and tired of words. I want results for my money!

You just were presented with everything NRA ha accomplished including training, education, certified instructors, local GOAL advocacy, SCOTUS case funding, ad infinitum. Are you blind, deaaf, or just dumb?

Like a typical skinflint, keep cutting off your nose to spite your face

You just were presented with everything NRA ha accomplished including training, education, certified instructors, local GOAL advocacy, SCOTUS case funding, ad infinitum. Are you blind, deaaf, or just dumb?

Like a typical skinflint, keep cutting off your nose to spite your face
Skinflint? 30 bucks for annual dues means horseshit to me. Won't even cover a couple of rounds of drinks plus tip. It's the principle of the thing. Can NRA be turned around? Absolutely. Look what Lee Iacocca did for Chrysler. But a certain element will have to be removed from lofty positions within the organization. Until that happens, it will be business as usual.

You want to really ruffle feathers... Talk about how the NRA was still sucking Trump off while he rammed through bump stock bans, confiscation without compensation, supported red flag laws (take the guns now, due process later.....maybe), supported "universal background checks" - a back door to banning private sales, and reallocated some of the CDC's funding to study gun violence, to be used as justification for future restrictions.

Oh how soon we forget...

View: https://youtu.be/z4J8iJwXqWo?feature=shared

View: https://youtu.be/yxgybgEKHHI?feature=shared

This is what the NRA of today stands for.... No thanks..

Last edited:
Grab your favorite beverage, put your feet up and peruse this, locked for good reason, thread. It is now a historical document in MA 2A organizations.

Skimmed over the first link.

I totally forgot….

Back in the early 2000’s I paid for an ad (had a tactical supply biz). I submitted a 1/4 page ad (I had paid to make up), sent it in with a check for a few hundred and it was NEVER published.

I was pissed for a few years and let it slide (considered it a donation).

Now I’m upset again, not at GOAL (I’m a member) but at Mike.

I sold him a bunch of mags for resale a few years ago. And now I’m steaming (made me come to him and got a check)

Boy, between 0 and 1/hr per week, those board members are under a lot of pressure....
Yup, pretty difficult to exercise your fiduciary responsibilities when you don’t devote very much time and attention. Also consider That many successful public companies have boards of 15 or 21. 75 is unmanageable… maybe that’s by design since nra directors don’t really direct much at all.

I’ll just let everybody see the 2022 NRA IRS FORM 990.
Nice financial performance there, NRA. [rofl]
  • Dow drops ~8% in 2022. NRA investment income drops 53%, as does their net assets.
  • Total revenue drops 9.3%. Total expenses climb 7.3%.
  • Contributions and grants drop 15%. Salaries jump 12%.
Their total revenue is only slightly higher than the business I and my boss are responsible for. We'd get fired if expenses were flat against a drop in revenue like that, let alone over 7% higher. Also salaries NEVER EVER jump 12% in a single year. I think the highest in the best year would be +4% on average- with some positions slightly higher and some slightly lower to flat.

So what happened to their investment income? That one smells...

Back
Top Bottom