The FBI has called Jerry Delemus of The 2014 Bunkerville Stand

If you are just a witness to a crime and not a suspect for any conceivable reason, I think it's fine to give a statement without a lawyer present.

If you give a statement to a Fed, but accidentally forget something, or they write down what you said incorrectly, you can find yourself facing a federal perjury conviction. No way I would give a statement to a Fed, even as a witness, unless my lawyer is there and we have our own video recording. And even then, I doubt I would say a damn thing to a Fed. The chance for a perjury trap is simply too great.

If you give a statement to a Fed, but accidentally forget something, or they write down what you said incorrectly, you can find yourself facing a federal perjury conviction. No way I would give a statement to a Fed, even as a witness, unless my lawyer is there and we have our own video recording. And even then, I doubt I would say a damn thing to a Fed. The chance for a perjury trap is simply too great.

I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of a witness statement used against the witness when it was given in good faith. It would depend on the situation. It's a well known fact (even discussed in police academies) that witnesses see different things under stress. They even have training exercises where you look at a stack of statements from a crime scene and try to develop a suspect from the conflicting reports.

Being wrong is only a crime if it is intentional and no DA could ever prove it was intentional unless you had some connection to the crime beyond "wrong place, wrong time"

If I saw a murder on the street for instance or was present during a bank robbery, no harm can come from a statement.

If it was something vague that you could potentially get sucked into, then a lawyer would be a smart move.

I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of a witness statement used against the witness when it was given in good faith. It would depend on the situation. It's a well known fact (even discussed in police academies) that witnesses see different things under stress. They even have training exercises where you look at a stack of statements from a crime scene and try to develop a suspect from the conflicting reports.

Being wrong is only a crime if it is intentional and no DA could ever prove it was intentional unless you had some connection to the crime beyond "wrong place, wrong time"

If I saw a murder on the street for instance or was present during a bank robbery, no harm can come from a statement.

If it was something vague that you could potentially get sucked into, then a lawyer would be a smart move.

What you're missing is that DA's want convictions and they don't care what they have to do to get one. Never talk to the police without your lawyer present.

I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of a witness statement used against the witness when it was given in good faith.

I have.

A friend's client told the police she never let X use her car. She later told them she gave him the keys so he could listen to the radio. She ended up in jail for nine months awaiting trial. They wanted more information from her than she was willing to give up, so they let her stay in jail.

My father witnessed a bank robbery in the mid-1990s in the most unlikely of places, Charlestown, MA. [laugh]

Police/feds showed up, took witness accounts and then he went back to work. Robber rode off on a bicycle and caught the same day and my father never heard anything about it after that.

My father witnessed a bank robbery in the mid-1990s in the most unlikely of places, Charlestown, MA. [laugh]

Police/feds showed up, took witness accounts and then he went back to work. Robber rode off on a bicycle and caught the same day and my father never heard anything about it after that.

Actually that does sound a bit unlikely. The bank robbers are usually from Charlestown and don't stick up banks in their own back yard.

Being wrong is only a crime if it is intentional and no DA could ever prove it was intentional unless you had some connection to the crime beyond "wrong place, wrong time".

At the state level, maybe, but not with the feds. If you tell the feds one thing, then remember it differently when you get called to testing to a Grand Jury or in federal court, then you can be in seriously deep trouble.

And they don't have to prove that you are guilty -- they only have to prove that you are now broke after they have persecuted you for a few years and you've run through all your savings paying your attorney.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that does sound a bit unlikely. The bank robbers are usually from Charlestown and don't stick up banks in their own back yard.

Sounds like it was done by an amateur, not one of the Charlestown "pros".

At the state level, maybe, but not with the feds. If you tell the feds one thing, then remember it differently when you get called to testing to a Grand Jury or in federal court, then you can be in seriously deep trouble.

And they don't have to prove that you are guilty -- they only have to prove that you are now broke after they have persecuted you for a few years and you've run through all your savings paying your attorney.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like it was done by an amateur, not one of the Charlestown "pros".

armored car -charlestown-bank robber anywhere.

Now this is interesting. Mark had a bunch of video's from today and weeks ago.
They are all gone. All of them. The live feed one with the chat on the side is still there. Nothing running obviously but everything else is gone. [tinfoil]

Scooter libby, if memory serves.

Don't talk to Feds. Don't talk to cops. Shut your damn mouths. It cannot be repeated enough. They are not talking to you in order to ascertain your innocence, only how guilty you are.

http://youtu.be/i8z7NC5sgik

Never talk! Can not be said enough!

Martha Stewart was NOT convicted of insider trading. Martha Stewart went to jail for lying to investigators!!

If the FBI had an arrest warrant, they would just go arrest him. They are looking for information and one can only assume that if he is meeting with them, then he will provide it

Not necessarily true, they might be trying a hard sell CI job on the guy. Once you get a warrant you can't really "go back" and "unget" it. So they're probably going to try to do to that guy what they did to randy weaver. "We have -this- shit on you, so rat/spy on these people, or else". The feds do this all the time with gobs of people.

-Mike

... Being wrong is only a crime if it is intentional and no DA could ever prove it was intentional unless you had some connection to the crime beyond "wrong place, wrong time" ...

Well, more accurately, being wrong is only a crime if you lack the financial ability to successfully defend against malicious prosecution.

Or 50 friends to keep things honest.
Just in case he accidentally made a " Furtive movement " or something.

Such movements can be caused by shooting the target in the midsection. Their hand moves toward their waist, which is obviously an attempt to drawn the stolen gun that will be planted there later.

Doesn't this usually end with an official statement from the FBI along the lines of "The subject lunged at agents from across the table putting them in fear for their safety. They were forced to shoot in order to defend themselves."

I just found this on news web site will get the link on edit. This is how they are going to get us, a few at a time.

[B]"They are charged with 16 felony counts, including conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States and conspiracy to impede or injure a federal officer. This is simply an outrage and tyrannical in the extreme."[/B]

http://patriotupdate.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-just-got-some-bad-news-please-pray/

Conspiracy to commit free speech? What Feral officer was impeded and from doing what?

When will the same charges be brought against the Occupidiots that held Harvard Square hostage for months?

OK, so the Jerry has been arrested thread is gone. I contacted Derek and he has is reasons and they're for our own good.

So, rather than start another thread, I'll just continue here.

Jerry is now in Nevada. He's had a fairly rough road going out there. From being treated nicely to being treated like shit.
If anyone wants to write to him and let him know he's in our thoughts and that he's not alone or whatever, I'm sure he
could use all of the encouragement that he can get.

New address
Gerald DeLemus 15263049
2190 East Mesquite Avenue
Pahrump, NV 89060

This from Susan's FB

Sunday, April 3rd, 2016 8:00pm
Well I finally have the time to update you all. It's been a very long, busy day.
Jerry's lawyer told me that Jerry will be going to court on Monday. This will be the first round and we will be hoping for release. The judge more than likely will refuse to hear the case. Eventually there will be an appeal for release while awaiting trial.
Jerry actually called me around 10:00am, and he called me twice one call right after the other. Each call is 15 minutes. So he explained that he wasn't given the opportunity to call me yesterday until 11:00pm PST. The guards had to wake him up for his hour out. I don't know where out is but I get the impression that it's not very far from his cell, where he stays for 23 hours a day. He says there's a small rectangle of a window that's too high up for him to see out of but at least he can see when the sun is shining or when it's dark. I gave him the sunrise and sunset times so he can have a little idea about what time it is.
He has no contact with other people except when his meals are brought to him. When he first arrived at the Henderson Detention Center he was in a holding cell where there was a cement slab bench and nothing else. Jerry was so cold that he pulled his arms and his head inside the tee shirt he was wearing and hugged himself for warmth. He was in that condition for 10 hours before they came to move him. By that time he had been shivering for hours which is the body's defense again hypothermia. At that point they had him checked out and found that his blood pressure had gone crazy. That's when they administered blood pressure medication; he has never taken blood pressure medication in his whole life!
He's now in a cell with a bunk that has a fairly decent mattress but I don't know if he has a blanket. He told me that he had asked the guards several times if he could have a blanket and that if they even acknowledged him they would say "Yeah, ok" and then just walk away and go and joke with the other guards. He says he feels invisible. There is a small 2x3 steel table/desk, a small steel seat, and a rack of hooks on the wall. I do know that he has one towel. He uses toilet paper in his ears to dampen the noise and the lights are off from 12:00 am till about 4:00 am. At least there's a bit of lights out.
So the only human contact he has is with mostly gruff, cavalier guards at mealtimes. There is at least one guard who is demonstrating compassion. I pray that those guards soften towards Jerry and that they show him mercy. The other contact is getting to talk with each other. That's the best time of our day.
The pictures of us that I had given to Jerry were taken away from him after he left Brooklyn and they took his wedding band from him in Oklahoma. The pictures are probably gone for good but I am hoping that his wedding band will be sent home.
I have managed to get money on the phone line and to order stuff from the commissary so that Jerry has a toothbrush by this coming Thursday. That will be the high point of his week.
Jerry's lawyer is Brian Smith, who is one of the best lawyers in Las Vegas, NV. That is God right there. He has been so responsive and so concerned for Jerry and for me. Your prayers are being answered! Keep up the great work you prayer warriors. God bless you all and thank you from Jerry and me. We love you all.

Folks, we can't let up on this imo.
A lot of us talk about this and that. Many of you have served and actually done it.
Jerry is one of them also. He not only served his country, he still stood for what he believed in and went out
to help with what he felt was an injustice and an unconstitutional infringement.
Now whether you believe in what he was doing or not, he's still a soldier and patriot that's getting railroaded.
We need to do whatever we can to help and keep this in the spotlight.

If you can't help monetarily, at least drop the guy a letter and let him know he's not alone.
I'd say the same for the Bundy's and still encourage that also, but this is one of ours. A local. I'm sure
he'd love to hear from anyone but especially folks from New England or NH.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom