• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Text Messaging Hates Us

I was working on automated text messaging from a website as part of a project in the gun industry. I had it working nicely, but then the concept of "registering a campaign" for US ATP 10DLC registration (Application to Person 10 Digit Dialing) reared its ugly head. This is a new thing in place to reduce "text spam". If your sending number is not registered, you can't reliably send text messages and most/all carriers will totally block them. This only applies to services that send automated or software driven messages (like an order confirmation text); not manually sent messages.

Yup, you guessed it. Firearms are on the SHAFT list and you cannot register any number if the messages deal with firearms. SHAFT stands for Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco. They also ban automated to a metric s-load of other things like cannibas, gambling - basically anything that would offend anyone except of course for woke stuff.

This is ban is industry wide for US numbers; it's not a function of which text messaging vendor you select.

They would be better off banning text messages supporting food sales and deliveries as obesity kills more people that subcutaneous ballistic apertures.

If anyone knows a way around this other than lying on the registration, let me know.

SHAFT ain't takin no bull spit!

samuel-l-jackson-john-shaft-trench-coat.jpg

Made with SWADE - Sex, Woke, Asexual, Democrat and Elected Officials.

Back
Top Bottom