• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Is Going Broke And Moving To Texas

If you can afford to donate such generous amounts of cash, more power to you. Wife and I give what we can to help GOAL. Putting two kids through college was a challenge. We were never rich and did suffer some financial setbacks along the way, including a bitter strike at my company and loss of my wife's job at her company. Took a very long to bounce back. That is why it really pisses me off when people in positions of great trust (like LaPierre) just cavalierly squander our dues money with no accountability whatsoever. Some may consider him to be some type of hero, but he is nothing more than an embezzler as far as I am concerned. The sooner he is shown the door the better.
I have walked the same walk. We all have tough choices along the way. Nobody I know believes LaPierre is a hero but we all believe in the sum of all parts. Please have that conversation with GOAL and lets talk again after that conversation takes place.

Are you wearing all of your Made in China NRA swag today because you sure are flying the NRA flag for Wayne. I will not.
In case you can’t see it thru your rose colored glasses I’m a green member here.
I was GOAL as a MA resident and I’m still supporting GOA, SAM and GOME.
We are all green members are we not? The fact is not singular but plural in nature that over 95% of gun owners do squat for the cause.

Are you wearing all of your Made in China NRA swag today because you sure are flying the NRA flag for Wayne. I will not.
In case you can’t see it thru your rose colored glasses I’m a green member here.
I was GOAL as a MA resident and I’m still supporting GOA, SAM and GOME.
Hopefully you understood my 95% statement was a sad commentary as to how little gun owners do to support 2A rights and not singularly directed at you.

Rose colored glasses, hardly, I am the biggest cynic you will ever meet. I am on record as believing the US is likely past the tipping point. I also believe NRA bashing plays into the hands of those out to destroy the 2A.

Hopefully you understood my 95% statement was a sad commentary as to how little gun owners do to support 2A rights and not singularly directed at you.

Rose colored glasses, hardly, I am the biggest cynic you will ever meet. I am on record as believing the US is likely past the tipping point. I also believe NRA bashing plays into the hands of those out to destroy the 2A.
I looked at it differently. It looked aimed at me.
Carry on but I’m not paying for Wayne’s shit. Not one thread, not one dry cleaning invoice.
If the NRA does go down that I find rather hard to swallow it will be on Wayne, not me or anyone else who finds what he’s doing disgusting.

Carry on but I’m not paying for Wayne’s shit. Not one thread, not one dry cleaning invoice.
If the NRA does go down that I find rather hard to swallow it will be on Wayne, not me or anyone else who finds what he’s doing disgusting.
My apologies offered then, I thought it was a stand alone sentence.

Again, I know of nobody who defends Wayne but the bigger picture is the NRA must survive somehow.

And, NRA membership is falling yet GOA membership can't break 2 million. Millions of gun owners continuing to sit on their arses. If the 2A goes up in smoke, and its a very real possibility, gun owners must accept some of the blame for it happening.

And, NRA membership is falling yet GOA membership can't break 2 million. Millions of gun owners continuing to sit on their arses. If the 2A goes up in smoke, and its a very real possibility, gun owners must accept some of the blame for it happening.
I got nothing.
I do what I can control.

Anyone supporting 2A causes I give them a few coins.
Same here... 👍 ... no pro-2A organization is left out. But like I've said before, I donate monthly 100% on a merit basis. You were successful against the anti-2A pols this past month... you get my money. You did nothing... you get nothing this month. I wish more folks would consider that merit-based approach.

I have walked the same walk. We all have tough choices along the way. Nobody I know believes LaPierre is a hero but we all believe in the sum of all parts. Please have that conversation with GOAL and lets talk again after that conversation takes place.
Could have been an intelligence glitch. This happened almost half a century ago. The only social media I had access to was a cheap 23 channel AM-only CB radio. Didn't get my Ham ticket until about a decade later. Maybe NRA underestimated the resolve of People vs. Handguns. The local R&G clubs didn’t have any counterprotesters visible at the shopping malls while the signatures were being collected. At least I didn't see any. Bottom line: that damned question should never have made it to the ballot, period!

Could have been an intelligence glitch. This happened almost half a century ago. The only social media I had access to was a cheap 23 channel AM-only CB radio. Didn't get my Ham ticket until about a decade later. Maybe NRA underestimated the resolve of People vs. Handguns. The local R&G clubs didn’t have any counterprotesters visible at the shopping malls while the signatures were being collected. At least I didn't see any. Bottom line: that damned question should never have made it to the ballot, period!
Don't forget the NRA was a gun safety/gun training organization for many years. They didn't even form political action groups, lobbying groups and the like until 1975 into 1976. Even then it took some time to build up those groups.

I would be less concerned if the 2.2 million members that left the NRA went to GOA and increased their membership to over 4 million. But that's not what has happened. The NRAs membership has dropped and GOA has remained static. This means less money in the coffers for the battle and its a bad trend and must be reversed. The rabid dog NRA bashing makes it even worse and has created a cut off your nose to spite your face dilemma and really hurts all of us at the end of the day.

You have been supplied with factual cases of where the NRA has carried the day yet you still provide nothing factual in return and still continue to parrot the exact same points that the anti-2A crown spews. All you keep repeating is your opinion, which is your right but don't pretend the data you have been shown doesn't exist. May I ask you, and the other NRA bashers what positives you believe come out from parroting the NRA bashers and how exactly it is helpful in terms of the bigger battle. Also what 2A rights organization do you belong to.
That is a significant overreach. The factual cases you keep citing are where the NRA may or may not have participated, but I haven't seen much (any?) presented where they were the ones who "carried the day".

I guess at the end of the day I am in the minority as I have considered the Bruen decision to be one of the most important and far reaching decisions ever to be decided by SCOTUS. Carried by and financed by the NRA.
Really? You think the NY sportsman article you posted says they "carried" it?

That is a significant overreach. The factual cases you keep citing are where the NRA may or may not have participated, but I haven't seen much (any?) presented where they were the ones who "carried the day".

Really? You think the NY sportsman article you posted says they "carried" it?
I have posted no such article.

Your ignorance of the Bruen case speaks volumes BTW.

I have posted no such article.
So I confused you with someone else. You think that's a meaningful contribution to the discussion? More to the point, you think that level of deflection will make people forget that you're ignoring the question at the end of that quote?

Your ignorance of the Bruen case speaks volumes BTW.
One would think that in your 70 years you would have learned that assuming disagreement equals ignorance is simply indicative that you're not really making as pithy an observation as you think you are. And, again more to the point, do you think that insult as opposed to argument will convince anyone of anything other that your obvious prejudices?

Makes you wonder what he's afraid of the next captain finding, aside of what we already know!
Nothing. If the dude is not removed is because certain people don't want him removed. All the top layers are rotten. So the new guy won't find anything because he won't look.

That is my guess.

I hate I had to become a member to join the latest club I became a memebr of recently. Bullsh*t having to give them money.

1700158092086.png
1700158157080.png
We are indeed fortunate that enough people saw the entire effort to disarm the citizenry measure as the fraud and very real threat to the personal safety of both them and their loved ones as it in fact was.

Apparently 1,669,945 citizens were not successfully gaslighted by the anti-2-A crowd.......... a fact which no doubt came as a rather unpleasant surprise to those individuals who thought that they had prevailed even before the ballots were counted.

A brief wonder thru the daily news headlines would lead a reasonable person to conclude that the major cities in this country are quickly approaching the point where they have become unlivable.........and the question for the anti-2-A proponents remains the same:

1700159586913.png 1700159637311.png

Last edited:
So I confused you with someone else. You think that's a meaningful contribution to the discussion? More to the point, you think that level of deflection will make people forget that you're ignoring the question at the end of that quote?

One would think that in your 70 years you would have learned that assuming disagreement equals ignorance is simply indicative that you're not really making as pithy an observation as you think you are. And, again more to the point, do you think that insult as opposed to argument will convince anyone of anything other that your obvious prejudices?
If I never made the post then one would wonder how I would have a meaningful discussion about it.....one would think.....o_O

If I never made the post then one would wonder how I would have a meaningful discussion about it.....one would think.....o_O
To quote the other question asked in that post:
"That is a significant overreach. The factual cases you keep citing are where the NRA may or may not have participated, but I haven't seen much (any?) presented where they were the ones who "carried the day"."​

As you are absolutely the one who has claimed that the NRA "carried the day", why do you think you are unable to defend or discuss it.

I get it. Documenting facts that could support your position is so much more tedious that stating unsupported opinions. But since you seem to have no problem generating multiple short-story-length posts, one might think you would take the shot. Am I giving you more credit than I should for assuming you able to debate, as opposed to bluster?

To quote the other question asked in that post:
"That is a significant overreach. The factual cases you keep citing are where the NRA may or may not have participated, but I haven't seen much (any?) presented where they were the ones who "carried the day"."​

As you are absolutely the one who has claimed that the NRA "carried the day", why do you think you are unable to defend or discuss it.

I get it. Documenting facts that could support your position is so much more tedious that stating unsupported opinions. But since you seem to have no problem generating multiple short-story-length posts, one might think you would take the shot. Am I giving you more credit than I should for assuming you able to debate, as opposed to bluster?
Holy crap all you are doing is just bloviating like someone on bad mushrooms. One I never made the post you fantasized about while on your bad trip and two for the 10th time read the facts of the Bruen case and who funded it and whose lawyers were involved in it. And to be clear your incoherent ramblings aren't impressing me.

Nothing. If the dude is not removed is because certain people don't want him removed. All the top layers are rotten. So the new guy won't find anything because he won't look.

That is my guess.

I hate I had to become a member to join the latest club I became a memebr of recently. Bullsh*t having to give them money.
Agreed. And very likely his eventual replacement is already known, who will just continue on with business as usual.

Granted this is an anti gun group but I use this because it shows clearly how deeply rooted the NRA was with Bruen.

NRA and GOAL did some great things back in the day. That doesn't change the fact that a couple decades later GOAL leadership went off the rails. GOAL is now a much better organization than it was at one point.

NRA has done some good things. That doesn't change the fact that Wayne LaPierre is looting the organization. I'm a life member of both GOAL and NRA. NRA won't get another dime from me until and unless Wayne and his cronies are gone. Until then, I'll donate my money elsewhere.
its not just the looting. You should try and have a candid conversation sometime with members like I have had on multiple occasions. Its all manipulation and coercion behind the scenes.

Now with goal I appreciate the effort that is put in but to me, lobbying in a state with a supermajority is just slowing the bleed but we are still bleeding to death. The court rulings are where our bread gets buttered.

Can't the NRA Board of Directors call for Lapierre resignation if they want?
Have you written or called the members of the Board to make your wishes known?
Do you vote on whom the BOD comprises?
no, he has his hooks into enough people by putting spouses, children, etc... into roles that would go away if they turned on him. Entire families income are under his control and if they speak against him it goes bye bye.

Now with goal I appreciate the effort that is put in but to me, lobbying in a state with a supermajority is just slowing the bleed but we are still bleeding to death. The court rulings are where our bread gets buttered.
Yes, GOAL is fighting a rear-guard action. The best they can do is to slow things down and sometimes point out patently obvious lunacy. No matter how good GOAL is, there is little they can do when the majority of the legislators are anti-gun.

Comm2a sues the Commonwealth and it is only in federal court that we have a chance of victory.

Back
Top Bottom