the 1911 you dream about

greencobra

NES Member
Sitting here in work on another boring Sunday daydreaming about the Les Baer 1911 I'll never get. I've coveted one for years, has to be a 5", .45acp, and does not have adjustable sights. Has to have fixed sights cause adjustables take away from the classic lines. I really don't care what model at this point, just know I want one of les's guns. So it leads me to ask you all, what 1911 would you like to have, or maybe you already own it. Doesn't have to come from a custom shop or even be in .45, maybe you want it in 9mm or 10mm or .40. How about a.38 super. Let's hear what caught your eye. Me, I've been waiting 20 years. And nothing. It's free to dream.

My favorite out of my four 1911s is my all correct (though re-parkerized) low mileage 1944 Colt 1911A1.

Last edited:
Spingfield Armory 1911 that I bought in the mid 80's, Milspec version. My dad (USMC Korea) and I used to take it to the range. he passed on in 2002. I sent it to SA for the Loaded Package a couple years ago. Every time i pick it up, I remember my father showing me how to shoot it, we are both lefties. he could shoot lights out either hand. It is priceless to me, a pistol I will never let out of my possession.

SVI 1911 wide body with the new metal lower grips, though I really want to get a single stack in the traditional (bushing) style in blued with a PVD coating.

I saw a nice one when I was at the factory a while ago - titanium with engraving and gold inlay - $18,000, but a bit pimped out for my taste.

hmmmm.....so many great 1911's out there it is impossible to pick only one. My wish list starts with a Wilson Combat Tactical Elite (black in 45acp), next up is a Wilson Combat compact SS CQB (with bull barrel and carry cuts), then a SS full sized Wilson CQB in 9mm, a full sized black Wilson CQB in 9mm and 38 super, a Wilson Elite Professional in 38 super, a Wilson CQB in 10mm and finally a Wilson Sentinel in 9mm!

Oh wait......the first six listed are already in my safe [smile] trying to sell the 10mm CQB to buy a Sentinel for EDC. [grin]

All I want is a Singer

I wouldn't even want a Singer because I'd be too tempted to shoot it. [wink]

I would love to have a 1950's or 60's Colt Commercial. Something that's already got some wear to it so I wouldn't feel bad about shooting it often, because I would.

Something like this (image stolen from some guy on the 1911 forum)

commersh.jpg

I had the exact 1911 ( well, wide body 2011 ) I wanted built a few months ago.... totally my "dream" gun. Problem is, now I want another

My "next" will be a 5" 1911 in .40 with a rail

Last edited:
Custom Colt series 70 worked over by me :)

4AC81C14-954D-4076-AABD-CBD1C0CCFABE-7745-000014629034DB23_zps3435f88b.jpg

Pefect 1911: Polymer frame, striker fired, 15 rounds of 40S&W....jk of course.

I'd love a pre-war nickel 1911 with pearl handle grips. Louisiana pimp style, as Patton described it.

Ha, not a dog in the bunch. Beautiful guns whether you own it already or like me, just wishing. You bozo's are a bunch of classy gun enthusiasts, did I say that right?

...Anything that doesn't say Les Baer, Kimber, Taurus, or Para Ordnance on it. [rofl]

-Mike

I have all the ones i want...all 10 of them.

Cheapest is is a rock island,

most expensive for for me is a Volkmann

in between are a few Ed Browns, a kimber, a DW concealed carry, a colt rail gun and a few s&ws and a Remsport

Tactical machining 80% modified to commander length and a rounded butt (as i like my ladies), caspian slide, colt "new agent" style sight, all melonite black, flat trigger, custom blackwood grips. a la http://www.derrprecision.com/ - keep it local!

para ordnance, preferably short barrel with inconsistent extraction/feeding, severe pitting is optional.

will allow me perfect my rapid malfunction clearance skills.

Back
Top Bottom