The Brass Trading Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a large quantity of 40SW. Maybe 2000-3500, have not put it on a scale in a while and keep adding. Sorted by headstamp (mostly FED & Win) and tumbled. 95% once fired, need 30-06, .223, and 45acp
Will consider any realistic trade.
Tank

Needing 30-30 brass. I have some upcoming students who want to reload that caliber, and I only have a handful. Would like to end up with a few hundred.

Will trade: 5.56 Lake City, .40 S&W, imported mil spec 30-06 (boxer primed, brass, reloadable), and .38 special.

Duke, I think I have some for ya. Let me look at what I have stocked up. I only load for my best friend's 30-30 and he sort of has "retired" that gun, I I really have a big surplus of the stuff and nothing to do with it.

Thanks. Between what I will trade with ptanks56 for, and what you can come up with, I'll be in good shape with it.

BTW, I have that Marlin in hand (which needs scratch repair). And, I also owe you some extra linotype (or other lead, let me know. I have wheel weights, wheel weight ingots, and pure lead I can give you. Let me know which you prefer.) for all that extra brass from the last time. It has been put to good use!

Duke, I think I have some for ya. Let me look at what I have stocked up. I only load for my best friend's 30-30 and he sort of has "retired" that gun, I I really have a big surplus of the stuff and nothing to do with it.

I got 207 cases. I counted out one bag of 100 that are all decapped and sized and the other bag is 107 mixed decapped/sized and once fired but polished.

I'm smeltin the remainder of that keel today with our friend from Weaponcraft Training. If you care to stop by, I can hook you up with materials, and show you some of the .502 HP's that I made last night.

I got 207 cases. I counted out one bag of 100 that are all decapped and sized and the other bag is 107 mixed decapped/sized and once fired but polished.

Laying low this morning then to the range in the afternoon. Maybe we can hook up sometime this week early or maybe sunday actually. I gotta work but maybe I can sneak out for a quick trip over. That is probably the best idea if you are around.

Yeah, I should be around. Finished up the smelting just now at 3:30 PM Saturday. Ended up with 1300 pounds of pure lead (after fluxing the crap out of it) from that keel!

Laying low this morning then to the range in the afternoon. Maybe we can hook up sometime this week early or maybe sunday actually. I gotta work but maybe I can sneak out for a quick trip over. That is probably the best idea if you are around.

I'll give you a cal in the AM Duke and see what time is best to come over. I am just working in the shop all day as the wife and girly are going to be gone. I picked up some more .44mag brass at the range today too for ya!

I'm looking for some 30-06 brass either trade or I'll pay for it. I have 223, 9mm and 40 S&W brass 1x fired mixed head stamp, most of it is RP, Win, AND PMC if anyone is interested.

So, today I buy one of the Lend lease Act Lee-Enfields, and now I need some .303 Brit brass.

I know that Marcus is hoarding most of the world's known supply of these. But there has to be some other brass out there somewhere.

Anyone?? I have lots to trade for it. I know we can work a deal somehow.

Cheapest way is really to just buy some privi partisan and shoot it. It's expensive, but I think it's worth it even just for the brass. That and a little bit of patience for the occassional deal [smile]

So, today I buy one of the Lend lease Act Lee-Enfields, and now I need some .303 Brit brass.

I know that Marcus is hoarding most of the world's known supply of these. But there has to be some other brass out there somewhere.

Anyone?? I have lots to trade for it. I know we can work a deal somehow.

.303 Brit: Just a few dozen (58) reloaded pieces here (19 Norma, 1 R-P, the rest W-W) with a variety of tips (10 Lyman #311008, 20 SinterFire frangibles, 3 tracers and assorted SPs).
Probably not worth UPS freight, but if in the New Haven area, let me know. I don't shoot .303 Brit, but I have a little of everything in my stash. I had some older Winchester (1943) and Greek (HXP, I think it was) factory fodder, but I don't see them now, so I guess they went at a recent tag sale event. These both were boxer primed, FTR.
Hansen Guns in Southport, CT may still have some more of the latter, but you'd better call to verify that. There were some stripper clips with .303 Brit (this may be RG or VPT) and a variety of other .303 ammo, but I don't recall the headstamp. There were three magazines w/o any markings for Enfields, too. Oh, there was a 3-pack of older Prvi Partizan (white box w/blue and red trim) SP, too.
I haven't been down there in a month or more...

Last edited:
The few places that I saw some 1950's brit brass (some of it on stripper clips) was all berdan primed. Bummer. Need to buy something with boxer primers. Might have to go the Prvi route that mark suggests.

Now that I think of it, Foster Bear Arms had some in the bandoliers, but I don't recall if it was Radway or what. Best call them and inquire personally. Likely it is all berdan primed, but worth a check to verify. They usually stock most mil-surp calibers in Prvi Partizan and S&B, I know. http://www.fosterbeararms.com/ Course, not of much use unless you happen to be around Foster, RI!

Last edited:
The few places that I saw some 1950's brit brass (some of it on stripper clips) was all berdan primed. Bummer. Need to buy something with boxer primers. Might have to go the Prvi route that mark suggests.

Duke:

I've got some R-P .303 once fired that I would trade for .357 mag. Interested ?

Regards....Roger

I don't have all that many 357 mags (I load them myself)... How many 303's you got?

I'd be interested if the numbers work.

I've got 36 in the R-P ! Let me know how many of the .357's you can part with and I'm sure we can work it out !

Thanks, Exousia, but I think I can handle the deal.
Rewster, is a 2:1 swap OK?

two 357 mags for every one 303?

I can cut loose 72 357 mags, and maybe even toss in a few extras to sweeten the deal.

Let me know.

Just finished sorting some range brass that I picked up last week. I thought this might be interesting for reloaders and a warning for brass traders. I have a small handful of S&B 9x19 brass. It is shiny brass on the outside, dirty brass on the inside, and sticks pretty tight to every magnet I've run it near. If I hadn't pulled it out with the magnet it would have gone on to the tumbler and into the bucket un-noticed.

During my reloading lass, I have a sample bag that I allow students to "sort", looking for defects, etc. I have some obvious steel cases in there, and they always find those. Then, I pull out the Roofers Magnet, and pass that over the cases, showing them that it's a faster way to eliminate the steel. CLICK! "Hmmmmm What's that brass one doing there?", I ask..... Must be a brass magnet... laughs all around. Nope, brass plated steel, and not reloadable.

So, as you point out, I hope that everyone is doing the magnet check on "brass" that they bring home.

As most people also know, you have to check for small primers/large primers on some calibers. Like 45 ACP, for example.

Thanks for the brass plated steel reminder!

Just finished sorting some range brass that I picked up last week. I thought this might be interesting for reloaders and a warning for brass traders. I have a small handful of S&B 9x19 brass. It is shiny brass on the outside, dirty brass on the inside, and sticks pretty tight to every magnet I've run it near. If I hadn't pulled it out with the magnet it would have gone on to the tumbler and into the bucket un-noticed.

Several sizes up for trading:

[STRIKE]I have 20+ pcs of 45-70 Government brass [/STRIKE] (ALREADY SPOKEN FOR)
I also have 9 pcs of 7mm Magnum
Also, I have about a dozen 22-.250 pcs.
Finally, I have almost 100 pcs of 454 Casull

I'm needing 303 brit, 44 magnum, 357 magnum, .308, 30-06, or any other interesting trades.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for 38 Super or 38 Supercomp brass. I have 9, 40, 45, 38 Special, 223, 30-06, and a couple 357 Sig that I can trade. All my brass is once fired. Please let me know if anyone has any they are willing to trade.

Thanks

Several sizes up for trading:

[STRIKE]I have 20+ pcs of 45-70 Government brass [/STRIKE] (ALREADY SPOKEN FOR)
I also have 9 pcs of 7mm Magnum
Also, I have about a dozen 22-.250 pcs.
Finally, I have almost 100 pcs of 454 Casull

I'm needing 303 brit, 44 magnum, 357 magnum, .308, 30-06, or any other interesting trades.
I wonder where the .45-70 went? Hmm, I believe I can bet money on the recipient.[smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom