• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Is Going Broke And Moving To Texas

"As Executive VP, LaPierre’s annual salary is $1.4 million. It’s hard to identify the value a non-profit association receives for that kind of money. The President of the United States is paid less than one-third of that; the Secretary of Defense gets only $210,700, and the base salary of a U.S. Senator is $172,000."​
"The author is particularly critical of William Brewer III’s legal briefs. “In over 50 years as a practicing attorney, I have never encountered a lawyer, or even an entire firm, whose services were worth $1.8 million in a single month — much less for ten consecutive months.”"​

Last edited:

"As Executive VP, LaPierre’s annual salary is $1.4 million. It’s hard to identify the value a non-profit association receives for that kind of money. The President of the United States is paid less than one-third of that; the Secretary of Defense gets only $210,700, and the base salary of a U.S. Senator is $172,000."​
This says it all:

Lots of captains have gone down with their ship, but LaPierre’s refusal to step aside for the good of the organization is a case of the captain taking the ship down with him.

This says it all:

Lots of captains have gone down with their ship, but LaPierre’s refusal to step aside for the good of the organization is a case of the captain taking the ship down with him.
Makes you wonder what he's afraid of the next captain finding, aside of what we already know!

As long as he's still involved in the NRA, when my membership expires in March, I'll roll that into a different 2A organization or just add to what I already give to GOA.

Makes you wonder what he's afraid of the next captain finding, aside of what we already know!

As long as he's still involved in the NRA, when my membership expires in March, I'll roll that into a different 2A organization or just add to what I already give to GOA.
Very good point. He has to know that he's way into scorched earth territory now.

You sure about that?
Yup. Oh, yes.....yup! Right from the early days in the 1970s when we had no GOAL and some corrupt Middlesex County sheriff put a referendum question on the Massachusetts ballot to disarm us peasants but completely exempt his fellow badge carriers. NRA sat on the sidelines, figuring us Ma**h***s deserve to take the big one right up the puckered hole. The associated groups that banded together and became united as GOAL pushed back and saved our 2A rights by getting this proposal voted down. It was a come-from-behind victory and damned close. Washington DC residents lost their rights to their private possession of handguns just a few short month later. Once again, where was the NRA? I might be old but I still have my memory. Senility hasn't set in quite yet!

I'm not happy with everything the NRA does either, and LaPierre is a suckubus.

However, it would be foolish to let them go under. No other gun org has the member numbers, recognition, clout, relationships with politicians who vote for or against gun legislation, and this is not to mention what they do for gun education/safety and marksmanship programs. You can whine, as I do, but then grow up and think less emotionally, as that's exactly what fat fuque Karens do in the suburbs.

Dana Farber Cancer Institute is a nonprofit as well. Guess how much those executives make?

It's the price of doing business gents (and lady)
Unfortunately you are 100% correct, which why i don't give to most non profits.

Charity is best done at home and in your hometown and not giving to these NP who are basically political orgs.

Case and point....giving one of my older bows to a kid at the club who can't afford one tomorrow.

The NRA called me last night. The woman on the phone gave me her little pitch. I asked if Wayne is still running things over there. No shit, her response was, "Unfortunately, yes." I told her FPC and GOA will get all of my money until Wayne is gone. She said, "I totally understand." I couldn't believe it.

The NRA called me last night. The woman on the phone gave me her little pitch. I asked if Wayne is still running things over there. No shit, her response was, "Unfortunately, yes." I told her FPC and GOA will get all of my money until Wayne is gone. She said, "I totally understand." I couldn't believe it.
I'm sure she's heard that before.

Yup, the calls have begun. I will have to ask the above the next time they call.

Back
Top Bottom