• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas signs

My wife is at a nursing convention (she on the board of the org, so she has to go) and brought me along for "Companionship", though I think my role is gofer and baggage handler. Decided to grab photos of no guns signs to see if any were TX30.06/30.07 compliant.

No signs here:

1664581923623.png

A non-compliant one at Dennys:

1664581946018.png

And Hyatt (though I believe the transport to room part cannot be banned even with a 30.06/.07 sign)

1664581971073.png

And CVS (There are still things TX requires a carry permit for, despite constitutional carry LTC Benefits | Department of Public Safety). MA is currently on the "recognized by TX" (State Reciprocity Information | Department of Public Safety). Since most states are valid in TX, those who play the save the whales game ("collect the whole set") can play "pick a card, any card" if challenged.

1664582236460.png

And finally the one compliant sign I found at the Menger hotel (though it is still bound by the hotel carry for storage law)

1664581985695.png

The penalty for violating a 30.06/30.07 sign in up to $200 with an affirmative defense of leaving the property property promptly after being asked to leave - https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86R/billtext/pdf/HB00121F.pdf#navpanes=0

My wife is at a nursing convention (she on the board of the org, so she has to go) and brought me along for "Companionship", though I think my role is gofer and baggage handler. Decided to grab photos of no guns signs to see if any were TX30.06/30.07 compliant.

No signs here:

View attachment 668212

A non-compliant one at Dennys:

View attachment 668213

And Hyatt (though I believe the transport to room part cannot be banned even with a 30.06/.07 sign)

View attachment 668214

And CVS (There are still things TX requires a carry permit for, despite constitutional carry LTC Benefits | Department of Public Safety). MA is currently on the "recognized by TX" (State Reciprocity Information | Department of Public Safety). Since most states are valid in TX, those who play the save the whales game ("collect the whole set") can play "pick a card, any card" if challenged.

View attachment 668224

And finally the one compliant sign I found at the Menger hotel (though it is still bound by the hotel carry for storage law)

View attachment 668215

The penalty for violating a 30.06/30.07 sign in up to $200 with an affirmative defense of leaving the property property promptly after being asked to leave - https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86R/billtext/pdf/HB00121F.pdf#navpanes=0
Beautiful and interesting history at the Alamo. Cool trip and thanks for sharing this info.

@Rob Boudrie keep an eye out for 51% signs. Those are a real PITA. Any establishment which receives 51% or more of it's revenue from sale of alcohol (consumed on premises I believe) has to post a sign but these are usually not posted on the doors but closer to the bar or inside the establishment somewhere and all carry is prohibited. There are places that will post a 51% sign that aren't actually at 51% and they do it to be dickheads and ban carry at all.

Also in TX, if there's an entrance with no signage the prohibition is invalid. Nobody pays attention to that shit there, it was a skid greasing deal to get CHLs passed. A cheap tradeoff, it's rare antis get almost nothing in return.

Oh, I need to wait for the guy who claims MA law is better for gun owners than TX law is because we have binding signage.
We also have constitutional carry now and if you do get your LTC and want to buy a gun at an FFL, you don't have to wait for the background check to come back. And you actually don't need a license to own or possess any firearm related anything here in TX.

Back in 2016 did the exact same thing. I accompanied my wife on a nursing conference in San Antonio and also took note of anti firearm signs. This was the only one I took a photo of, and it was at a bar.

IMG_4719.JPG

I had fun visiting local gun shops, bars, and museums while she attended her conferences.

IMG_2622.JPG IMG_4703.JPG IMG_4723.JPG

Back
Top Bottom