• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Brass Trading Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen up, here's a long list of what everyone has been waiting for!

My buddy, Tommy Thompson from the gun club, has had to admit his wife to a nursing home type place. As such, his reloading days are just about over. I was at his place today, and he loaded me up with some brass, and I made notes about other brass, most of it in short supply, that he still has there. Most of it is small qtys, everything from 5-6 pcs to 20 pcs. Some, as noted are larger amounts. If you have need for any of this brass, please send me a PM.

Tommy asks that people donate whatever they feel is reasonable, plus cover the cost of postage, and they will get shipped out. Reasonable i whatever you feel it's worth. He will use the donations to buy supplies for the club. That's the kinda guy he is. (as an aside, he takes all the scrap brass and aluminum and steel to the scrap metal dealer... the stuff that nobody wants, or is unusable for reloading... and buys supplies for the club with that money also.

No reasonable offer refused.

Here goes:
  • [STRIKE]303 Brit[/STRIKE] (removed at Tommy's request, these are his own)
  • 7mm Weatherby Mags about 20 pcs
  • [STRIKE]30 carbine about 150 pcs[/STRIKE] (SportyCliff)
  • 460 S&W (big brass!) about 20 pcs
  • 270 Winchester SHORT MAG about 20 pcs
  • 338 Winchester Mag about 20 pcs
  • Bushmaster 450 about 50 pcs
  • 300 Remington Ultra Mag about 20 pcs
  • 22 hornet about 50 pcs
  • 250 Savage about 20 pcs
  • 7mm Mauser about 20 pcs
  • 7 mm Rem Mag about 100 pcs
  • 450 marlin about 20 pcs
  • 35 Whelan about 20 pcs
  • 32 Winchester Special about 20 pcs
  • 222 Remington about 20 pcs
  • 6mm Remington (20 pcs+, not sure)
  • 444 Marlin 2 pcs only (I know someone asked about this one recently)
  • 243 about 20 pcs
  • .5 X 50 Jap 5 pcs
  • 38-55 about 20 pcs
  • 7.7 British a few pcs
  • 6.5 Reminton Special a few pcs
  • 280 Remington about 20 pcs
  • 45 Long Colt 10 pcs
  • 44-40 11 pcs
  • 10mm about 30 pcs

Update: Tommy has suggested that I should come back over, pick up these brass pieces, and handle the shipping for him. I'm doing that today, after meeting with Gammon at Cabelas. Tommy also asked me to handle the offers, and to accept on his behalf, anything that is reasonable. So, I will do so. He also asked me to "sweeten the deal" as he has done over the years with most people he deals with. So, he has given me a special group of 9mm mixed commercial head stamp, .40 S&W, mixed commercial headstamp, and 45 ACP mixed commercial head stamp, and will toss in a "Tommy Bonus" for every package sent out. Just let me know which caliber you would prefer to receive. I'll polish up all of this Tommy Bonus brass, so it should be ready for reloading when you get it. All packages will be shipped Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation. Please add $5 shipping for that to your offer. I will consolidate shipping (more than one item will ship in one box), so factor that in. I'm happy to help Tommy out, and promise good deals.

Last edited:
My buddy, Tommy Thompson from the gun club, has had to admit his wife to a nursing home type place. As such, his reloading days are just about over. I was at his place today, and he loaded me up with some brass, and I made notes about other brass, most of it in short supply, that he still has there. Most of it is small qtys, everything from 5-6 pcs to 20 pcs. Some, as noted are larger amounts. If you have need for any of this brass, please send me a PM.

Tommy asks that people donate whatever they feel is reasonable, plus cover the cost of postage, and they will get shipped out. Reasonable i whatever you feel it's worth. He will use the donations to buy supplies for the club. That's the kinda guy he is. (as an aside, he takes all the scrap brass and aluminum and steel to the scrap metal dealer... the stuff that nobody wants, or is unusable for reloading... and buys supplies for the club with that money also.

No reasonable offer refused.

Here goes:
  • 303 Brit, 200+ brass plus 200 or so 174 grain bullets
  • 7mm Weatherby Mags about 20 pcs
  • 30 carbine about 150 pcs
  • 460 S&W (big brass!) about 20 pcs
  • 270 Winchester SHORT MAG about 20 pcs
  • 338 Winchester Mag about 20 pcs
  • Bushmaster 450 about 50 pcs
  • 300 Remington Ultra Mag about 20 pcs
  • 22 hornet about 50 pcs
  • 250 Savage about 20 pcs
  • 7mm Mauser about 20 pcs
  • 7 mm Rem Mag about 100 pcs
  • 450 marlin about 20 pcs
  • 35 Whelan about 20 pcs
  • 32 Winchester Special about 20 pcs
  • 222 Remington about 20 pcs
  • 6mm Remington (20 pcs+, not sure)
  • 444 Marlin 2 pcs only (I know someone asked about this one recently)
  • 243 about 20 pcs
  • .5 X 50 Jap 5 pcs
  • 38-55 about 20 pcs
  • 7.7 British a few pcs
  • 6.5 Reminton Special a few pcs
  • 280 Remington about 20 pcs

Hey Duke, I've been looking for .303 Brit forever, what do you think ballpark would be for it?

Last edited:
I don't know, Mark.
Tommy's a good guy, and you should make a real reasonable offer. New at the store, that brass is expensive. The bullets are red boxed Hornady.

He would really rather not just give it away. This is stuff that he used to reload for himself. I think he has a set of Lee reloading dies for it on the shelf also.

Hey Duke, I've been looking for .303 Brit forever, what do you think ballpark would be for it?

ETA: Going to lunch right now, PM me and I'll get right back to you

I don't know, Mark.
Tommy's a good guy, and you should make a real reasonable offer. New at the store, that brass is expensive. The bullets are red boxed Hornady.

He would really rather not just give it away. This is stuff that he used to reload for himself. I think he has a set of Lee reloading dies for it on the shelf also.

Alright, well just let me know a ballpark and I'll see if I can afford it. If it's too pricey and has already been reloaded alot I'll just pass and buy it new. Thanks,
Mark

Tommy (in a moment of old age), forgot that there were for his own gun, and has asked me to remove them from the list. Sorry, mark.

Alright, well just let me know a ballpark and I'll see if I can afford it. If it's too pricey and has already been reloaded alot I'll just pass and buy it new. Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
WTS/WTT F*A 454 Casull brass
Prefer a cash sale, but trades could be done also (can always use some 7.5 Swiss ...GP-11 very much acceptable..., 8mm Mauser, 45 LC).

All once-fired. Clean, not decapped; looks as though it was bagged right after firing.

25 cents each plus shipping. $4.95 for USPS Priority Mail small box (I believe 80+ will stack in the small box...counted it once, but forget now.)

Also have some ammunition available, but I would rather not bother shipping. FTF accepted.
1950's Yugo 8mm on strippers. $6/box15
2007 Prvi Partizan M193 $85 ten-pack.
If shipped, UPS ORD-M will be >$15, I'm guessing.

Last edited:
I have about 1k pieces of mixed headstamp .40 S&W that i would like to trade for;

9mm
7.62x39
7.62x54

I don't necessarily need any 9mm per se, as I have a few thousand. What I am really in need of is 7.62x54r for my Nagant. .223 is a little scarce at the moment as well but i'm pretty stocked on steel case stuff for the time being. I need to find some .223 bullets. Anyone have any good sources for 55gr .224 bullets?

I don't necessarily need any 9mm per se, as I have a few thousand. What I am really in need of is 7.62x54r for my Nagant. .223 is a little scarce at the moment as well but i'm pretty stocked on steel case stuff for the time being. I need to find some .223 bullets. Anyone have any good sources for 55gr .224 bullets?

I can't post the names of places that MIGHT ship to Mass, but since you are in CT, I will send you a PM.......

I have a bunch of 8mm berdan prmed brass. I don't want to deal with berdan primed brass but if anyone wants it, they can have it. I also have a couple of thousand of .40 cal. I don't reload that caliber but I reload for about 24 other calibers. PM if interested.

I'm always interested in accumulating some Swiss 7.5x55 RUAG GP-11 brass. I'll pay up to ten cents a piece or swap for other brass, if I have what you seek.

NO.....what's the headstamp(s) you're looking for ?

Headstamps 11 D T 782 and 10 D T 782

I have 24 of the 11 and 47 of the 10

I'm always interested in accumulating some Swiss 7.5x55 RUAG GP-11 brass. I'll pay up to ten cents a piece or swap for other brass, if I have what you seek.

Last edited:
I will trade 500 cast .452 230gr. truncated cone bullets for 500 once fired Winchester .45 Auto cases only, no mixed brass. Bullets are sized, lubed (Hard red lube), and ready to go. Looking for Winchester cases with large primers only. The Winchester cases in question are from WInchester white box ammo typically sold at Wally World. PM if interested.

I am not looking for some Winchester, some federal, some XXX in %. Just Winchester.

Last edited:
Fixxah,

I sorted through 1/2 of one bucket of .45 ACP brass that I have here. I have two buckets, and they are all approximately the same mix. From my 1/2 bucket sort, I came up with 30 WINCHESTER pcs. Several of those were reloads (silver primers, whereas the factory primers are gold), and several of them were nickel plated. That gives you just a few that I will send to you, no obligation, on my dime. I won't be anle to fill the order for 500 Winchester BRASS pcs though. Sorry. Took me over an hour to hand sort the 1/2 bucket.

I will trade 500 cast .452 230gr. truncated cone bullets for 500 once fired Winchester .45 Auto cases. Bullets are sized, lubed (Hard red lube), and ready to go. Looking for cases with large primers only. The cases in question are from white box ammo. PM if interested.

Last edited:
Fixxah: That sounds like a great deal, but I know all of my brass is more than once fired. I did even take the effort to segregate it all by headstamp, but I can't meet your requirements. To be honest, I can't say that I keep meticulous records on any of my brass as to times fired, so my bad, I guess.

As a side note, I would report that "rewster" and "WEJ 1163" are fine folk to trade with. I just completed trades with both and their product was 100% good to go! Thanks, guys!

One other thing... I'm amazed that there aren't more stories of reloaders jamming LP's into the small primer 45 ACP NT and GAP brass. Diddo for the 7.62 short R-P with small primers etc. Keep up the sound brass sorting procedures, guys!

On a rather sad note... http://policelink.monster.com/news/...self?utm_source=news&utm_content=othertopnews

Last edited:
Looking for:
.44 mag
.303brit
7.5swiss
7.62x54r
30-06
8mm

Have:
9mm
17 30-30s
20 .32s
60 .380s
and a bunch of other calibers just let me know what you're looking for

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed this yesterday !

I'll check on headstamp and quantity tonight and let you know how much I can let go of.

I have a bag with some 380 ACP, once fired, in it.

How many 30-06 do you have, and what would you want for qty in return?

400-500 rounds of 38 special, most is cleaned all is checked.

I have about 400-500 rounds of 50/50 range brass and once-fired in 38 special. Enough to fill a 2quart container.

They have all been checked by hand and 90% of them have been cleaned in corncob media. The ones that have been cleaned were checked before and after cleaning.

I was planning on reloading 38 special, but have decided not to after finding I just don't shoot it often enough.

Willing to trade it all for some factory 9mm or LEAD in raw or ingot form.

Can complete the trade at MRA Range in Woburn, Four Seasons or other location in the Woburn / Wilmington area weekdays at 12pm or 4pm.

PM or EMAIL if interested.

ETA:
150+ .44 Mag - A couple of nickle, but more than 150 brass. My trade value that I have placed on this is
2:3, which is I would like 225 pieces of .357 Mag brass (not nickle plated) in like condition.

I'm interested. Let me check my stash tonight or tomorrow and I'll PM you if I have sufficient .357.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom