The FBI has called Jerry Delemus of The 2014 Bunkerville Stand

6 years WTF!

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2016/08/blaine_cooper_gerald_delemus_p.html

LAS VEGAS — Two men pleaded guilty Thursday for their roles in an armed confrontation with federal officials over grazing rights near cattleman Cliven Bundy's ranch.

Gerald "Jerry" DeLemus and Blaine Cooper are the first of 19 defendants to take plea deals in the April 2014 standoff. Each man admitted to conspiring with others who engaged in a tense standoff with federal Bureau of Land Management agents near Bundy's property about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Each also pleaded guilty to another felony in the case.

Both said they weren't physically present for the standoff. "I was calling people to participate," Cooper told U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro.

Their plea deals call for sentences of six years in federal prison, although their defense attorneys can seek leniency at sentencing Dec. 1. Each also could be fined as much as $500,000 and be subject to as much as three years of government supervision after prison.

Cooper, 37, from Humboldt, Arizona, also pleaded guilty to assault on a federal officer.

He told the judge he interfered with the execution of federal court orders by recruiting armed gunmen to display support for Bundy and his sons Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Mel Bundy and Dave Bundy and stop the roundup of the family's cattle from the scenic Gold Butte area.

DeLemus, 61, of Rochester, New Hampshire, also pleaded guilty to a felony alleging that when he drove cross-country with guns he intended to display "force and aggression" to stop the roundup.

This sentence is so harsh that next time people are just gonna start shooting....life in federal prison....or death.....whats the difference.

Last edited:
I feel badly for Jerry - that blows - but I can bet it was a deal that if they didn't take it, they were going for the whole pile and they would get life+ as certain evidence and facts would not be presented due to legal maneuvers.

In regards to starting shooting - yes, that time is coming soon. There is no way that this can continue on the trajectory it's on. When something can't continue - it won't.

so where are all the patriots commenting over this travesty? The plea has been news for a week now and nothing but crickets. pleading guilty and still looking at six years? Well at least the desert tortoise and chinese solar are safe and sound...

What would you like us to say? Anything worth saying would get us a cell next to him, we're a bunch of cowards or he wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

The feds are patient, they will get you now or later, whether it's burning down your house with all your family in it or waiting 2 years to ruin dozens of live. They will get you...

As a college student, Eric Holder participated in an ‘armed’ takeover of former Columbia University ROTC office.
He sold guns illegally during Operation Fast and Furious and he's still a free man.

Great, that's really gonna make people want to cooperate. Apparently even if you plea out, the judge is still gonna make it even worse for you than the plea you agreed to because she doesn't like your "attitude." [rolleyes]

DeLemus told the judge that he traveled cross-country with weapons because he'd heard that government snipers surrounded the Bundy home. He said he was willing to "take a bullet" to protect the family.

"My concern was that someone would get hurt," he said, choking back tears. "It wasn't the cows. I didn't want that family injured. God will know in the end."

Yup, cos Ruby Ridge proved that the feds would never shoot a woman or a child.

Judge Gloria Navarro. Obama appointee, recommended by... Drumroll... Harry Reid. Yeah, the Same Harry Reid who's son is the lawyer for the company that builds the solar plant. But what do I know?

Talking to the Feds seems to me to be a losing proposition. You aren't going to talk your way out of trouble and you might well talk your way into club fed.
Plus, they can get a conviction for "lying to a federal agent" if they do not like your answers (note that I am not saying "if you lie").

Martha Stewart did not know it, Billy Bulger knew it, and now YOU know it!!!
No way I would give a statement to a Fed, even as a witness, unless my lawyer is there and we have our own video recording.
I believe FBI policy prohibits recording of any interviews by any party.

Last edited:
If there was ever a legit case for a pardon, this is it.

Not gonna happen. Trump is a law and order type. The more I think about this case, the more I think Jerry shot himself in the foot and kind of made his own bed. He seems like a really nice dude and I believe he had good intentions, but he chose the wrong hill to die on.

It's great that you want to fight against what you see as government overreach, but when you do, this is ultimately what happens. Uncle Sam doesnt like when you take up arms against him.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nevada-militia-idUSKBN1AB2XF

(Reuters) - One of two men convicted in the first of several trials stemming from a 2014 standoff led by renegade rancher Cliven Bundy against federal authorities in Nevada was sentenced on Wednesday to 68 years in prison for his role in the armed confrontation.

Gregory Burleson, 53, of Phoenix, was found guilty in April of eight felony counts, including charges of threatening and assaulting federal officers, obstruction of justice, interstate travel in aid of extortion and firearms offenses related to a crime of violence.

68 years sentence and not a shot or a chalk out line was drawn.

Jason.

68 years for pointing a firearm at storm troopers yet the very same storm troopers get paid to not just point firearms, but actual shoot and kill innocent citizens? The charges and certainly the conviction sort of substantiate their position. Next time maybe there won't just be pointing.

If Obama can give gangbang drug users pardons .....

No kidding, because it was Obama that started this whole thing by sending his thugs after Bundy in the first place.
It was all a scam to run Bundy into bankruptcy so the gov could steal his land. The plan was to get possession of his land, then "auction" it off to the highest bidder, and that high bidder would have been a company connected to some high level gov insiders. Then that company would sell the uranium mining rights to the property and those gov insiders who helped facilitate the deal would have received a kickback.

I guess the lesson here is if one is going to revolt against the government, especially if one takes up arms, then one had better win or expect to face the consequences, and there will definitely be consequences as we're seeing. No government can let such a challenge to it's authority go unpunished, so rebellion is and always has been a case of "Victory or Death" (or at least a lengthy prison sentence which is almost the same thing).

I'm curious about what is actually happening here legally. Did these guys that got convicted do something "worse" than the other hundreds of people who were there? How many people actually got arrested and why didn't EVERYONE get arrested? Were these couple of dudes just grabbed at random to send a message?

Back
Top Bottom