Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for milsurp brass:
7.5swiss
7.62x54r
8mm mauser
.303 brit
7.7 Jap

Let me know what calibers you would like in exchange, I have a fair variety of different calibers.

Is this 8mm Mauser brass? If so I have 39 pieces, once fired, and it yours.

8x57AmmoPicture.jpg

Thanks! To be honest I know nothing about 8mm, I just received an M48 a few hours ago in the mail (C&R) and I figured I would plan ahead for it [smile] I don't even own any ammo for it yet [wink] Are you short on any brass Richard? PM me and we can find something to trade for it

Is this 8mm Mauser brass? If so I have 39 pieces, once fired, and it yours.

8x57AmmoPicture.jpg

QUOTE=Marcus5aurelius;1403715]Looking for milsurp brass:
...7.7 Jap...[/QUOTE]

This is not a swap deal, but Hoffman's in Newington, CT had 3 bags of Prvi Partizan 7.7 Jap brass. I believe it was $69 per 100, but call them and verify price and quantity before wasting a trip down. See if they'll make a deal on the 300 pieces since it's been in the store for awhile...

That brass pictured above is what you seek for 8mm Mauser. You will see it as 8x57JS, 8x57IS (The German "I" for Infantry looks like the English "J"), 7.92x57, 8mm Mauser, etc. Do not get the rimmed version designated "JRS" or the earlier 1888 Commission Mauser ammo that utilizes the .318" bullets.

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/CTSixshot/?action=view&current=8x57Ra.jpg&newest=1

There are other 8mm cartridges out there, too (8x56 Mannlicher, 8x50 Lebel etc...). If you really come up short, you can easily trim/size 30-06 Spfld into 8x57, if absolutely needed.

Last edited:
I have quite a bit of 30-06 commercial mixed headstamp I would be willing to trade for 7mm Mag brass. Let me know what you have in mind and how much 7mm mag you have.

Thanks
Kevin

I have quite a bit of 30-06 commercial mixed headstamp I would be willing to trade for 7mm Mag brass. Let me know what you have in mind and how much 7mm mag you have.

Thanks
Kevin

I have 167 Remington 7mm Magnum 1x brass that I would like to trade for 1x 30-06 commercial brass. (Winchester preferred?)

101 R-P (5 tarnished some)
44 Winchester
10 Nickel Winchester
6 ? symbol has a upside down question mark with a big U surrounding it with a line on each side.
3 Frontier (tarnished some)
2 NNY
1 R-P dented near shoulder...might come out with some hot loads.

The nickel ones look like they were shot 5 minutes ago. The rest of the brass is nice yellow stuff just as it is...needs to be tumbled to look perfect. The eight pieces that are tarnished some still have a yellow/orange to brownish look, but are not as if they were freshly dug out of the dirt.

Let me know what you have and what you think. Maryland zip 21921.
Thanks Wayne

Recent acquisition:
25 pieces of what appears to be 43 Spanish.
This is primed brass with no markings whatsoever, seemingly once-fired, with a large (6.47mm) berdan primer with a triple flash hole primer pocket. Brass is 2.25" in length, mouth diameter is .4605", base diameter is .515", rim diameter is .625", rim thickness is .080". Each case has a 395g, .439" LRNFP bullet, but no powder charge. $2 each or equivalent swap.

Also acquired about 140 pieces of .30-30 (mostly R-P, some Winchester). Based on different primers, I'd guess it's more than once-fired. SPF
35 Rem brass, about 50 pieces (mostly R-P).
One box of Norma 7.7 Jap with one live round. SPF

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can load regular 38 special brass to +P pressures. Just mark your boxes, so that you know what they are.

I have a bunch of 38 special, not many +p's. What is the .223 brass that you have? Who made it?

looking to trade 300 .223 brass for 300 once fired .38+p brass (nickle preferred)

Thanks

Pretty sure you can load regular 38 special brass to +P pressures. Just mark your boxes, so that you know what they are.

I have a bunch of 38 special, not many +p's. What is the .223 brass that you have? Who made it?

Thanks,

uhm is mixed, 90% is once fired out of my brothers AR, a lot of federal and American eagle boxes around, so i would assume those.

WTT for 30-30 brass

Found something different, thought someone might be interested.

250 Savage, 33 pcs, Winchester brass.

or the boring stuff,

30 Carbine, 160 pcs, some with FC, RP head stamp, other military surp I assume.
300 Win Mag, 25 pcs, 20 bright once fired, all FC. Talk about case volume!

I have other range brass. Looking for 30-30 which is also fairly mundane stuff. If you have some to trade let me know what you're looking for. I'm new to reloading.

I have some 30-30 I would be willing to trade for your 300 winmag, I will check and see how much there is.

I'm looking for .32 Win Spl if anyone has any.
Patriot:
I know there's some in my collection, too, although most of it is loaded ammo. Give me a chance to inventory what I have and I'll reply again soon. (Likely only up to 50 pieces combined, I'm guessing.)

Ahhhhh, hardly worth bothering with... there are only 19 pieces, 14 are loaded ammo with a JSP bullet (Super-X).

Last edited:
7MM-08
I have the following, 19 new unfired, 28 new primed, unfired, 20 appear to be once fired.

Looking for 308, 30-06, 7.62x54r, 6.5x55 Swede

Zombieoutfitters :

Thanks, I received your generous package of brass! It will go to good use, Steve.

It took me a bit of doing to figure out who you were. Your North Shore address messed me up. Had it come from a Western Maine address, I would have known who it was.

Thanks again.

What would you need for brass that I can help you with?

And, more importantly, when are we going shooting? (and when are we mining that berm at the Northern York County Club?)

I have once fired 223 and 9mm brass for trade, its all police range pickup (L/C, Rem, win, and a mix of others) all good .... no dark brass

Trade for 44mag, 357mag, 45 acp and 40s&w.

Have lots of:
9mm
5.56/.223
38spl
*and many other calibers, just ask

Looking for milsurp brass:
7.5swiss
7.62x54r
8mm mauser
.303 brit
7.7 Jap

I will also trade brass for components, Wheelweights, powder, primers, gas checks, or anything you have lying around of interest. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom